Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

.40 hydro is going to be a fun class next year. And it looks like .40 tunnel might be coming back! Lynn has a very nice LeeCraft with mod 7.5cc K&B. He says he has another in the works as well!

I'm going to start working on the drivers stand as soon as the weather allows it. A second stairs will be added with the added 16 foot length.

I'm almost done with the analog clock. Once the mechanics are working I will put it aside and start working on the JAE 45 again.

I mentioned I bought a transit at the meeting. This will be used so that our course is setup nice and straight. It will be used for the timing lights as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM
advanced builder

I sent out this memo to T&C
Yes it was good to see all the old gang ,we got plenty done. Yes we need to talk on how to launch a hull at SP as the driver needs to get up them stairs ,and in the front of the drivers stand ,then the launcher needs to look up ,get eye contact then LOOK back at buoy 6 for any boats coming his way. Our launch is unique as we have stairs to get get up @ every race. we need to talk about this. And of course how to properly bring in a hull. Some one launched me when I was 1/2 way up the stairs this past summer
Just saying
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I sent out this memo to T&C
Yes it was good to see all the old gang ,we got plenty done. Yes we need to talk on how to launch a hull at SP as the driver needs to get up them stairs ,and in the front of the drivers stand ,then the launcher needs to look up ,get eye contact then LOOK back at buoy 6 for any boats coming his way. Our launch is unique as we have stairs to get get up @ every race. we need to talk about this. And of course how to properly bring in a hull. Some one launched me when I was 1/2 way up the stairs this past summer
Just saying
Very good point Neil!

Warmer weather coming this week! [8D]
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good points about communication with the driver.

Please email me these tidbits and I will be sure to include them...

Joe
Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My lift not running tonight,got a call before I picked up tools at floor replacement job!! the Mtn.supervisors are pretty cool,letting me start late so I can get a full day at customers work sites.. I am tearing out a 28'x38' greatroom floor,joist's and all.. And replacing with grade a 2x12x16' joists so we can sopport a tile floor.. big job then a new set of stairs will finish job off!! Its for the president of our flying club,his greatroom is the same sq.ft. as our whole house.....He is also interested in the boats,as I cant stop talking about them and our club!!! Possible new member!! SO I GET TO WORK ON BOATS ALL NIGHT!!!!
Craig, keep in touch I will be there to help with drivers stand.... And I thought it was common sence to get the nod from driver to toss in boat!!??!! but good point!! A good refresher will not hurt any of us,good idea!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Billk44

This should help with cabin fever (www.intlwaters.com/index.php). CMB and the venerable Crapshooter hulls..........................

I miss nitro riggers, but not enough to go back.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 AM
waltk

That always helps!Very cool.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 AM
advanced builder

That's what I'm talking about. Bill I do have a extra cowl via you It's for a 45 AB hull but fits the JAE with some cutting I just need to attach it to the hull somehow. When you sold me the hull the 3 spare cowls came with it. Here is my .67 AB SGX And we have several that race-em Chasing Scott for 3 years has to stop. I need to work on "the start" with the clock more. If you hit the start just right you win most of the time. Now I'll have to chase you with the new gas SGX You may find out Nitro is faster. I do need more running/testing time with this hull. The last race of the season, was fast fun. If we add a new 40 hydro class that means 1 more hull to run. I kinda like the 3-4 hull weekend. Any more and it's not fun anymore. It's work. one little break down and your messed up. I kinda like goofing off
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58263.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1838141  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Billk44

That's what I'm talking about. Bill I do have a extra cowl via you It's for a 45 AB hull but fits the JAE with some cutting I just need to attach it to the hull somehow. When you sold me the hull the 3 spare cowls came with it. Here is my .67 AB SGX And we have several that race-em Chasing Scott for 3 years has to stop. I need to work on "the start" with the clock more. If you hit the start just right you win most of the time. Now I'll have to chase you with the new gas SGX You may find out Nitro is faster. I do need more running/testing time with this hull. The last race of the season, was fast fun. If we add a new 40 hydro class that means 1 more hull to run. I kinda like the 3-4 hull weekend. Any more and it's not fun anymore. It's work. one little break down and your messed up. I kinda like goofing off
Your 67 is faster than Scott's. Learn to slow down (this one will); don't give away the start; stay consistent on the needle (this has a coarse high flow), and; hold your lane. Now, your 45 SGX is different since it is running high timing. Watch you don't load the engine/pipe when slowing down.

