Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Should we move to RC Groups?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Should we move to RC Groups?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:19 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should we move to RC Groups?

I've seen some tank guys get tanked enough to do some 3D moves with their Pattons!
ORIGINAL: chris923

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

Yes, MOVE! Take a couple ofhandful of whinners with you please. Free listings, no fees and all the wah wah?
+1

RCU's buy/sell is the best.... unless you are into 3d or electric ( the other sites cater to these) RCU is the best for warbirds and all RC in general.

Even with the problems from time to time, it's still the best.

Chris923
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM
cordell staker

I have always been a happy fan of RCU. Many questions answered and problems solved. Considering the amount of money I have spent in the RC hobby/sport, and the lack of support from some of the major product outlets I consider RCU best amoung RC info resources...and that largely to forums, product info, and comparisons.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46339.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1858831  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The fact that we have been able to discuss the issues with RCU and the potential of moving says a lot about how decent this forum really is. I have been on other forums that kill threads like this immediately, and even have been “banned for life†from one site for asking policy questions (politely) without any warning. Since we are at three pages already and have had nothing but supportive explanations from moderators, I would say RCU is pretty darn decent...

Besides, it feels sort of like home.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: chadxp1

Since we are talking about some of the short comings of the site I wanted to ask if anyone has the same problem I have when trying to search.
I dont know what board to post this in. Anothe site I go to, HeliFreak has forum just for these types of threads. I really like Helifreaks site layout. hint hint. I like RCU too!

Anyway when I try and search for something I always get the forumid:226 thingy????

Well I was going to post a screen shot but it would not work. Something about fake path?? go figure

I have two tips for you guys who like to search the forums. The first one is: Don't use the RCU search at all! Sad, but true. Once again this problem was caused by the big implosion a couple of years ago. At that time, they were trying to develop a new type of search engine, and went live with the BETA version that you see when you hit search. It never has worked properly, and I can only assume that given the other problems at the time, this was one of those things that was selected not to be fixed until the big update. So...

Solution 1: After hitting the search button, look up for the link that says 'Old Search', it works a lot better than the new.

Solution 2: And my preferred choice usually...use google to search within the site (this works for any website too!). When you type your search, just add at the beginning site:[sitename], then a space, then whatever you want to search for.

[link=https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:rcuniverse.com+hello&oq=site:rcuniverse.com+hello]Click me for an example...[/link]

Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks Foxy, the example is very easy to use!!!![8D]
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM
chadxp1
My Feedback: (2)

Foxy, that is a great tip for searching. I did not know about the google search. A work around for the forumid:226 problem I mentioned is to backspace over the forumid:226 text while leaving what I originally searched for in the bar and then hit enter. The search works this way.

I must clarify that I really like RCU and dont plan on moving. Constructive critisism is a good thing. I enjoy the people whom contribute here.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

RCKen,
Uploading pictures might be part of the problem here, but what is going on with administration? I have deposited $50 and it has long since cleared PayPal...and yet every time I try to post an ad I get the message that I will be unable to post an ad until my $2.15 bill is paid. I've paid the bill, emailed the accounts manager, emailed a moderator, emailed another moderator....problem still there, and not even a response from anyone representing RCU. I'm not here to wine about the site as some ignorant people have suggested in this thread...I really like the site and would like to continue using it, but it is becoming increasingly less useful for me. [:@]
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: DISCUS54

RCKen,
Uploading pictures might be part of the problem here, but what is going on with administration? I have deposited $50 and it has long since cleared PayPal...and yet every time I try to post an ad I get the message that I will be unable to post an ad until my $2.15 bill is paid. I've paid the bill, emailed the accounts manager, emailed a moderator, emailed another moderator....problem still there, and not even a response from anyone representing RCU. I'm not here to wine about the site as some ignorant people have suggested in this thread...I really like the site and would like to continue using it, but it is becoming increasingly less useful for me. [:@]
I've made a post in the moderators private forum referring to this post and asking someone to get in touch. You can expect someone to contact you about it. If you hear nothing in the 48 hours following this post, please let me know via pm. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

RCKen,
I have passed on your issue to the Administrator who takes care of these sorts of matters. He normally takes care of issues on the same day he gets them. But like Foxy said, if you don't hear anything in 48 hours please PM me directly and we'll see what else we can do to take care of the matter.

Ken

Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RCKen,
When you posted your Paypal payment, did you click the "Click here to return to RCUniverse" link after submitting the payment? You MUST click that link in order for your account to be updated appropriately.

If you would please PM me the date and transaction ID of your Paypal payment, I will be sure it is reflected in your RCU account.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

Thanks for the quick response Foxy, RCKen, and JWN. I don't recall whether I used the "return to RCU" link or not from the PP site. That would seem like the most logical explanation of why it didn't post. John, I will get that information over to you...thanks.[X(]
Old 03-10-2013, 02:03 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think overall, the site does OK and covers a lot of ground. Lots of info from people that are well versed in certain tanks or history of a specific AFV and help, advice or suggestions nearly always there. .

I have however given up on advertizing any tank for sale, due to the lack of tank catagory and not willing to wade through every possible RC flying or race car model to find one . Many who have something for sale have avoided this by mentioning it and requesting a PM...it works.

We could use a breakdown link on searches by era , country or tech how-to. Otherwise leave as is.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 AM
kclank

My thought would be no. no forum is perfect but i believe we have done a pretty good job of handling flamers and con artists. The wealth of knowledge shared here is as good as any i have seen before on similar forums. I have been in a couple of RC Groups sites and they get a lot of spam bombardments.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Barrymartin

The trouble of upload multiple pictures was over 2 years ago, My only issue with this forum is it's a mess to go through things.But in other hand i got here solution of every rc car problem.....
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM
STO_118

The forum has had its issues, the most annoying for me was it screwing up the post formatting and throwing up walls of text. Seems stable of late. The other forum is very quiet.

January-February was really busy for us, March has died a death. Our sales have consistently improved every month since we started, perhaps they haven't increased this month which is why I think it is quiet. The type of sales have changed though and we will be adapting to suit. I also want to get international shipping sorted out, although I think I have figured out, or at least suspect the root cause of delivery delays from the UK.
The other problem with the RC Tank market is product duplication, too many manufacturers are producing products that are similar to items on the market or being released by another company.