Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

People still hopping up older 2.5 maxx's

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:54 AM
manyhobbies
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People still hopping up older 2.5 maxx's

Just wondering if there is still a big interest in people building/hopping up the older 2.5 t-maxx's.
I ask because I a converted maxx that I havent ran for a few years. I installed a new sirio 27, unlimited eng diff's, axles, center drive shafts and a alum trans case "with all metals gears exc 1st 2nd", ran 6 tanks of fuel for break in then never got it back out, this goes along with 1 other hopped up standard 2.5 and an hpi savage with a .46.
I need to know if there is still a demand for this stuff because I figured the truck as wholes would not be worth near as much as parted out.
Thanks, Russ
Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 AM
manyhobbies

Default RE: People still hopping up older 2.5 maxx's

Wow I figured I would get some replies to this post. Maybe I worded it wrong lol. Here is the point, I have a nice converted T-Maxx that I am gonna disassemble to part out. I hav'nt ran my stuff for about 4-5 years now and it's just sitting. I have alot of great stuff in this truck and want to offer it to you guys here first before it goes on ebay. When I get it apart I will be posting in the classifieds section so keep an eye out for it. Thanks, Russ
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM
dynacopas

I am still modding my tmaxx 2.5 ....I have it up to 39mph on the GPS. My point is I am getting close to making it run with a neighbors 3.3. Just a challenge.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:12 PM
manyhobbies

Sweet. Will probably need a bigger engine to beat up on the 3.3. Russ
Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: manyhobbies

Sweet. Will probably need a bigger engine to beat up on the 3.3. Russ
its not t maxx but ive been rebuilding an older 3906E maxx for a few weeks now. its kinds nice all the core parts are cheap as hell now there a lot of companys are clearancing them out for the newer maxx stuff so i can get top of the line older maxx corecomponets cheap and still use the newer maxx stuff for things that normally break.

shocks / bulks / hubs / wheels etc etc
Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 AM
MPevine11

heres my build thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10897277/tm.htm

its on hold untill i get my car registered and inspected..........
Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 AM
ATVAlliance

I just picked up an older 2.5 from a buddy in our club. He always has something RC he is selling and I had owned a couple of cars in the past. This was cheap and it came with a boxload of spare parts from an even older t-maxx.

Someone had already swapped the 2.5 for a 3.3 and its really almost too much engine for the chassis. However, I think that makes the truck more fun to drive because you cant just "stomp on it" without losing control.

However, I dont know why I bought the thing. Seems I forgot the part about cars/trucks that you end up wrenching on them more than you enjoy driving them. Ive only ran less than 10 tanks on this t-maxx thus far and have already had to replace the rear diff and a spindle. And have been "tweaking" everything from engine tuning to the tranny.

Im thinking that once I get it dialed in I will enjoy it more. Plus...I have to think that the parts I replaced were just worn out from the previous owner and I shouldnt have to expect things to fail this often (diff was the bearing set on the pinion shaft that went bad and the spindle just broke because of a bad bearing too).

Anyway...I have already got my monies worth in fun with the thing and they sure can take a beating...thats for sure!

here is a pic. I bought a new body just recently for it as the one that came with it got shattered when the thing did an unexpected wheelie at about 30MPH in the cold!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62632.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1721063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70262.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1721064  
Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
nitrorcjunkie

My Maxx is 6 years old now....I still run it every couple weeks. I've currently got it torn down for conversion to Mamba Monster power. My Maxx is hopped up pretty good- Picco .26 power, New Era extended chassis, Revo knuckles, RPM arms, etc, etc.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Exceptions1187

Yeah my maxx is 5 years old and mines tweaked in and the only thing that ever needs to be replaced is bearings and clutch shoes..... and glow plugs
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 AM
SteveLINY818

Mine is the same way. I have a 2.5 with probably $2000.00 into it over the years. currently has a OS ,21 TM in it. It runs great on my track with the powerstroke suspension setup. I will never get rid of it, my first Nitro truck and it will never be worth selling. Cheers to driving older tmaxxs.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:17 PM
pyromatic177

My friend has on old 2.5. it's pretty beat up though