Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JRs new 11ch Rx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JRs new 11ch Rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JRs new 11ch Rx

Hi all, I have recently moved to back to JR and adopted there new DMSS systems after being let down badly by Spectrums new flagship TX but miss Spectrums/JR extensive range of RXs.I'm very happy with my new XG11 Tx and it has been faultless since day one using both there 11 and 8ch RXs and hope to enjoy years of reliable use as I had with my JR DSX12 TX on DMS2. My DSX12 Tx on DSM2 had an RXs range available that encompassed everything from simple park flyers on 4ch, had RXs with built in gyros right up to full blown 12ch with integral backup and regs along with compatibility with PowerBox. Now I am sure that JRs DMSS RX range will increase and "eventually" be able to be adopted/adapted by PowerBox Systems when they finally release there Xbus (please soon "please") systen but there RX range for now from my point of view is fairly limited. Meanwhile with the new RG113BPU 11ch power safe RX I hoping it might be a stop gap for my bigger IC airframes or even some of my jets ""BUT"" I've read the spec on the new 11ch RX and its a little confusing. I've got used to having the Sat RXs on DMSS RXs quite close the main RX giving them compared to what I had got used to relatively poor aerial diversity so have been using their optional 300 and 450mm Sat ex leads to help out. What I cant understand at the moment is on the new powersafe RX that is the first of the DMSS RXs to relie on its Sats alone is that it has one RA01TL for telemetry and as an Rx and the other two RA01L sat RXs for receiving alone. According to JR on there web site the RA01L is short range? pherhaps some one at JR or in the know could clear that up as I thought the RA01"L" stood for long Range? I realise you cant have more than one transmitting Sat that are stated as full range on this system as it would confuse the tx with duplicate telemetry but surely they should have all the Sats as full range at the receiving end of things. I now have one of these RXs on its way and will let you all know first hand just which sats it arrives with and later how it performs, I'm sure it will be 100% as are my other DMSS RXs and that it more likely JR have not relayed the correct information on there Sats specifications just yet on there web sites.Its good to see thre RX range is expanding and look forward to many years of reliable use from this system.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50194.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1888479  
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 AM
steverobertsuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JRs new 11ch Rx

All of the JR remote rx's are 'full range' but some of them are short range for the telemetry transmission part.

In the case of the 1131BPU only one port on the rx will accept telemetry, so JR supply the RA01TL which has full range telemetry to go into that port. The other remote are the RA01L which still have full range reception but only have short range telemetry (not used in this case) which makes the package slightly cheaper.

All of the remotes have long whisker type aerials so you should be able to get all of them in clear air without them being obstructed but equipment in the airframe.

JR are working with PowerBox systems to incorporate the XBus system.

Steve
Old 06-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi StevenThanks for clearing that up, It would pay for JR to make that clearer on there sites as it simply specs the RA01L Sat RX as short range "period" not just the telemetry side of things. I look forward to receiving mine and will be using it first in a 30cc Extra with duel lipos and HV servos just to check it out. Good to hear things are moving along with the XBus side of things as that will allow me and im sure many others to have the benefits of such a reliable 2.4 protocol with there larger and more complex airframes using the Powerbox units. I for one have My Yak 130 sat on a shelf with a Powerbox SRS fitted waiting for the new software to let me use it, I am so glad my fated Spectrum Tx showed its failings before I fitted it to that particular airframe, loosing some of my smaller airframes and a relatively "cheap" jet was bad enough and was a shock especially as ive not had any problems in the past with my JR setups but to have lost the Yak would have been heart-breaking.That brings me to my next question regarding this Power safe side of things on the JR Rx that I hope some one "Steven" can help with? If using duel battery's alone its easy to understand that this new rx picks the pack as stated on the JR site with the highest voltage as it primary power source and runs on that one. Now im guessing as that packs voltage drops under load the second packs voltage becomes relatively higher so it switches from one to the other and so on, correct?. What happens if we switch the direct battery supply for duel regs with duel battery's, what happens then? I know from experience that regs can vary a few millivolts from one to another so the Rx may favour one over the other but that's not my main concern. What I am wondering about is that a reg under load always warms up, this in turn results in the regulated voltage rising all be it just a small amount but as the load increases quite a bit . Surely this results in the rx concentrating all its attention on one reg and pack? or is this Rx smarter than that? I know from experience that when using a Powerbox units they share the load fairly evenly, do we know whether this RX will do the same and how?. In any case I guess it will always have the back up supply even if one reg or pack were to fail or become completely depleted so is "Powersafe" but I am wondering how it overcomes this particular issue.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

