Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Got a XO-1 yestuday check out the pics in the traxxas forum

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...65#post5030365
Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
NBCTANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I've seen pics of a crash and down a sewer hole. Still waiting for a actual on the street video.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: NBCTANK

So far I've seen pics of a crash and down a sewer hole. Still waiting for a actual on the street video.

Ill have some up later tonight
Old 01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Uncle Vinnie

I haven't been following this thread 100%, so I'm not sure if the comment I'm going to make has already been brought up or not.

We all know that on the traxxas website it says "Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch"

It obvious the app for the IPhone is making changes to the ESC to unlock more power to the motor, we can all do that with all our ESC.

So why do we need the Iphone or any app to unlock 100+MPH????
Shouldn't we be able to do it with with the Castle Link Programming kit??? We can change pretty much any setting???

I probably missed something, someone cares to clarify.

I believe it will only be a matter of time before Castle Creations will come up with something similar, and all the other companies.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Uncle Vinnie

I haven't been following this thread 100%, so I'm not sure if the comment I'm going to make has already been brought up or not.

We all know that on the traxxas website it says ''Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch''

It obvious the app for the IPhone is making changes to the ESC to unlock more power to the motor, we can all do that with all our ESC.

So why do we need the Iphone or any app to unlock 100+MPH????
Shouldn't we be able to do it with with the Castle Link Programming kit??? We can change pretty much any setting???

I probably missed something, someone cares to clarify.

I believe it will only be a matter of time before Castle Creations will come up with something similar, and all the other companies.
Thanks
According to tower
ESC: Mamba Monster Extreme with integrated capacitor bank and
proprietary software created only for the XO-1, programmable low
voltage detection, reverse delay with lockout
Read somewhere else where it was stated from another source.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
PAPE

first runing video is up on you tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85UO9w5pAKY
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 AM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: PAPE

oh man, theres going to be alot of wrecked xo-1's around the world. what a cool car!!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Uncle Vinnie

I had the great opportunity of touch one today, my LHS has one for grabs, with the burgundy body.
What an amazing car, hopefully it will be as popular as the HPI Baja
Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 PM
MiamizFinest

Haven't talked but about the car here but ive posted tons of stuff on traxxas forums if you guys wanna check it out, anyways here are some pics of mine, i already sold the TQi radio and ESC and bumped it up to a XL speed controller and made a few other changes check it out...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: PAPE

the way he drove it made me cringe. Slamming on the throttle like that. Traxxas will make a killing in the replacement diff, and spur gear department if 70% of the owners drive like him
Old 01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Foxy

I had the great opportunity of touch one today, my LHS has one for grabs, with the burgundy body.
What an amazing car, hopefully it will be as popular as the HPI Baja
For me the only amazing thing about it is the price, and it definitely won't be as popular as the HPI Baja.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 AM
FNG RIDER

I thought this was a cool car at first until i saw the videos There is no way this car is going to hit 100 mph out of the box. there will be plenty of wrecks under 50 mph to prevent this car from ever going that fast.

This car is not for beginners, it needs a track that has been swept and prepared. good luck too all the xo owners!

I'll be spending my cash on a 1/10th4x4 short course truck w/tekin pro4 4600 and ex8 speedo for 1/2 the price of the xo with twice the fun. yeah i'll still be crashing, triple jumps can take a toll. heh heh!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Miami Jato

believe me, your right, this car is no good at all.....
Old 01-28-2012, 02:40 PM
steed2-inactive

so funny!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUHt...eature=related

I couldn't stop laughing!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: steed2

so funny!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUHt...eature=related

I couldn't stop laughing!!!
Anyone else notice that the street was damp? lol
Old 01-28-2012, 07:15 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

I saw one today at the LHS and they are beautiful looking cars... But at $1,100 are they really worth it...
Old 01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
SerpentCT4S
My Feedback: (1)

I don't see what the big deal about this car is.

First off, $1100 is insane! Also, where do people go to hit these speeds?

I bet we see ALOT of these cars for sale really quick. I've seen 2 already for sale.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: SerpentCT4S

I bet we see ALOT of these cars for sale really quick. I've seen 2 already for sale.
One of them is mine, but quick sells is nothing new, how many people bought the baja or any other rc can and 2 days later sold it simply because the didn't dig the car or decided they wanted something else.

