Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

open your mind to the possibility that it may not be a "universal" must. All of the YA products i have had that utilized a full flying stab (both F-18's, F-15, F-16) have never required static balancing and they flew great!
Of course they do. All the Skymasters too. And the list goes on and on, they all fly great!! Not so with this Tomcat, and I try to tell that it might not have flown great with the knowledge many factorys have today, not even with the AMA calculation (they need static too)

But I gave an example on how things can be without knowing it, and they still fly great!..
I guess few was expecting that? And this is how all the models are!! They fly great, but it`s thanks to the monster-servos we have. Put an weak analogue in you plane, why won`t you? You could if it was perfectly balanced...purely as a test of course, but it would work.
And 99 % of us won`t ever have to find the exact pivot point, because 99 % of us are not scratchbuilders, a tiny 1% is, and I know it is not a problem for them.
So it`s up to the factorys that provide us the models, right? And now my point is pinpointed: When the factorys can`t provide us perfectly balanced models, WE MUST DO IT OURSELVES, balance it..
This Tomcat in this thread would be smooth as ice-cream.
But it`s too late..
Give your servos a healty life, balance your plane, eliminate the demon.

All of you aware of the world record for sailplanes? 500 miles, or close to 800 km/h..
How is it possible!!?

Static ballance is the answer.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Falcon 64

I`m waiting and waiting and waiting for my big F-16 from FEJ.
Ali showed us it`s close to perfect, remember?
But does it need balance?
Yes, it does, like "every" other model out there.

And it should be done at the factory, so I don`t have to..
Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Scott Douglas

Wow,

Just read on the FEJ website....

We deeply feel sorry about the F14 wend down in California. We have put the jet model safety on top priority in these years and have spared effort to study advanced technology. We do feel very sorry for the F14 crash, which currently posed danger and threat to our factory. As to such side effects, our factory will never and ever accept anyone who gained personal benefits by means of threat. We sincerely accept all the suggestions and advices from you and would like to show our willingness to assist the clients who need our help. The case is under examine and inspection, will help the client to find the answer and re-build one.
I'm recovering from a serious illness and looking to get back into jets after a lay off due to other family issues... I need something to build while I'm sitting at home SWMBO says I can have a new toy, won't be from FEJ by the looks of things [:@]
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: Falcon 64

open your mind to the possibility that it may not be a ''universal'' must. All of the YA products i have had that utilized a full flying stab (both F-18's, F-15, F-16) have never required static balancing and they flew great!
Of course they do. All the Skymasters too. And the list goes on and on, they all fly great!! Not so with this Tomcat, and I try to tell that it might not have flown great with the knowledge many factorys have today, not even with the AMA calculation (they need static too)

But I gave an example on how things can be without knowing it, and they still fly great!..
I guess few was expecting that? And this is how all the models are!! They fly great, but it`s thanks to the monster-servos we have. Put an weak analogue in you plane, why won`t you? You could if it was perfectly balanced...purely as a test of course, but it would work.
And 99 % of us won`t ever have to find the exact pivot point, because 99 % of us are not scratchbuilders, a tiny 1% is, and I know it is not a problem for them.
So it`s up to the factorys that provide us the models, right? And now my point is pinpointed: When the factorys can`t provide us perfectly balanced models, WE MUST DO IT OURSELVES, balance it..
This Tomcat in this thread would be smooth as ice-cream.
But it`s too late..
Give your servos a healty life, balance your plane, eliminate the demon.

All of you aware of the world record for sailplanes? 500 miles, or close to 800 km/h..
How is it possible!!?

Static ballance is the answer.

All of the YA models i had had "weak analog servos" on the stabilators. No problems at all. It seems you may be a bit closed minded thinking that it is a must to static balance all stabilators.

Show the proof in writing, not just what you say is "truth". I have yet to see anyone post any respectable material that says All stabilators must be static balanced.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

I'll do a similar test later today and demonstrate my problems with your test. Now, I'm a professional actor, so expect a little bit of theatre!
Now that I want to see! Are you going to use the ''Chewbacca Defense''?

Jim

I had to go look that up. Glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time. Too, too funny. But yes, to answer your question, you pretty much have to use that defense to arrive at some of these universal conclusions while totally sidestepping all of the real-world examples I keep asking about.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`m waiting and waiting and waiting for my big F-16 from FEJ.
Ali showed us it`s close to perfect, remember?
But does it need balance?
Yes, it does, like ''every'' other model out there.

And it should be done at the factory, so I don`t have to..

Falcon,

If you say it loud enough, it might just become true? When the Y/A F-18 twin was first introduced, the highest-power standard-sized servo on the market was a 70 inch-ounce servo. Most jet guys wouldn't put that on their brake valve these days. Guess what happened.... they all fluttered? Nope.

Do me a favor while I'm waiting for a chance to make my stab-shaking movie. Re-read what I wrote about losing the linkage to the stabs on my jet (twice). Explain that for me since you continue to say that all stabs need static balance no matter what.

