Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Eflite 110 info

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:05 AM
silvercity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite 110 info

I have an Eflite Power 110 motor, APC 17x10 Electric prop and am using a Hifei 150amp ESC. When I move the throttle lever forward there is some 'dead' movement before the engine starts. When it does start it does so with a violent jerk which is quite worrying!

The ESC is set as follows:

PWM 8 kHz
Soft Start
Soft Cutoff
No Brake
Timing Advance: Auto
Current Limiting: Standard
Battery: 6S Lipo

Any suggestions?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: Eflite 110 info

Have you tried to set the throttle range on your esc? I am not familiar with the esc you are using but most esc's set as follows. First, for safety reasons remove the prop from the motor. Turn on your transmitter and move the throttle stick to full throttle. Plug in your flight battery to the esc and you should here a single beep. As soon as it beeps move the throttle stick to its lowest position. It should beep again and then go through its normal start-up cycle. This should eliminate the dead area in the throttle. If you have instructions for your esc read through them first in case it has a different method to do this.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
RACJ

This ESC lists Battery:6S in specs given. It's not usable for 8S which 8 or 9S is what the Power110 is rated for. I have several of these motors and 8S, 17x10 or 12 or even better 18x10 or 12 is ideal power from it. Get ESC rated for 10-12S. I have not seen a 110 provide decent power on 6S.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
flytreetimes

also change the Soft Start mode to Normal. Soft start is usually reserved for heli use, certainly not rrequired on 17" props. You should check with Axi for pwm rate, 8 might be fine, but its possible it could be 12 ion these bigger motors. flytreetimes
Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
jmohn

RACJ is correct. It won't run on 6S. You need 8S or 9S for it to run properly. It will move, but not properly and that sounds like what you are experiencing.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Dr Kiwi

If the ESC is correctly set for 6s.... of course it will run on 6s....with that prop it won't get you as much power as it is capable of [on 8s or 9s], but it should run perfectly... heck, connect it to 2s and I'll bet it will run fine (if slowly!).