Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
fastcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

^^^^blah blah blah. Video proof or your just another troll. Lots of envy fueled hate on this board. If people dont have the car, and are not interested in buying one, why are they here? Im not on the Mugen forums talkin about how much faster my XO is.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM
slagburn

You can hack into the car using the Maps app with GPS- send it on a mission! Right under somebody's tires..
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fastcrash

^^^^blah blah blah. Video proof or your just another troll. Lots of envy fueled hate on this board. If people dont have the car, and are not interested in buying one, why are they here? Im not on the Mugen forums talkin about how much faster my XO is.

SupraFastSupra isn't lieing, because he has seen my brushless mugen MRX4R Run............

I built a mugen 8th scale 2 years ago brushless and hand down its the fastest thing ive ever built, ill do 100MPH in 150feet no problem.......Bastically ill smoke any XO-1 with it ANYWHERE.......hence why i sold my XO-1, i figured why would i want a slower car??? If i had to pick an order on speed it would be

1) Any Correctly set up brushless Serpent, Kyosho, OR Mugen onroad's would simply by kings of the road.......
2) Any CORRECTLY (KEY WORD CORRECTLY) set up 8thscale buggy.....Ofna, Losi, Kyosho,Xray, AE ETC........ Properly set up any 8th scale buggy will tear the doors of a XO-1
3) Any Set up 10th scale and the reason why i think this would be 3rd place, is because even tho they are a lighter car, the other options are quicker to put the power to the ground and more stable. Hence why 10th scale falls behind

AND LAST IN LINE is the XO-1............yes its a bigger car, yes its aerodynamic......... but all that doesn't mean squat because until they don't come out with better tires for the XO-1 its always going to be all over the place. I don't care who or where it is any one of my brushless cars will KILL ANY XO-1..........THAT IS WHY I SOLD MINE.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
MiamizFinest

Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
fastcrash

So you are saying that an XO cannot be as fast as a mugen, serpent, or kyosho? How have you come to this conclusion? You dont think there will be aftermarket support in the tires department? I find that hard to believe. And the motor/esc in the xo are nice, but im sure are second rate to what you were running before. And not to mention, no one knows the potential of these tires yet cause its frikkin WINTER... No consumer has tested these tires in weather warmer than 70 degrees! There is PLENTY of untapped potential in this chassis, and I find it irresponsable to hand down the verdict you have when the car is only a month old. Those onroad cars you mentioned have been out for a decade with very little changes besides the intro of CF. I am willing to bet $100 we see a 130mph XO by summers end.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
steed2-inactive

I honestly dont think your going to see much aftermarket support, traxxas took a gamble on a very small rc segment, and on top of it all threw in an insane price tag, attached with limit's, unless you own and apple device. I think we will see this product discontinued within 2 years (allthough parts will still be available). this is just my opinion though.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: steed2

I honestly dont think your going to see much aftermarket support, traxxas took a gamble on a very small rc segment, and on top of it all threw in an insane price tag, attached with limit's, unless you own and apple device. I think we will see this product discontinued within 2 years (allthough parts will still be available). this is just my opinion though.

If traxxas offers a kit version it will improve sales. I love the radio for the reasons all the droid guys hate it. If other brands follow suit in this segment then it will help create aftermarket support. This isnt the first time traxxas released a revolutionary product. Remember the T-Maxx? ... Nuff said.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
MiamizFinest

So you are saying that an XO cannot be as fast as a mugen, serpent, or kyosho? How have you come to this conclusion? You dont think there will be aftermarket support in the tires department? I find that hard to believe. And the motor/esc in the xo are nice, but im sure are second rate to what you were running before. And not to mention, no one knows the potential of these tires yet cause its frikkin WINTER... No consumer has tested these tires in weather warmer than 70 degrees! There is PLENTY of untapped potential in this chassis, and I find it irresponsable to hand down the verdict you have when the car is only a month old. Those onroad cars you mentioned have been out for a decade with very little changes besides the intro of CF. I am willing to bet $100 we see a 130mph XO by summers end.

Simple my friend, becuase ive had them all first hand...........

My XO-1 I sold after 6 days........

I have 2 buggies capable of getting into 100MPH range on a weekend basies (The RED RC8 also did 100MPH but i sold it a while back)

Had a 105MPH TC4 10th scale......

