Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Sail for Kyosho Sea Dolphin 770, please help me!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Sail for Kyosho Sea Dolphin 770, please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Beta101
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail for Kyosho Sea Dolphin 770, please help me!

Hi all! days ago I bought on Ebay, Kyosho Seadolphin a sailboat, the biggest problem is that the kit came incomplete, and now I have not got the sail, some of you could help me?, some of you have any new or used sails that can sell me, or anyone has any idea how to make a sail? Thanks to anyone who can help me!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM
RodCarr

Default RE: Sail for Kyosho Sea Dolphin 770, please help me!

I have the sail plan for the Kyosho SEA Dolphin that shows a 36.25" mainsail luff, and a 12.875" foot. Mainsail is connected to mast using mast loops. Jib has a 29.5" luff and 11.875" foot. I'd recommend that the sails be made out of TriSpi 40 mylar. For further details contact me off list.

I have a very large database of sail plan info, including most of the new one meter size boats that are recently appearing. Without a sail plan I can work from the kit sails if available to produce what is required.

Rod Carr
CARR SAILS
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Beta101

Mr, Carr thank you very much for all the info, I've read the good work and the quality of their sails, the only problem for me is the price, and really the price of 120 dollars leaking out of my pocket at the moment. Thank you very much for your help!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Beta101

You can by a new set of original factory sails fromKyosho America at this link: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Sail-Se...II_p_1907.html

Sail Set (SEADOLPHIN770 II) Part NumberDL111 for $30.00 plus tax and shipping
They are located in Lake Forest California

When buying things like this boat on E-bay or other on line stores, you have to be sure of what is being offered. Read the sellers description, ask for better pictures and if the description is not clear ask the seller questions and get written responses to your questions, so if you have legitimate complaint you have documentation your position to support your claim. E-bay and Pay Pal can be a big help to you if you learn how things work there.
Rodd Carr is an outstanding sailmaker and well regarded in the RC sailing community. He is a good guy that tries to help those of us involved in this really great past time as much as possible!

Good luck - enjoy your new boat.

Boomer
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Beta101

Boomer1:

Thank you very much for this information, last week I was looking for this information on the website of Kyosho and the sails were not in stock, and there just saw the sails are for sale! I am going to order right now, thank you very much for all your help! a big hug!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Hug not necessary. Glad to help!
Boomer
Old 12-27-2021, 06:32 PM
Barb3936

Default How to turn on the seadolpin 770 bought a used one for my husband and don't have a ma

Originally Posted by boomer1
Boomer
bought my husband a used seadolpin 770 and we don't have a manual how do you turn it on
Old 12-27-2021, 06:37 PM
Barb3936

Default N

Originally Posted by boomer1
Boomer
Need operator manual for sea dolphin 770
We have rc for the yatch Is there an on switch on the yatch to connect to the remote

Last edited by Barb3936; 12-27-2021 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2021, 01:40 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Kyosho do have some .pdf manuals to download, sadly I didn't see one for the sea dolphin 770. Given its age, perhaps not a surprise. The general setup and sailing technique will be very similar to theFairwind, which does have a .pdf available. A few sites seen selling manuals from a brief google search.
On most yachts of this type the switch will be under the hatch, possibly on a mounting plate or hanging in the wiring loom between the battery and the radio receiver.
A google for "kyosho sea dolphin 770" should turn up a few videos carrying useful information.
Any yacht is intended to sail in wind - wind on water creates waves and the yacht tends to lean over. This tends to put water on the deck. Since water and electric bits don't react well together, things like switches are well separated from the outside. Toy yachts with visible switches rarely last more that the first sailing session.

Last edited by mfr02; 12-29-2021 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-29-2021, 03:25 AM
thomas.armstrong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barb3936
bought my husband a used seadolpin 770 and we don't have a manual how do you turn it on
The manual is available for download here: http://www.allradiosailboats.com/design/seaDolphin
Old 12-30-2021, 01:53 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for that
40904_seadolphin770_m.pdf
Excellent instructions, good tips, a bit dated because model boat hardware has moved on over the years. If the original builder built it according to the instructions, all questions should be answered. OTOH, I've had a few second hand yachts where the original owner didn't, and it was a case of reading the instruction book and following it. Ands, of course, some instances where the instructions could stand improving.