Who else is running 67 rigger?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Blackout

We now have a forum of our own to discuss private club issues.

You can also post pictures of your boats and builds so others become familiar with what you are racing this year. This is done in the general discussion that everyone will be able to see. There is a "Stony Pond Members Only" section that is for paid members only. If you are a 2012 paid member you can still join the forum and not pay your 2013 dues until our first test and tune. It's up to you.

I will be adding a link to the forum from our website as well.

We still need to be active here so that we can bring in new members.

www.stonypond.boards.net

Let me know if you have any ideas to rearrange or add/delete board topics and catagories. I just pulled the topics out of my *****....
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Canadian LoCo

Craig have you seen our forums they may give you an idea to setup yours if you wish
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/index/

BTW Nice to see you got one up good job Mister.
Luc
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Blackout

Thanks Luc!

Guys and Gals, it's probably best to use your real name when registering on our new forum.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
advanced builder

Goodby RCU were moving
Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Blackout

There is now a forum link at

www.stonypond.net
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Proboat 772

Tom & Cindy,

Thanks for sending the Stony Pond meeting minutes out..

Looks like a lot got done in setting up the Club.

Dick T
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Billk44

That's what I'm talking about. Bill I do have a extra cowl via you It's for a 45 AB hull but fits the JAE with some cutting I just need to attach it to the hull somehow. When you sold me the hull the 3 spare cowls came with it. Here is my .67 AB SGX And we have several that race-em Chasing Scott for 3 years has to stop. I need to work on ''the start'' with the clock more. If you hit the start just right you win most of the time. Now I'll have to chase you with the new gas SGX You may find out Nitro is faster. I do need more running/testing time with this hull. The last race of the season, was fast fun. If we add a new 40 hydro class that means 1 more hull to run. I kinda like the 3-4 hull weekend. Any more and it's not fun anymore. It's work. one little break down and your messed up. I kinda like goofing off
Your 67 is faster than Scott's. Learn to slow down (this one will); don't give away the start; stay consistent on the needle (this has a coarse high flow), and; hold your lane. Now, your 45 SGX is different since it is running high timing. Watch you don't load the engine/pipe when slowing down.

Who else is running 67 rigger?
It will take a few testing runs to see just how much I can come off pipe. Without stalling The 45 I have 2 different setups with 2 different hulls When I test both hulls together. Both will have CMB engines Is it spring yet
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
parshallboatworks

TGIF.................... Exhausted............NUFF SAID....
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
advanced builder

Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Canadian LoCo

Holy close up pic of the Z Man[&:]
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 PM
advanced builder

D1:
He's got the eye of a eagle. A very good eye for the running setups. So we got "Eagle Eye Zip " or MC-ZIP JP needs some flash like Joe flash Petro. gotta find a handle for the eagle.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Canadian LoCo

Joe flash Petro good 1
you not sleeping yet.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Joe flash Petro good 1
you not sleeping yet.
lol... I'm not sleeping yet either, waiting for a JAE.45 to pop out of the toaster...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Canadian LoCo

LOL ohh man I hate the winter months since I dont work to much at this time of year I get
all buged up with my sleep up all night sleep all day frigggggg lol
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

LOL ohh man I hate the winter months since I dont work to much at this time of year I get
all buged up with my sleep up all night sleep all day frigggggg lol
Usually winter months I work at local ski resort and kick back because my self employment dies off.....this year i have a bunch of woodworking,plus sun-thurs. 2:30-10:30 at Bristol Mtn. And now i also have at least 6 racer builds to do.... I guess i can sleep when I am dead!!!!I have allways been a night owl anyways...
Rick the toaster

Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Canadian LoCo

Ohhh I wish that i was busy doing something that would make the winter go a bit faster
having not to much to do makes for a long crapy winter and it sucks.
ohh well spring will be here soon I HOPE LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.