Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

fly eagle jet lead time

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

fly eagle jet lead time

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 PM
jamesef91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fly eagle jet lead time

Just wondering if anyone has recently received a jet from fly eagle, and if so when the order was placed. I place an order in early November and am trying to determine if my "winter project" is going to happen or if I need to make different plans.
My apologies in advance if this ends up in the wrong place. My first.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

Default RE: fly eagle jet lead time

Well... I ordered a fej f15 1/7 twin around the second week of December... Still waiting.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Hate to rain on your parade but I ordered a jet back in August and just received it in late Janurary. 5 month's wait time. That's 20 weeks...

They did or are in the process of moving to a new facility to be able to increase turn around time. Don't know if that has happened yet.

I had issues with the jet when I got it, but James worked with me to take care of these issues.

If I were to order another jet from FEJ, I would definately have to get in writing that the 7-8 week wait time I was told would be adhered to or the right to cancel for a full refund or a reduction of the price would be the option of the customer.

Being a contractor dealing with contracts every day, there are clauses which state a dead line/time frame where work needs to be done by or a penalty would acrue for each day after that dead line.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my first and only FEJ plane spring of last year and got it in roughly 8-10 weeks. Perhaps the factory move and Chinese New Year holiday has impacted deliveries.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: dubd

Perhaps the factory move and Chinese New Year holiday has impacted deliveries.
That would be true if you ordered around that time.

Mine went in 4-5 month's before that time...
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

The move has caused expected delays, but on average i would say 4 months. They are very busy and since they do lots of custom schemes.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 AM
molo_30

I used to make every excuse for them under the sun. Ultimately, that was 2008 and it is still happening.

I'm not sure that getting anything in writing from them is going to make any difference. Good luck trying to enforce that.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:22 AM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

I ordered a F-15 the first week of October 2012
I got it the day after Christmas. A box a day for 3 days.
Very nice model and was delivered in perfect condition.
Would I ever order another jet......... NO WAY,I don't have the patiences and most of the hardware was not included or missing.........
It would be nice if the company contacted you and let you no about the progress of you model. I got nothing.
We send out a lot of money and if we or I didn't contact them,,, we wouldn't no a think.
Again,,,, I would NEVER order another jet. I will wait for someone on RCU to sell model. Seems to be a lot of nice jets on this forum.

That's my 2 cents

Hoss
Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 AM
franboe

Hello
I orderd mine on the 1 of oktober 2012 with a ship date of 7-8 weeks after payment,
i still have not got the plane, and it should have been her around desember 2012.
Mvh
FrankB
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Over the last 4 years, i have ordered and rec'd all airframes for myself and others I build for in 8-9 weeks max. Yes, this is a unusual thing regarding their delays but with the move to a larger factory done at the end of the year and right before the Chinese New Year...it compounded the issue.

The good news is, their move will allow them to "stock" unpainted airframes in their more popular ones. This is something lots of people have asked for on these forums to cut lead times down. This was one of the many reasons they made this move. If you think about it, FEJ has made a point to meet a lot of our needs...shorter lead times on orders, continued adding more BIG military airframes, custom paint schemes at little to no extra cost, longer and stronger test periods on new products...and now the ability to forward stock the more popular airframes. They are even using US grade Aircraft Alum for their Landing Gear!!!

Inasmuch as 20 weeks is a long time, especially when they typically take 8-9...I think it will be worth the wait.

Rex
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Offer to make a deposit and upon completion of the jet with photos the full payment would be rendered. When you pay in full upfront, they have nothing to work towards because they already have your money. I will stick with RCU Classified, you can find some really nice models in new to excellent condition, with normal delivery wait time. You can also think about attending some of the jet events where lots of nice jets are sold, pay and grab!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

I just received my 3rd jet from FEJ.  The first 2 took 7 week exactly what James quoted.  The one I just received too a little extra time due to the factory upgrade, I'm sure they will be back to 7 weeks or less.  Contact James or Wrex for the missing parts, I'm sure u will get them soon.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

Offer to make a deposit and upon completion of the jet with photos the full payment would be rendered. When you pay in full upfront, they have nothing to work towards because they already have your money. I will stick with RCU Classified, you can find some really nice models in new to excellent condition, with normal delivery wait time. You can also think about attending some of the jet events where lots of nice jets are sold, pay and grab!
I think a deposit is a good idea. But I still wouldn't pay it all upon shipping either. What if the plane gets destroyed in shipment? Shipping companies re-imburse the shipper, not the customer. And that cannot be changed.
What if the manufacturer sends the wrong fuel tanks? What if they don't send all the parts? Then you have a $10,000+ project on hold for an undetermined amount of time! Who needs that?

