Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Vmar Mig 21

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 PM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vmar Mig 21

Anyone has one of these new birds to report about yet? I'm interested in the quality of construction and finish before dropping 3 franklins for one. A flight review will be fantastic...[:-]
Old 03-04-2005, 09:09 AM
johntheroadie
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Vmar Mig 21

I think we're all waiting for a flight report and some opinions on this one... Here's another thread on it with some additional pictures of the prototype, thanks to Salmonbug!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ARF_...2423720/tm.htm

Old 03-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Endeavour105
My Feedback: (1)

FYI - VMAR Mig 21

Due out in mid May 2005 according to the Richmond RC web site at $299.99 + S&H. Richmond Mig 21 web page:

http://www.richmondrc.com/vma/storec...ma%20m490x.htm

Personallty, I too am definitely interested in this aircraft, however, I'll finally decide one way or the other on purchasing only after I read some good credible and comprehensive reviews on this new model. I'm somewhat wary of VMAR based on the all the opinions I've read in various RC forums. However, perhaps they considered all the past problems/criticisms with previous aircraft to the benefit this one. Commons criticisms seem to be with cheap hardware, control horns, covering problems, etc.

Nevertheless, it's a neat looking airplane. I'm taking a "Wait and See" attitude. If this came out in a straight kit rather than an ARF, I'd probably have one on order right now as I trust my building skills and results.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50037.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	238416   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44077.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	238417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79172.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	238418  
Old 03-05-2005, 04:20 PM
HaveBlue

I pretty sure they will improve their quality, as they seem to get better with each new kit, yes the horns are cheap , like most that come from this side of the world, but hey , controls horns are easily substituted with quality items and arent in the high expense catergory either