Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Any experience with HK's 2.4GHz Minima receivers?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Any experience with HK's 2.4GHz Minima receivers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:27 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with HK's 2.4GHz Minima receivers?

Hello all,

Does anyone have the experience with Hobby Kings 8 Channel 2.4 GHz Minima receiver compatible with Hitec Aurora 9 2.4GHz transmitter? I read that this receiver works with any Hitec 2.4GHz transmitter provided it has 2.4GHz Spectra Module. Price is $23.10. Is it worth buying it?

Any experiences? good or bad?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tec%20receiver

Thanks

Mody
Old 06-16-2013, 09:08 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Any experience with HK's 2.4GHz Minima receivers?

RX not usually a good place to try to save money. Go stock and be safe. Not sure what this has to do with gas engines though.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 AM
the pope

Im %100 sure there frsky , they have a brand similar. Also the delta version which is also compatable with futaba . I have three of the hobby king ones and although not flown yet they bound no probs as well as a range check . I wouldn't hesitate to use them . Frsky put out quality stuff and Im on the cusp of selling all my spectrum rx and getting the frsky modual for my JR 10x and using there receivers and either the delta version or minima ones from HK or frsky for my aurora 9 . Check out aloft hobbies for the range of receivers and the new TX there about to release ( if u can wait ) and don't forget how cheap they are , it doesn't always mean your getting crap , weve been getting the rough end of the pineapple for too long . Cheers the pope
Old 06-17-2013, 03:08 AM
armody

Guys,

Thanks for the great info. At the moment I ain't need one. I already have two Optima 7 for my two planes. I had sold out one Optima 7 brand new. For my project of 2014, I'm planning to buy Seagull Model's Edge 540 180 at least more than 70" wing span. Still debating on motor, either go with DA-35 or Mintor 33 or 38. I thought that I might use this RX. A flying fellow of mine had been using these kinda compatible receivers for his foamies, again Foamies for a while but no big risk on losing big bucks in case something goes wrong.

I'm also using Aurora 9 and have no plans to buy Aurora 9x.

Thanks

Mody
Old 06-17-2013, 03:12 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

+1 as I've been using a FrSky 2.4 module in my Fut 8UAF and their receivers in my electric and gas models for the past 2 years and everything has given rock solid performance.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:16 AM
armody

Hi Karolh,

Pope also spoke about FrSky 2.4 module and you are also talking about it. FrSky is a different module than Minima RX's or are you talking about TX's module like Spectra Module?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 AM
karolh

To the best of my knowledge FrSky does not make an Rx that is compatible with Hitec systems, only with FrSky, Futaba and JR.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to get a couple for some small planes. I haven't ordered them yet. Do note that your transmitter module has to be updated to the latest firmware version to make them work. (via the HPP-22)
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
armody

ORIGINAL: Texastbird

I was going to get a couple for some small planes. I haven't ordered them yet. Do note that your transmitter module has to be updated to the latest firmware version to make them work. (via the HPP-22)
My Aurora 9's TX, Module and Optima 7 Receivers are 100% up to date with the latest firmware. I'm IT guy so I keep an eye on these stuff

Probably for some cheap plane I might try someday these RX's.

Mody
Old 06-17-2013, 10:23 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: karolh

To the best of my knowledge FrSky does not make an Rx that is compatible with Hitec systems, only with FrSky, Futaba and JR.
Should be all there below
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 PM
armody

Pope,

Thank you very much for the reply. It's been more than 3 months I've not been able to fly reason being, I have been living here in Louisville, KY. My family was back there in TX, so I'm extremely glad that this coming Friday, I'm driving 1,000 miles all the way to Magnolia, TX and it is hot as hell. I'm so glad that I will get to fly my Yak 54 with XYZ 20cc on it and I would be able to finish up my Seagull Model's MXS-R 90 plane with RCG20cc from Hobby King. That would be my first gas motor from HK.

