Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Electric Retract Question- 510RSE

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Electric Retract Question- 510RSE

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:46 PM
JonnyEm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Electric Retract Question- 510RSE

I posted this question in the Kit section, but didn't get a response. Maybe here I will have better luck.My 40 size Royal Zero build has been on hold for several months now due to the Robart Retracts I chose to go with have been on back order. I ordered the 510RSE which are 3/8 Robo Strut ready. I hook everything up and they run up and down great, they are well made and now I'm all excited about getting back to work. So, I fit the Robo Strut and it just flops around in the trunion. I measure everything and the strut is 3/8, but the mounting hole in the trunion is 7/16. I was expecting a slip fit. I searched for maybe an adapter, but couldn't find anything. I sent an email to Robart with my question, but with it being Saturday, I'm not expecting to hear anything until Monday. I thought I would run this by here for your thoughts. These are my first set of Robarts, and don't know if I'm missing something or if I have a missed drilled set of gear.Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Robart Electric Retract Question- 510RSE

The struts should have the same size hole as the retract strut. You are supposed to file a flat spot on the retract strut after cutting them to the proper lenght, and the struts should have at least 2 set screws that will tighten up into the flat spot that you filed on the strut. If the struts have to big a hole in them, I beleive that Robart does make some adaptors to down size them. Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
JonnyEm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robart Electric Retract Question- 510RSE

Thanks Dave. These are my first Robarts, and I didn't know if I was missing something. I'm just a little aggravated because I have been waiting so long for these and now they are wrong. I posted to see if maybe someone else has had the same issue. I can make an adapter but I shouldn't have to.