Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: taberj47

just broke my damn drive shaft dogbone today -___- let me tell u its a pain in the butt to pull out the old one.
What did you do to break that?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
redfisher1974

Some awesome stunt I'm sure
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
taberj47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have no clue the pin in the axel just was gone idk if it broke in two or just slid out who knows all ik is i bought new ones and better drive cups.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM
dspdrew

I just smashed my little rollbar/handle piece on the very top, but at least I didn't have to go home for once.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
fastgreen350

Called Hpi today and now instead of telling me weeks ago that the qbase esc isnt in stock, they tell me it will be april until the qbase is in stock.  So I told them to send me another vapor pro.  I want to sell it new once I get it but, I am unsure of what esc to get to replace it.  I know I dont want Castle I have been waiting forever for them to warrenty my sv2 that was defective out of the box.  But I have had some good luck with LRP in my MERV and thought I would like to try to find a LRP esc that would work in my XS.  Can anyone help me out a bit with trying to find the right esc for the xs  not too sure what I need to be looking for to be honest, need someone that has some wisdom in this area lol. 

Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
iTz Nicholas72

Made more progress...

Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: fastgreen350

Called Hpi today and now instead of telling me weeks ago that the qbase esc isnt in stock, they tell me it will be april until the qbase is in stock. So I told them to send me another vapor pro. I want to sell it new once I get it but, I am unsure of what esc to get to replace it. I know I dont want Castle I have been waiting forever for them to warrenty my sv2 that was defective out of the box. But I have had some good luck with LRP in my MERV and thought I would like to try to find a LRP esc that would work in my XS. Can anyone help me out a bit with trying to find the right esc for the xs not too sure what I need to be looking for to be honest, need someone that has some wisdom in this area lol.

If you don't want castle I would go with hobbywing excellent esc's although the mamba max pro is a good choice. Here is a link to a hobbywing that would be good in the xs. I run this one on 4s in 1/8 scale buggy and it runs cool and smooth.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-80a-sd.html

Or if you want to go even cheaper but still good

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F1%5F5%5F.html
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM
fastgreen350

How does their warrenty stuff work, its cheap and I have heard good things, but I heard good things about castle too and here I am still with SV2 that I havent even used. Just would be nice to put one in the xs that is going to last more than two runs before it muffs up.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: fastgreen350

How does their warrenty stuff work, its cheap and I have heard good things, but I heard good things about castle too and here I am still with SV2 that I havent even used. Just would be nice to put one in the xs that is going to last more than two runs before it muffs up.
I can't really say how good they are on waranty I have never had to return one. I am running a mamba max in my xs right now and it's very good runs cool I grabbed it used for $40 waterproofed it and put a fan on it. It really all depends you can get a bad esc from any company my stock vapor pro esc is still working.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
fastgreen350

True true, I guess I just have bad luck with ESCs lol.  Or I can just run what HPI sends me when it gets here and see if it lasts this time, just kind a gamble though
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 AM
rologti

ORIGINAL: iTz Nicholas72

Made more progress...

Great progress....all fits ok?

Any tips or things that could be improved?

Didi you fill with any silicone oil the dif?...

I look at the stickers..seems that with the stickers you can leave it just as the case picture looks....I'm right?

you can't figuer out how anxious I'm right now...I already have the mamaba max, the castle 1410 3800kv, a 3S 5000mah lipo, spectrum DX and two servos (will test both), and some Hot racing upgrades waiting to the SS to arrive!!! [:@]

Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 AM
ts99ad

They seem to stand by there warranty but the service is less than impressive.

This will hopeflly be my last whine about HPI and there service.  I just got of the phone with the tech, the trucks that he sent out 2 weeks ago actually went out Monday.  I gave a US address and somehow they are being shipped to my Canadian address.   I will give HPI a big thank you for that one.  3 extra weeks for Delivery and a nice Customs and Duty charge when they arrive.  So maybe I will get them in the next 2 weeks and likely with a $100 customs invoice from Canada Post. 

Why can they not read the letter I sent along with the numerous e-mails with in bold block letters "PLEASE SHIP TO THIS ADDRESS ..."

Oh well, I will have them back and next time I will pay for the parts myself, it will be cheaper and less fustrating than dealing with HPI.

Cant wait to get them back, the weather is warm and I have backyard to thrash. 
Old 03-15-2012, 07:28 AM
nitro-rob

Castle's warranty is fantastic. I recommend a mamba max pro or a qbase. HPI has always been good at sending parts out. which covers most warranty needs.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:30 AM
iTz Nicholas72

ORIGINAL: rologti

Made more progress...

*removed pictures*

I look at the stickers..seems that with the stickers you can leave it just as the case picture looks....I'm right?

you can't figuer out how anxious I'm right now...I already have the mamaba max, the castle 1410 3800kv, a 3S 5000mah lipo, spectrum DX and two servos (will test both), and some Hot racing upgrades waiting to the SS to arrive!!! [:@]
Haven't had too many issues during the build other than the truck being a PITA to work on but that's not specific to the kit it's just the Savage XS itself.

