Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

LOOKING TO BUY A NEW 4X4 SCT

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
RCPITBULL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING TO BUY A NEW 4X4 SCT

I HAVE A 2WD SLASH WITH TONS OF HOP UPS... TC3 DRIFT CAR TRICKED OUT .. & A LOSI TEN-T..( I LOVE THIS ONE)
I AM LOOKING AT A FEW 4X4 SCT...
THE SLASH 4X4 PLATINUM../ ULTIMATE...
THE SLAYER PRO 4X4..
HPI APACHE SC 4X4..
LOSI TEN-SCTE 4X4..
SO I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE HAVE SOME INPUT ON THE ONE YOU THINK IS BEST..& WHY..
I LIKE THE SLAYER PRO A LOT. AND I THINK IT IS ON THE TOP OF MY LIST... IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT..
MY BUDDY HAS THE SLASH ULTIMATE & IT'S KICKSA##. BUT MY TEN-T WILL SMOKE IT ON THE TRACK...

ALSO THINKING ABOUT THE LOSI 5IVE-T... IT IS A LOT OF TRUCK & A LOT OF MONEY AND ONLY WILL GET ONE IF I HEAR ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT..
SO IF YOU HAVE ONE TELL ME ABOUT IT... IS IT BETTER THAN THE HPI BAJA 5SC...
IF YOU HAVE THE HPI BAJA 5SC LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT..
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.....

Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOOKING TO BUY A NEW 4X4 SCT

Get the 5ive T. There are no good 1/10 4wd SCT's right now. Sadly, the best one that runs with the fewest problems is the Slash 4x4.

Also, please turn off your caps lock key.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Get the 5ive T. There are no good 1/10 4wd SCT's right now. Sadly, the best one that runs with the fewest problems is the Slash 4x4.

Also, please turn off your caps lock key.
now i didnt care much for my slash 4x4. diffs liked to leak....spur gear liked to strip. well, those were the only issues really, but it seemed to happen alot on mine.

I am considering getting a ofna hyper SC. It has a more 1/8 scale chassis layout. I cant say I know alot about it, but my buddy recently had a hyper 7 buggy and I was impressed by the quality and durability. The thing wasnt light, lol. but everything looked thick and beefy.

the 5ive T is pretty dang cool. I love the layout of the chassis. so different from most gassers. I think losi really took their time when designing it.
It is alot of money, but i bet it would be more fun than any electric 4x4 sct. That is, assuming you have some good places to run such a big truck.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:33 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the 5IVE-T, once you go 5th scale gas you'll never look back, totally different experience.

If you want something cheaper get the Apache, it looks awesome.