Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

funny thing is my wife showed me that one... lol
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Tobtech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may piss some off because everyone says it, but for some reason it bugs me; referring to driving your RC car as "running", ie, "I run an SC10" or "I usually run at XYZ track". I usually run at the RC track too when I am turn marshalling but when I am on the driver's stand I am driving my car.

The term "noob" bugs me too. I don't really know why either, it just sounds stupid.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: Tobtech

This may piss some off because everyone says it, but for some reason it bugs me; referring to driving your RC car as "running", ie, "I run an SC10" or "I usually run at XYZ track". I usually run at the RC track too when I am turn marshalling but when I am on the driver's stand I am driving my car.

The term "noob" bugs me too. I don't really know why either, it just sounds stupid.

watch the first 5 seconds of this "running video"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYx5CppDRaw

"run, running" doesn't bother me much but I have noticed "noobs (your other pet peeve) don't normally say run or running when referring to driving the rc

Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Argess

Here's a pet peeve that I forgot about until I was reminded about it due to a recent thread:

You have a RC problem. You do a Search and wind up disappointed as even though you manage to find a thread or two with the exact same problem, the OP never posted back on what the end result was.

So please post the end results to problems you post once the issue has been resolved.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But suppose its never been resolved?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 AM
turok007

ORIGINAL: Argess

Here's a pet peeve that I forgot about until I was reminded about it due to a recent thread:

You have a RC problem. You do a Search and wind up disappointed as even though you manage to find a thread or two with the exact same problem, the OP never posted back on what the end result was.

So please post the end results to problems you post once the issue has been resolved.

some people get embarrassed that it was a simple fix so they don't want to say anything more.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Eman77

Peeve: Nitro vs. Electric debates
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Peeve: Nitro vs. Electric debates
Those who think they win the debate by saying - "I own nitros, they're better, 'cause I said so - na, na, na-na-na"

Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RickWho?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
The Hedgehog

Ricky Woo-San
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
nitroexpress

Those who think they win the debate by saying - "I own electric,they're better, 'cause I said so - na, na, na-na-na "

Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
kaycerc

Those that use the terms nitro, mister, or man in their self-chosen screen name because they think it makes them sound bad*****.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Ttowntoolman

Isn't Colorado one of the places that they legalized recreational use in the USA.......man? Sorry maybe off topic......just sayin
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
kaycerc

Isn't Wisconsin one of the places that they legalized recreational use of cheese in the USA.......man? Sorry if it's too personal......just sayin
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
ejc34710

Been here a day and already making alot of friends huh ricky.... How is Bubbles and Julian?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Been here a day and already making alot of friends huh ricky.... How is Bubbles and Julian?

Really don't know, why don't you ask your mom...........

I have real friends, don't need any online pretend ones.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: JohnMoh

Pretty much anything added to a car for asthetics only that didn't come stock. Lights are the worst.

LOL........ anybody that thinks RCs should remain "stock," like they bought them pre-assembled and ready to run.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

ANOTHER PET PEEVE IS WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN CAPTITAL'S, IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE SCREAMING
Sorry, but I didn't hear any SOUND at all.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

What about the posts where the title is "Need help" and the post just says "Broke a part, can someone help me identify/find it?" You've got to be kidding me!

I agree - or the ones that say, "I was running my car and it just quit. Why is that?"

Or what really gets me are the ones that claim they were "Just driving their car, no bumps or jumps, and it just broke. And it's brand new, I've only had it two weeks. What a POS!"
Old 01-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

post hores
Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: RickWoo

What about the posts where the title is ''Need help'' and the post just says ''Broke a part, can someone help me identify/find it?'' You've got to be kidding me!
[img][/img]

I agree - or the ones that say, ''I was running my car and it just quit. Why is that?''

Or what really gets me are the ones that claim they were ''Just driving their car, no bumps or jumps, and it just broke. And it's brand new, I've only had it two weeks. What a POS!''
in some cases that is true as I owned a Brama 10b that was driven purely on level concrete that the chassis broke due to the torque of the stock motor(I have pics of it and how the cracks originated from the motor mount screws) somewhere within the 1st 5 mins. Replaced the chassis, and it did it again. Threw it in garbage after.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

My Peeves,

Nitro vs. Electric threads
Kit vs. ARF threads
What makes me whine threads

Oh, and of course being told..."You didn't build that!"

Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 PM
phmaximus

What about the posts where the title is ''Need help'' and the post just says ''Broke a part, can someone help me identify/find it?'' You've got to be kidding me!
[img][/img]

I agree - or the ones that say, ''I was running my car and it just quit. Why is that?''

Or what really gets me are the ones that claim they were ''Just driving their car, no bumps or jumps, and it just broke. And it's brand new, I've only had it two weeks. What a POS!''
So u saying u have never had a rtr? U will change ur mind when u get one built on Friday or Monday morning
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

[img][/img]

So u saying u have never had a rtr? U will change ur mind when u get one built on Friday or Monday morning
Would you mind trying again, but in regular English next time?

Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

[img][/img]

Would you mind trying again, but in regular English next time?
Rick, I'm confident I will trigger your wrath with this response, but please bear with me. Close to 1/2 of your posts thus far on this forum have been extremely argumentive and in all candor, "troll-like". As I filter through them, you seem to understand "the hobby", and that is great (we want people like you!). I for one would like to welcome you to the forum. It seems you never received a proper welcome. ;-)

We all know that Internet forums like this can sometimes bring out the worst in people. i.e. "Who the hell is this no-name person who doesn't even know me to call me out??" I am guilty of it myself, although I try to pick my battles.

Let's start over here, are you game?. Are you here to join this forum and indulge in constructive conversation with respect to "the hobby", or do you want to ****-stir? I personally am giving you the benefit of the doubt (I've had no quarrels with you) and feel it is the former. I really think you'll find that a lot of folks on hear are extremely well-intended, and don't see how it can be in your (or anyone's) interest to make a slew of enemiesright off the bat. As noted, we all get our ire up when we feel attacked, but none of us really know one another, and if we all met in person I'm confident it would be a different, morepositiveconversaton (as least I'd hope so).

Take my advice, or not. You seem intelligent enough to figure it out. I for one would like to see you become a constructive member of thisforum as you seem to have a lot to offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.