Ill tell you first hand the car is sick, i love the dam thing but i bought into it amusing it would be as quick as the buggies i already built to do over 100MPH and that simply not the case, my own buggies can out race my own XO-1 and knowing that i know someone else with a buggy can outrun me and we cant have that can we?!?! NOPE hence why im selling the car, i already have cars faster than the XO-1 i don't need a slower car!!! The car will do 100 MPH as advertised, but my buggies will get there quicker than the XO-1

But there is nothing wrong with it!!! Still a very sweet car and it opens the doors to better tires in this scale from traxxas OR even other manufactures, and opens the door for other companies to improve there radios.

Regardless if you love the car or hate the car, it still opens the door to many improvements across the board in RC, i cant be the only that was hoping for cellphone integration for years can i?? or better tires to keep up with power house brushless set ups?!?!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

I still want one.. Have these people ever heard of steering with the throttle trim vs the wheel?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Uncle Vinnie

The good thing about the Traxxas XO-1, is that Traxxas has set a new standard for telemetry.
I predict in less than a year all the other RC manufacturers will be jumping on the ban wagon.
Hopefully they will have software compatible with Android and not only the IPhone[]

The only problem with that is that we will have to purchase a new radio to be compatible with the new telemetry[&o]
Old 01-29-2012, 01:54 PM
MiamizFinest

The good thing about the Traxxas XO-1, is that Traxxas has set a new standard for telemetry.
I predict in less than a year all the other RC manufacturers will be jumping on the ban wagon.
Hopefully they will have software compatible with Android and not only the IPhone[]

The only problem with that is that we will have to purchase a new radio to be compatible with the new telemetry[&o]

Yes i agree 100%, i digged the whole telemetry thing but i really only cared for the temps, and voltage, everything else i didnt car for it, since the new wave of ESC MMM will have data logging built in.

I enjoyed the telemetry 4, 2days it was cool the whole getting a phone car durring a run was kinda annoying tho, i should have put the phone on airplane mode!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
SerpentCT4S
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: SerpentCT4S

One of them is mine, but quick sells is nothing new, how many people bought the baja or any other rc can and 2 days later sold it simply because the didn't dig the car or decided they wanted something else.

Ill tell you first hand the car is sick, i love the dam thing but i bought into it amusing it would be as quick as the buggies i already built to do over 100MPH and that simply not the case, my own buggies can out race my own XO-1 and knowing that i know someone else with a buggy can outrun me and we cant have that can we?!?! NOPE hence why im selling the car, i already have cars faster than the XO-1 i don't need a slower car!!! The car will do 100 MPH as advertised, but my buggies will get there quicker than the XO-1

But there is nothing wrong with it!!! Still a very sweet car and it opens the doors to better tires in this scale from traxxas OR even other manufactures, and opens the door for other companies to improve there radios.

Regardless if you love the car or hate the car, it still opens the door to many improvements across the board in RC, i cant be the only that was hoping for cellphone integration for years can i?? or better tires to keep up with power house brushless set ups?!?!
I understand that, but buying this, you have to know what you are getting into. Expensive batteries and a large space to run it.

Not for nothing, but for $1200 the car looks kind of cheap to me.

The telemetry is cool, but thats the only cool thing about it. This was a big fail from Traxxas in my eyes. They would have been better off re-doing the electric 4Tec with the same telemetry and a nice brushless setup, not a 100mph over-kill system.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 AM
turok007

safety point of view. out of all the videos i have seen for this car 99% of them are being run in unsafe areas. and if this car does injure someone i believe our hobby will be in for some big changers. as we all know this car comes with loads of warnings. so no one will have any excuses if the worst happens.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:09 AM
turok007

MiamizFinest in your opinion how much more power / speed could you get out of this car with only changing the lipo & gearing and wheels. only asking as getting to 100mph in 5 seconds. takes up a lot of road very quick.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Killer RC

I think the XO1 is awesome and I'll be buying one soon. I like the radio too. I have been waiting years for a radio that integrates an iPhone/iPod. The possibilities are endless. I hope Futaba follows suit. Plus I own multiple iPhones and iPod Touches. All iPhone's/iPod Touches use the same plug socket, which makes things easy for the radio designer. With android there are hundreds of different phones with different connectors. There isnt one main Android phone that dominates the market, so they'd have to make a radio that links to the phone via Bluetooth or mini USB cable.
Anyway, good job Traxxas. This car and radio looks awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.