Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Dago Red Elevator Mod

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Dago Red Elevator Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 AM
overnout
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dago Red Elevator Mod

I know the Dago Red is a popular model. I was wondering how others have modified the elevator setup to be y'd.

Could anyone who has performed this mod comment on the steps they followed.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dago Red Elevator Mod

Well if your talking about the WM,not much room. On my Midget, I widened the servo slot, put the rudder servo in the middle and separate elevators on each side.

I have a few of the regular 40 size P-51s. I just get a high torque servo, a decent dowl and make myown and run a "Y" out the back. Works fine.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
overnout
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dago Red Elevator Mod

OK. Cool.

I ended up pulling out the tube for the one sided elevator pushrod and then drilled a hole on the opposite side in the same location. I picked up some Dave Brown fiberglass pushrods and made the Y using 2-56 rod. I ran string through the holes and out the wing saddle tied the string to each y end and pulled on the string as I slid the pushrod into the fuse so I could spread and feed the wire out of the fuse exit holes. I slide the elevator servo as far to one side as possible so the pushrod runs down the center. I just need to finish off some final touches but this appears to be a solid setup that is going to be much stronger than the original setup.