Parafin,

Go outside and play. The grownups are talking in here.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since we are talking about stabs, I want to show everyone what a RESPONSIBLE company does when they discover a problem with their planes. Here is an email that Global Jet Club sent out recently to their customers. Global Jet Club deserves our business because they are responsible and proactive in their service to the modeler.

Re: Feibao F18, F15, F5, & MiG 21 stab improvement
Dear Global Jet Pilots

Recently we discovered that the stabs on these aircraft might have a tendency to fail at high speed or having too much slops on the linkages.

We are working on a way to make a set of more reliable stabs for each aircraft, so that each aircraft will operate safely within greater safety margins.

We expect to have the new stabs fully tested and ready in about 45 days and then will send a pair of replacement to you.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer/Member service department.

Regards,

Technical Supports
Global Jet Club

Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Falcon 64

If it worked back then, it works today on the same model. What was the options? None. Today we have the options and the models are HUGE & powerful.
A quick searc on youtube gives you vrrrrrappbang, page up and page down, from back then up til today, and it will come new "pages with flutter".
If you point is that there is infact a model wich is perfect, well it`s a start, good!
I hope you are in the minority who has`nt got it, yet.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 AM
crashgoodly

wise man should look in back of jet trailer or under bed were model jet guys found blubbering like wife with bad hairstyle.
ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

All of these FEJ threads are making the "Jet Guys" look like a bunch of clowns again..

I can't count how many times I've heard individuals say "I can buy 3 of these for the price of one of those other brands"

Get what you pay for in my book...

Truth!!

Wise man once said " there's no cryin in model jets"

Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 AM
crashgoodly

ORIGINAL: crashgoodly

wise man should look in back of jet trailer or under bed were model jet guys found blubbering like wife with bad hairstyle.

All of these FEJ threads are making the "Jet Guys" look like a bunch of clowns again..

I can't count how many times I've heard individuals say "I can buy 3 of these for the price of one of those other brands"

Truth!!

Wise man once said " there's no cryin in model jets"

Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

All of these FEJ threads are making the ''Jet Guys'' look like a bunch of clowns again..

I can't count how many times I've heard individuals say ''I can buy 3 of these for the price of one of those other brands''

Truth!!

Wise man once said '' there's no cryin in model jets''

I think when they were 3k you got what you paid for but now they are 7k and up and have reps telling you their good then the saying no longer applies.
Scott
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

If it worked back then, it works today on the same model. What was the options? None. Today we have the options and the models are HUGE & powerful.
A quick searc on youtube gives you vrrrrrappbang, page up and page down, from back then up til today, and it will come new ''pages with flutter''.
If you point is that there is infact a model wich is perfect, well it`s a start, good!
I hope you are in the minority who has`nt got it, yet.

Uhhhh... Yeeeaaaaa....
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

All of these FEJ threads are making the ''Jet Guys'' look like a bunch of clowns again..

I can't count how many times I've heard individuals say ''I can buy 3 of these for the price of one of those other brands''

Truth!!

I think when they were 3k you got what you paid for but now they are 7k and up and have reps telling you their good then the saying no longer applies.
Scott
Ok,,

Not my argument,,,

I'm out
Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 AM
dubd

Truth!!

Scott
Ok,,

Not my argument,,,

I'm out
For $7k I could have bought a kit from BVM, Tomahawk, Skygate, etc so your comment about getting what you pay for doesn't apply. For every comment like yours there are 100 that support standing up to FEJ. I know you think anyone who spends more than the cost of a Flash on a toy airplane is an idiot, but no need to diss your buddies.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
jetpilot

I know what you mean Doug, not trying to argue buddy
Dantley got screwed though .
Scott
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: dubd

Truth!!

Scott
Ok,,

Not my argument,,,

I'm out
For $7k I could have bought a kit from BVM, Tomahawk, Skygate, etc so your comment about getting what you pay for doesn't apply. For every comment like yours there are 100 that support standing up to FEJ. I know you think anyone who spends more than the cost of a Flash on a toy airplane is an idiot, but no need to diss your buddies.
Not true, really doesn't matter what one spends on their toys. Most of my flying friends have jets that cost more than a flash and I don't think they are idiots as you say.. I've personally owned jets that have cost quite a bit more than a flash but that really doesn't matter now does it.. Good luck with your vendetta quest for a 20k check... I'm sure it's in the mail..[X(]

"Idiots" you say???? Child Pleeeeze!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM
AFTERBURNER1

I know what you mean Doug, not trying to argue buddy
Dantley got screwed though .
Scott

It's all good Scotty..

D
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

An interesting story, I know you all want to read. So I will type it.
I flew mostly HET EDFs before I flew turbines. These little models require a lot of modifications, the CG is never known, and the manual is usually non existant or very poor. Find two parts that fit together right and it must of been an accident. I was told by several when I got into turbines how good the quality is etc...

The first jet I bought was a FEJ f-16 1/8. Immediately I was like "what the heck". Its no different than the HET models I fly. I immidiately seen several defects (posted in the FEJ good story thread). I saw several areas that I would not trust to to any sort of G load.