I'd much rather buy a slightly used jet on RCU for 30% off, than go through the hassles, delays, bs, and frustrations of buying it new. I prefer to let someone else deal with that nonsense.
Like Jetfan20, I bring cash to jet events.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

FEJ requires 50% deposit. Upon completion, if you ask, they will send photos (even a walk around video) prior to shipping. They ship when you pay your balance. They use DHL which is 3 maybe 4 days max to get to you, depending on Customs. This is a very reasonable and business-like way to transact this type of purchase, IMO.

It's not really up to us as a consumer to "offer" anything to a manufacturer or retailer. They have payment structures that are not really negotiable. BVM has theirs, Home Depot has theirs, Best Buy has theirs. I ordered shutters from Home Depot...had to pay in full up front...12 weeks later, I received the wrong sizes. 12 weeks more...got the right ones. No concessions from them at all!

Oh yea...they came from Honduras!

Rex

Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Rex this must be something new? I have had to pay upfront on all 3 of my orders. I really hope they do start keeping stuff in stock, that way you just pick the scheme and within a couple of weeks it shows up.
ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

FEJ requires 50% deposit. Upon completion, if you ask, they will send photos (even a walk around video) prior to shipping. They ship when you pay your balance. They use DHL which is 3 maybe 4 days max to get to you, depending on Customs. This is a very reasonable and business-like way to transact this type of purchase, IMO.

It's not really up to us as a consumer to ''offer'' anything to a manufacturer or retailer. They have payment structures that are not really negotiable. BVM has theirs, Home Depot has theirs, Best Buy has theirs. I ordered shutters from Home Depot...had to pay in full up front...12 weeks later, I received the wrong sizes. 12 weeks more...got the right ones. No concessions from them at all!

Oh yea...they came from Honduras!

Rex

Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: kingair41

Hate to rain on your parade but I ordered a jet back in August and just received it in late Janurary. 5 month's wait time. That's 20 weeks...

They did or are in the process of moving to a new facility to be able to increase turn around time. Don't know if that has happened yet.

I had issues with the jet when I got it, but James worked with me to take care of these issues.

If I were to order another jet from FEJ, I would definately have to get in writing that the 7-8 week wait time I was told would be adhered to or the right to cancel for a full refund or a reduction of the price would be the option of the customer.

Being a contractor dealing with contracts every day, there are clauses which state a dead line/time frame where work needs to be done by or a penalty would acrue for each day after that dead line.
Good luck with that idea. I waited seven months for a pair of replacement wings. When they came they were broken, not to the physical spec agreed and not to the correct colour scheme to match my model. If this happened to one of my clients I would be in a hurry to put it right for them, wouldn't you.
John
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 AM
FLY EAGLE JET

Dear All:
We are sorry for order delays as the orders are getting more and more. Therefore, we have made a new factory since March 2012. Now, the new factory is ready and start producing models for all orders. As gettting more orders, so we decide to keep old factory and continue produceing models. Also, we can keep developing new models at the same time too. (New factory will have around 100 workers, old factor will have 40-50)
Our goal is to make more popular models (popular color) with inventory or some popular models (unpainted), This way, customers can choose models from inventory, then pay it and we ship it. Also if wanting a custom paint or we do not have right color in stock, customers won't have longer waiting time anymore. This will be availabe in a short time.
Thanks

Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Great news!!! you will out sell every other mfg if you have an inventory in stock ready to ship. We (modelers) are impulse buyers for sure
Vin...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

+1
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Chris Pyrah

For what its worth I ordered some parts for a Flyeagle jet direct from the factory. I sent an email asking if they could supply the parts , I received an answer within a couple of hours .Flyeagle then sent me a picture of the parts to see if they were the correct ones.The next day I replied saying they were correct .they sent a total plus shipping ,I sent payment via paypal .Next day I was told they were shipping the parts by DHL.They sent parts Wednesday They arrived on my doorstep Friday lunchtime 3 DAYS Shipping from China to the UK.I reckon that's Bloody Brilliant.The fact that Flyeagle have posted a reply on this thread means they do take note of the situation and are trying to improve things. 20 weeks is not good though.Thanks Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54369.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1856207  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Pepperpete

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

+1

+2
Old 03-02-2013, 02:51 AM
molo_30

Yeh I wouldn't get too excited. Heard it all back in 08-09. New factory isn't going to help if QC is still up the creek.