Still own a 100+MPH mugen 8th scale....

And that's how i came to my conclusion, owning all these cars first hand.......

Also ive tested the car in 90 degree weather........TIRES STILL SUCK......Read my location...........IM IN MIAMI!!! there is no winter here.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:04 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Simple my friend, becuase ive had them all first hand...........

My XO-1 I sold after 6 days........

I have 2 buggies capable of getting into 100MPH range on a weekend basies (The RED RC8 also did 100MPH but i sold it a while back)

Had a 105MPH TC4 10th scale......

Still own a 100+MPH mugen 8th scale....

And that's how i came to my conclusion, owning all these cars first hand.......

Also ive tested the car in 90 degree weather........TIRES STILL SUCK......Read my location...........IM IN MIAMI!!! there is no winter here.

Oh, well then i guess everyone else should sell their cars too, cause if you think it sucks, then thats the way it is! Being one of the first people to own something and selling it days later cause a (STOCK) component isnt as good as an aftermarket part for a pre-existing platform makes perfect sense.... Cause its not like anyone will make tires for this car. Too bad I couldnt find someone like yourself to buy a used XO from before I bought mine. Thank god we have someone like yourself to form our opinions for us. And btw, thanks for coming in here and providing your fellow hobbyists with useful information. Im glad to know my xo sucks and i should sell it cause the tires suck.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
MiamizFinest

^^^^^ WoW that was the single most depressing post on RCU, my opinions are my own and no one else's I never sayed to sell your car infact I never tolled anyone to sell there car, I'm telling you why I sold mine, I didn't have this car in stock forum for 6 days I changed the suspension completely, put harder springs, reinforced the weak servo saver, replaced all the electronics ETC in the six days I had the car....... I drove the car each day for 6 days and came to the conclusion quickly the tires are no good, and seeing there is no after market support yet the car is simply not worth it to me seeing as I own faster cars, you claimed the issues was temps.......it's not temps I thought the same thing..... I ran in 90degree weather with no luck...... It's not going to get better.

The biggest reason I sold the car so quickly was becuase I saw the problems from the start that's would pleg other users and decided to sell mine before the great sell off so I could get my money back and I did, if later down the line someone comes out with better tires I might give the car a second chance when it's cheaper, look around the traxxas forum and find me one guy actually running the thing at 100mph with out issue..... And actually enjoying the car.....the only guys enjoying the car is the guys drifting or only running it at 50-60MPH don't get your panties in a twist.

If your happy with the car enjoy it till the wheels fall off, there's is a million horrible rc cars people out there buy and enjoy I'm not stopping you or anyone, you asked how I claim to my conclusion and I showed you how, you mentioned no one can run the car under 70degrees and I did run it over......point proven don't be pist.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
fastcrash

Your verdict is hardly "point proven". Its february and 95 percent of the country is at 45 degrees or below. I think its a bit concieted to say that before a majority of owners have a chance to drive in warm weather.
With that said, there is no question that the mugen you have is an awesome car. But keep in mind a) it is on foamies and b) it is a racecar with almost 2.5 DECADES of improvement and innovation. Its kinda unfair to compare it to a first run brand new car...
Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 PM
MiamizFinest

Your verdict is hardly ''point proven''. Its february and 95 percent of the country is at 45 degrees or below. I think its a bit concieted to say that before a majority of owners have a chance to drive in warm weather.
With that said, there is no question that the mugen you have is an awesome car. But keep in mind a) it is on foamies and b) it is a racecar with almost 2.5 DECADES of improvement and innovation. Its kinda unfair to compare it to a first run brand new car...
My verdict is my own, again I don't see why you don't understand that my opinion is my own, you asked why I felt a certain way and I answered very simple. Do I see the car getting better with warmer temps sure maybe a little but it's tire compound itself isn't top notch.

Your correct about the mugen, and the foams, and ofcrouse the decades of RND, if tomorrow someone came out with quality foams for the XO-1 I'd buy another but in the meantime I don't want the car...... PERIOD..... MY OPNION NO ONE ELSE'S......

