Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ultra Sport "Lite"

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ultra Sport "Lite"

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 PM
JustErik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Sport

Oh man! A six-page thread about a lighter version of the US 60 and no mention of the weight? Come on, I purposely read each and every post to let the suspense build. I waited patiently so see the final result of all this effort to shave weight. And now nothing? It's like getting all worked up down at the strip club and then having to go home and take a cold shower.

Seriously though, Minn, if this bird is still around, I'd love to know what she weighs. I just started my US 60 last night and hope to shave a bit of weight. I'd like to know what your results were so I have some idea what to expect.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never did actually weigh it, but I was noticeably lighter by feel. That said, I was not impressed with it. The Ultra Sport actually flies better with some EXTRA weight rather than trying to shave any off.

For now on, rather than try to make them light, I will always fully sheet the wing. I'm even thinking about glassing one.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
JustErik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I never did actually weigh it, but I was noticeably lighter by feel. That said, I was not impressed with it. The Ultra Sport actually flies better with some EXTRA weight rather than trying to shave any off.

For now on, rather than try to make them light, I will always fully sheet the wing. I'm even thinking about glassing one.

Fair enough, Sir. Thanks for the speedy reply.