Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

What kind of fuel run times y'all getting?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

What kind of fuel run times y'all getting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 05:14 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of fuel run times y'all getting?

I am curious what kind of flight times y'all are getting on what size tanks. I am running a GRRT with a flex tank 6 .oz and only getting 2 minutes at max..... fast runs but very disappointing flight times.

I probably lost a few .oz by squeezing it into my fuse. Now thinking about cutting it larger and setting in 2- 4 .oz maybe... need something to last longer.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Run time

Floored,

That doesn't surprise me. With the Jett 50 running full-throttle about half the time (at the start of a high-speed pass then throttle back) I get about 3 1/2 minutes on a 6 oz tank and land just about out of fuel. If I was full throttle all the time I would surely be out of gas in less than three minutes.

This is turning a 9 X 10 at 16,000 on the ground. If I was turning a tiny prop at 25,000 at full throttle the whole time I'd burn fuel that much faster. At that rate 6 ounces in two minutes is not surprising. Ye ain't playin' around with no sport engines no more!
Old 12-05-2002, 01:00 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of fuel run times y'all getting?

OK I feel a little better about my 2 minutes of joy. At least I know I am not the only one out there with short flight times. I think I can get about 2 "oooooo"s and about 2 "ahhhhhhhh"s passing by and then my tank is out.

:spinnyeye