Oh any another selling point for me was 120 dollars a set of wheels?!?! I pay less for my FG tires...... My GRP's cost me 35 dollars shipped to my door and the freshes set I have is 2 years old going strong, there's already guys on the traxxas forums needing new tires....
Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
fastcrash

When you say "point proven", you are implying fact, not opinion. Thats all Im saying. And yes, I also frequent the traxxas forum and have also noticed the guy mentioning he needed tires. He stated the wear was not from top speed runs but from constant burnouts. And the other statement you made that the people on thatforum are running low speeds cause of the tires is just flat out untrue. They have all stated they were doing so beacause they wanted to get familiar with the car and/or have yet to find a place to open it up.

Again, why are you in this thread? You only seem content to irritate me, or any other owner. You may be right, the tires may suck. Thanks for the info, now move on unless you have some usefull or pertinent info...

Thanks for trying to suck the fun out of the hobby.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
MiamizFinest

When you say ''point proven'', you are implying fact, not opinion. Thats all Im saying. And yes, I also frequent the traxxas forum and have also noticed the guy mentioning he needed tires. He stated the wear was not from top speed runs but from constant burnouts. And the other statement you made that the people on thatforum are running low speeds cause of the tires is just flat out untrue. They have all stated they were doing so beacause they wanted to get familiar with the car and/or have yet to find a place to open it up.

Again, why are you in this thread? You only seem content to irritate me, or any other owner. You may be right, the tires may suck. Thanks for the info, now move on unless you have some usefull or pertinent info...

Thanks for trying to suck the fun out of the hobby.
Ok Mr. English Professor.........ONE LAST TIME.........my opinions are my own get over it please.........

Not only are people replacing tires XO-1 tires already online FOR WHAT EVER REASON THAT MAYBE, i also had 3 guys LOCALLY asking me to sell my tires to them because there's where already worthless......also im not sure what you read but i sayed the only people actually enjoy the car at people that are running 60 and under, everyone actually trying to run the car at 100MPH as its claimed is having a hard time. Search youtube...... how many crash to well running videos do you see?!!? Very few.....

I dont understand what your deal is and why you just can't get over it, im not here to irritate you infact ive yet to have a problem with anyone on this thread except you....so i dout im the problem, you sound like a kid who just found out santa clause isn't real, you simply cant believe there is a problem with the car?!

The reason i still vist this thread and the traxxas forums still is to see if there is a break-thru with getting different tires on the car, there was actually a small break threw with my suggesting to a fellow user on how to raise the car and guess what it worked, and its opening the door to try new thing's, since your so frequent to the traxxas forum run a search and see how many others ive helped and how many issues ive brought up and answered with in days of the release and now are being re-asked with my response linked as a solution. The last and final issue with the tires is the only thing i don't really see being fixed any time soon. THAT is why i still vist this thread and the traxxas site. Are you all of a sudden topic police?! No so get over it, you made your point (what ever that was) and i made mine.

All questions answered can you move on now?! I hope so because i refuse to answer you again.......
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM
fastcrash

Im sure there will be aftermarket support in the near future for the tires. The obvious pro's for the car are:

1) aerodynamics
2) loads of room for battery configurations and powertrain options

Cons:
1) castle late on the CLL software patch release
2) radio requires iDevice
3) cant change radio (esc wont cooperate) [CLL should resolve this]
4) iffy tires

If the CLL update works as planned that should eliminate the issues I know of accept for the tire issue. The car has been out for a month, lets give the aftermarket guy's a little time to develop some other choices
Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM
The_Shark

in my opinion buying a car because its fast is a really bad reason to buy a car, traxxas went for a wow factor, and they have accomplished it, good looks, large scale, app usage and a box that says 100MPH!!! 0-60 in blah blah blah every time i go to the hobby shop someone drools over it.

the fact the x01 can do 100mph is not impressive, nearly any 1/8scale or larger can be made to do 100mph or better, they dont gear them like that because most people dont have the space to do 100mph.

my HPI f10 can be geared to do over 100mph no problem running 3s, stock gearing with 2s is 58mph, and being that the car fully loaded weighs 2.1 pounds it can get there in hurry, and because its aerodynamic it can tolerate those speeds just fine. it also didnt cost me $1100, but what i like is its looks and handling 60mph is just fine.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
supafastsupra2

Your best bet for tires in the foreseeable future is going to be either:
a. GRP 1/8 GT tires (which have been proven to work very well for the buggies) with jacked up suspension on the XO-1
b. Having BSR make some cap tires for you using the stock Traxxas rims.