Tips:
Make sure you pick up some threadlock before you start the build because HPI doesn't include any. It may seem like I'm just being picky but why include gear grease and 80wt. shock oil and no threadlock. HPI should have spent the extra fifty cents to include little tube. /rant
Also make sure to pick up some extra shims because the diff pinion gear needs a bunch. I'l get the part numbers later today/tonight.

I just used the grease that HPI included for the inside of the diffs.

Not sure what you mean on this question...

I'm probably going to get it running and run maybe 10 packs through it and then check the diffs to see how the shimming is because I'll probably have to use even more shims once the gears break in some. I'll also add some silicone diff oil but I want to drive it exactly how HPI says to set it up so I have something to base tuning changes off of.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
kc092755

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9
I put the badlands on HPI monster ss wheels. The black spoke design looks pretty nice on the truck. but they will fit on the stock rims. .....
Hi cumminspower5.9,
Which proline badlands tires you use? 2.2?
Can Iuse it doing backflip on grass or dirt?
Thanx!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: kc092755

I put the badlands on HPI monster ss wheels. The black spoke design looks pretty nice on the truck. but they will fit on the stock rims. .....
Hi cumminspower5.9,
Which proline badlands tires you use? 2.2?
Can Iuse it doing backflip on grass or dirt?
Thanx!

That is correct. The flux xs will run about any 2.2" tire/wheel combo. Just make sure to keep an eye on your temps when you run these. they have a larger outside diameter and will run your motor a few degrees warmer. oh yea and it will easily do a backflip one after another. keep an eye on your slipper pad tightness when doing that. mine came loose doing that and almost burnt up my slipper pads.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
rologti

Made more progress...

*removed pictures*

Haven't had too many issues during the build other than the truck being a PITA to work on but that's not specific to the kit it's just the Savage XS itself.

Tips:
Make sure you pick up some threadlock before you start the build because HPI doesn't include any. It may seem like I'm just being picky but why include gear grease and 80wt. shock oil and no threadlock. HPI should have spent the extra fifty cents to include little tube. /rant
Also make sure to pick up some extra shims because the diff pinion gear needs a bunch. I'l get the part numbers later today/tonight.

I'm probably going to get it running and run maybe 10 packs through it and then check the diffs to see how the shimming is because I'll probably have to use even more shims once the gears break in some. I'll also add some silicone diff oil but I want to drive it exactly how HPI says to set it up so I have something to base tuning changes off of.
Seems to me that the body doesn't need to be painted, only to cut the stickers and paste them to the body????....

About how many shims are you talking about?...could buy those in my LHS this week....

Threadlock..check (locite blue)

Thanks Nicholas
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
kc092755

That is correct. The flux xs will run about any 2.2" tire/wheel combo. Just make sure to keep an eye on your temps when you run these. they have a larger outside diameter and will run your motor a few degrees warmer. oh yea and it will easily do a backflip one after another. keep an eye on your slipper pad tightness when doing that. mine came loose doing that and almost burnt up my slipper pads.
OK, thanx again!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 AM
iTz Nicholas72

Made more progress...

*removed pictures*

Tips:

Seems to me that the body doesn't need to be painted, only to cut the stickers and paste them to the body????....

About how many shims are you talking about?...could buy those in my LHS this week....

Threadlock..check (locite blue)

Thanks Nicholas
The body comes unpainted and cut.

Here is a link to the specific shims that I used. I ended up using one of the 5x9x2mm o-ring and then (two) of the 5x10x0.2mm washers per bevel gear to get it shimmed correctly with very little back and forth play.
Here are the part links:
[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNZM4&P=7]5x10x0.2mm Washers[/link] (diff/bevel-gear/outdrive)
[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAAKN&P=7]5x9x2mm O-Rings[/link] (diff/bevel-gear/outdrive)

Here are the shims that I'm going to order to get rid of some of the play in the suspension. The rear hub carriers fit pretty good and I can probably get by without them but the front hub carriers need a few shims because the slop/play is pretty bad.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAKPD&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAKRZ&P=7

Just need to be 3mm inner diameter. When I get home from class I'll measure with my calipers to see that maximum size you could get without it being too big...
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
taberj47

so far with the 8 shock setup just waiting for new drive shaft axel i bought should be here monday or tuesday and bought badlands the dirtpaws are fun but they are to unbalanced and come off the rim to o much.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM
taberj47

heres the pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39545.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1739213  
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 AM
rokie1432

where can i get the wheelie bar for the mini savage?...
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 AM
redfisher1974

Ebay
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 AM
iTz Nicholas72

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8FxMWZlH8&hd=1[/youtube]

Quick video to show how bad the slop is.

Oh, and I'm not going to go with the Sidewinder SCT combo I'm going to spend the extra $50 and get the MMP because I keep hearing of people having issue with the Sidewinder overheating with the SCT motor in anything more than a 2WD SCT.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM
redfisher1974

I like a bit of slop, Makes it handle better...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.