ORIGINAL: modelmancan

Hi StevenThanks for clearing that up, It would pay for JR to make that clearer on there sites as it simply specs the RA01TL Sat RX as short range ''period'' not just the telemetry side of things.I look forward to receiving mine and will be using it first in a 30cc Extra with duel lipos for now and HV servos just to check it out. Good to hear things are moving along with the XBus side of things, that will allow me and im sure many others to have the benefits of such a reliable 2.4 protocol with there larger and more complex airframes. I for one have My Yak 130 sat on a shelf with a Powerbox SRS fitted waiting for the software to let me use it.That brings me to my next question regarding this Power safe side of things on the JR Rx that I hope some one ''Steven'' can help with? If using duel battery's alone its easy to understand that the rx picks the pack as stated on the JR site with the highest voltage as it primary power source and runs on that one. Now im guessing as that packs voltage drops under load the second packs voltage becomes relatively higher so it switches from one to the other and so on, correct?. What happens if we switch the direct battery supply for duel regs with duel battery's, what happens then? I know from experience that regs can vary a few millivolts from one to another so the Rx may favour one over the other but that's not my main concern. What I am wondering about is a reg under load always warms up, this in turn results in the regulated voltage rising all be it just a small amount but under a larger load quite a bit . Surely this results in the rx concentrating all its attention on one reg and pack? or is this Rx smarter than that? I know from experience that when using a Powerbox units they will share the load fairly evenly, do we know whether this RX will do the same and how?. In any case I guess it will always have the back up supply if one reg or pack were to fail or become depleted so is ''Powersafe'' but I am wondering how it overcomes this particular issue.
Mark

Even if there is not a "range" for the voltage eventually the battery would drop off and the second battery would take over.
The 1131BPU is a HV Rx, do HV servos are needed reading the blurb

Dave
Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 AM
steverobertsuk

I've not had a good chance to look at the 1131BPU but my understanding is that it will draw from both batteries simultaneously so will not go looking for the pack with the highest voltage. So use 2 packs of the same capacity and both should show nearly the same voltage when you land (give or take).

Steve
Old 06-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Dave and Steve Thanks for the replies, I am comfortable with using this Rx with duel Lipos or any duel battery pack and with the new HV and wide voltage range servos this Rx should be very popular.In fact feel happy to use matched duel packs on any Rx whether its a std Rx or power safe type and with or with out diodes but that's a debate for another time. What I was wondering was if this Rx is smart enough to draw from two not so evenly matched power supply's when under load not just pick the highest voltage. Its not stated that this Rx is not suitable for use with duel regs but I know its a known problem when using regs in parallel and hoped JR had come up with a solution. Many flyers I know use duel regs in parallel with success's, I just think it through too much and cant bring my self to do it my self. I guess one answer and probably a good recommendation is that with non Powerbox duel reg system is that its at least able to cope with just one of its duel regs being able to take all the load at any one time with ease but no matter how this particular Rx draws its power its good to know its always got a second power source.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Xantos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi ,
I've just in the process of moving all my jets to Spektrum, right now I have 2 jets flying on the Spektrum DX18 and its a matter of concern when you say you've had a problem with the Spektrum Tx.
could you please elaborate what the problem was for the benefit of other Spektrum users ?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Xantos I don't really want to go over all the hassle I had with my spectrum again and I am keen to put those dark days behind me but I will point you to a thread I posted at the time.I loved the Tx at the time and its spec usability price etc are very good and Horizon UK has exalant customer servis but I question the consistency with its build quality which may explain why one works wile others do not, I sincerely hope yours is a good one. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11412015
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

I wish futaba would come with the dual inputs like JR, would eliminate the need to run power expanders in already cramped fuselages...