Since this is such a niche product, I doubt any of the usual Traxxas 3rd party vendors will be designing tires for it. Jaco makes foams for the Rustlers and such because it is a VERY popular car with an obvious need for better tires than the stock Anaconda garbage tires. I doubt Jaco would even turn an appreciable profit by R&D'ing a line of foam tires specifically for the XO-1. And you can forget pro-line as they don't have any experience with producing high speed rated tires.

Also @ TheShark, I would really love to see your HPI F1 do 100mph without issues. I'd buy one if it could reliably handle the speed for the sheer novelty of it being an F1 car
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I found a cool video, this guy did a standing backflip at speed without the body on. If I was there with a scorecard it would have read 10.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobegD0BkJo&list=LL6oFRCWC5N-PC2vhdEW771Q&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]
Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
fastcrash

Around here the roads just arent nice enough for a 1/10 scale hi speed car. I had an hpi r-40 years back with an os .18tz. that car could hit around 70 but was on the verge of undrivable. I also had an ofna gtp that handled very well, but that was before brushless, and struggled to hit 70 with a 2-speed and a hot motor.

My whole reasoning for buying this car was cause I was going to do a max effort sl4ash, but then I would have to convert it back and forth every time I wanted to do on/offroad. This eliminated that need.

Tires, I have an old set of ofna GTP treaded street tires here, and they are only slightly smaller than the XO's And I do remember the slicks for the gtp were a bit taller, and were belted. I wonder if they would be a softer compound..

Miamizfinest, I am not admitting guilt, but I do appologize for arguing with you cause its gotten us nowhere. for what its worth
Old 02-16-2012, 01:14 AM
kitchen

So you think it's really that bad? What's the best temp you have driven it in?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
fastcrash

I have not had the oportunity to test the car much at all. It snowed the night before I bought the car. When I did drive it, it was locked, the lot had ice patches, and was covered in road salt. Even with these terrible conditions, the car felt grippy, and the tires were warm after the run. The batts finish voltage was 4.1 so you can tell how short the test drive was. I'm going ti the local airport this weekend and the temps are supposed to be in the hi 40's low 50's so we will see. I will try to get some video, but cant promise anything. -Chris
Old 02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: supafastsupra2

a. GRP 1/8 GT tires (which have been proven to work very well for the buggies) with jacked up suspension on the XO-1

Since this is such a niche product, I doubt any of the usual Traxxas 3rd party vendors will be designing tires for it. Jaco makes foams for the Rustlers and such because it is a VERY popular car with an obvious need for better tires than the stock Anaconda garbage tires. I doubt Jaco would even turn an appreciable profit by R&D'ing a line of foam tires specifically for the XO-1. And you can forget pro-line as they don't have any experience with producing high speed rated tires.

Also @ TheShark, I would really love to see your HPI F1 do 100mph without issues. I'd buy one if it could reliably handle the speed for the sheer novelty of it being an F1 car
maybe sometime this week i will get my f1 going with a onboard camera. im not going to try to hit 100mph yet as i want to keep it a little while longer but i will gear it up to maybe 65-75mph.
if the ground effects do thier job in this scale, it should become more stable at speed, and so far i think thats the case because it just slices a streight path.

im also going to see if i can get a cheap radar with my tax return.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
slagburn

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Ok Mr. English Professor.........ONE LAST TIME.........my opinions are my own get over it please.........
blah blah, blah blah

OK, we get it. You had one and didn't like it, sold it and now you still hang out in the XO-1 thread and talk ish about it.

How about you move on to discussions about cars you still have.. please
Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: supafastsupra2

maybe sometime this week i will get my f1 going with a onboard camera. im not going to try to hit 100mph yet as i want to keep it a little while longer but i will gear it up to maybe 65-75mph.
if the ground effects do thier job in this scale, it should become more stable at speed, and so far i think thats the case because it just slices a streight path.

im also going to see if i can get a cheap radar with my tax return.

What kind of F1 car do you have? I was always interested in them but the roadways and parkinglots arent too forgiving around here.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
FLoJo
My Feedback: (1)

Im rocking mine in 10-20 degree weather and  lovin every minute of it . 

Kitchen when you wanna run them ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.