Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

10th scale buggy big block conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
arless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10th scale buggy big block conversion!

If you have the guts to build a real sick screamer, with a 3 bhp big block with a wet weight of less than 5 lbs, you get the picture. I took a new cheap, cheap, Redcat 10th scale Tornado S30 buggy, tossed the engine and droped a brand new Dynamite Mach .26 big block with a turbo head upgrade in the new 10th scale chassis. The conversion was not a kit, there is no kit for a big block outlaw engine in a 10th scale buggy. I used almost all the small block parts to convert the engine. Only parts needed are a drill and small drill bits, Tuned header and muffler that is desined to installed on the passenger side of the buggy. A dynamitesocket type throttle arm for the slide carburettor, and a 3 pad clutch, is all that is needed to build this kit. The small block 2 speed clutch bell fits, and is made of light aluminum instead of the stock heavy steel clutch bell. Nothing breaks on the buggy, it will hold all the unstopable power. Wheelies in second gear? you bet! Burn the four wheel drive tires up? yep, if you want to.run 75 - 80 + mph with stock gears maybe even more speed? The fastest RC I have ever had by far. I race and bash this buggy with my best friend, my wife and her Exceed 10th scale buggy, On the school parking lot behind our house, over a 100 yards to race with plenty of run off room to stop.

All the best arless