I still have my f-16 and it will not crash due to structural failure, but thats after many many mods, and lots of weight added to keep it strong.

I actually think the turbine jest get away with less quality since typically the wing loading is much later than the HET edfs and the fact people to beat the snot of out of the EDFs more.

I just thought this might be interesting to some that I a newbie saw no difference between a turbine model and a poor quality brand of EDF. It was very eye opening and to this date I have not owned a high quality jet I would trust out of the box. But Ive only owned cheap stuff since I live in a "starter house" and am a janitor at my job.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM
jetpilot

ORIGINAL: essyou35

An interesting story, I know you all want to read. So I will type it.
I flew mostly HET EDFs before I flew turbines. These little models require a lot of modifications, the CG is never known, and the manual is usually non existant or very poor. Find two parts that fit together right and it must of been an accident. I was told by several when I got into turbines how good the quality is etc...

The first jet I bought was a FEJ f-16 1/8. Immediately I was like ''what the heck''. Its no different than the HET models I fly. I immidiately seen several defects (posted in the FEJ good story thread). I saw several areas that I would not trust to to any sort of G load.

I still have my f-16 and it will not crash due to structural failure, but thats after many many mods, and lots of weight added to keep it strong.

I actually think the turbine jest get away with less quality since typically the wing loading is much later than the HET edfs and the fact people to beat the snot of out of the EDFs more.

I just thought this might be interesting to some that I a newbie saw no difference between a turbine model and a poor quality brand of EDF. It was very eye opening and to this date I have not owned a high quality jet I would trust out of the box. But Ive only owned cheap stuff since I live in a ''starter house'' and am a janitor at my job.

Thanks for sharing essyou35!
Your post in the other thread was classic! I wont forget that one for a long time!
Great observations!
Scott
Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Falcon 64

Looking forward to quality-check my F-16 1:4,3.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Duky had good point. FEJ not goes paid for the lost. If their care about it. It already has been done. Whom know their are on the edge of shutting down.
I think with 6 thread on front page every hour about FEJ is too much.
Everyone should already know about FEJ business practice.
Just kept 1 thread is good enough. I'm sure there is more good about this hobby that many others want to share.
But last few week is all about FEJ is out of control.
I support my friends and customers for their lost with FEJ poor quality products that not up to the safety standard.
But we should consider share the forum too.
I had something want to post last week. But don't bother with it.
Now the forum is all about FEJ.
Hope I'm not offended anyone. Is just opinion how I see it.

BTW, if FEJ go out business. Let them fall on their own. You guys don't want to parts of shutting them down.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
dubd

Tam, some of the other threads will eventually fall off. There are roughly 33 threads on page 1 of the jet section. Enough room for everyone.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

[quote]ORIGINAL: tamjets

Duky had good point. FEJ not goes paid for the lost. If their care about it. It already has been done. Whom know their are on the edge of shutting down.
I think with 6 thread on front page every hour about FEJ is too much.
Everyone should already know about FEJ business practice.
Just kept 1 thread is good enough. I'm sure there is more good about this hobby that many others want to share.
But last few week is all about FEJ is out of control.
I support my friends and customers for their lost with FEJ poor quality products that not up to the safety standard.
But we should consider share the forum too.
I had something want to post last week. But don't bother with it.
Now the forum is all about FEJ.
Hope I'm not offended anyone. Is just opinion how I see it.

BTW, if FEJ go out business. Let them fall on their own. You guys don't want to parts of shutting them down.
[/quote

I am sorry for the loss of your model but I must agree........ 6 threads on page one is too many.
You do have a point to bring across and I respect you for that but every time I go to the jet fourm there is another FEJ bashing thread.
I think you made your point AND........ AGAIN I respect you for that. But I think enough is enough.

Best of luck to you and I really hope you get satisfaction with FEJ.

Hoss
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
dce21b

Where is the I hold myself accountable any where in this thread?  

This is exactly what is wrong with this country.  No one forced you to buy their product and no one forced you to spend an insane amount of money on a hobby either.  If their products have a history of questionable construction you should have either reinforced it or build/or buy a better one. 

If I buy a brand new car, get a flat tire and total it into a guard rail is it the car company's fault?  Or does &#$@ just happen?

As far as I am concerned this hobby is like a game of poker.   In your case a high stakes poker game.  Don't bring to the table what your not ready to lose.

Stop crying and get over it.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
dubd

I have no interest in creating more threads about FEJ. I have already taken action outside of this forum.

dce21b, Your car analogy is flawed, but I won't go into that. Regarding the money, I was over it the moment the crash happened. If I couldn't afford to crash I wouldn't be flying a $20,000 plane. I've stated a number of times, losing a toy airplane is small potatoes to me. However, I am fed up with the poor customer service, lies by reps, and the complete disregard by FEJ to improve their products. One of the great things about our country is people have a voice and in this situation I choose to use mine. If you don't like it, then I respectfully ask that you ignore this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.