I'm extremely pi$$ed off at the price of MXS-R 90 from Seagull Models. It was listed like 4 months ago as $289.99 and I was so glad that I bought it from my LHS for $260 including tax. Now this ARF is available for $189.99[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Mody
Old 06-19-2013, 03:07 AM
karolh

Look at the brighter side, buy one now at the reduced price and end up having a spare
Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

About 50% of my planes have the Orange Futaba FASST compatible receivers which I understand are manufactured by FrSky. I haven't had one issue with them, although I did have a name brand Futuba fail on me. [:@]
Old 06-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Texastbird

Welcome back to Texas, Mody!! I just got back from NE Tennessee where is was so nice up on the mountain top. Come on down to Texas City R/C club for some flying, Its only a hundred miles or so more, ha, ha.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
armody

karolh,

I have not yet completed my MXS-R, since I had to leave TX. I'm so glad that this coming Friday, I'm driving back home, it's long commute of 1,000 miles. I drove to Louisville, KY for the first time in my life, it was great experience. Now I'm driving back home. Louisville, KY's some parts are beautiful and I've been going to the local flying club for few weeks to see guys flying the planes there. Nice field and club membership fee is only $50 which is extremely cheap as compared to TX. Here in TX we have $200 per year including first time membership initiation fee, $58 AMA is separate. Well, I fly at the retention pond there just 12 miles away from my home in Magnolia, TX so no club fee at all.

I'm planning to buy another plane this year which is going to be Seagull Models Edge 540 180. I want something to have 77"+ wing span. I'm not into 3D flying at all but I love flying these faster planes. The motor I've been contemplating about either Mintor 33 or 38, or DA-35 whenever it comes out. If my RCG20 from HK turns out to be good on my MXS-R, then I'd probably think about some chinese motor, I guess but my heart is going gor DA-35 or Mintor 33.

irocbsa

Sorry to hear about your Futaba's RX failure[:@] Sometimes branded product deceives you. I never had any experience with Futaba. I used JR's old 5 channel TX and for almost two years now I've been using Hitec's Aurora 9 2.4GHz and I love it. Don't wanna start another thread of Hitec's new Aurora 9x.

Texasbird

Thank you very much. I have been to Tennessee before I got here in Louisville, KY. I was in Nashville on my company's project. Love the night life there on weekends, and girls are hot there lol though I'm married. Nashville, is nearly 172 miles away from Louisville. I live in Magnolia, TX and You know La Porte is not that far from Magnolia. It's only 69 miles away not even 100. I used to live in Cypress, that would cut another 24 miles down. I'm so excited getting back to TX

I would certainly try these RX probably on electric foamies I have no foamy at all, but I will certainly like to try one.

Happy flying

Mody
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Texastbird

Do some more research on Mintors before you make up your mind. Another forum has a long thread about them.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
armody

I never read anything bad about Mintors. If DA-35 comes out which would be $425, I would love to have one. Great things come with good price

BTW what is your personal experience with Mintor?

Mody
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Texastbird

Well, none personally, just look at the threads on Fg G-ts. Some are good, some have been problematic, if you can believe anything you read on the internet....
Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: armody

I never read anything bad about Mintors. If DA-35 comes out which would be $425, I would love to have one. Great things come with good price

BTW what is your personal experience with Mintor?

Mody
Howdy , if u haven't read much about the mintors u haven't been looking !!!!!!!![:-] They have had a lot of strife with their engines although that seems to be behind them although the juries still out on that one . I have 2 x22cc although I haven't run them but one had a ring catching on exhaust port . After talking to the aussie importer I sent them both in for a check up and although no paper work came back I could tell the cylinders were changed . When they got very busy they outsourced some parts and failed to keep an eye on the specs with piston cylinder and ring clearence probs . This is my take on the subject and over on F.G's u can read until u go cross eyed on them . Cheers the pope
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM
armody

Guys,

Thanks for the input. I'd keep my eyes open. I'd probably wait as I have couple of months to rummage through my bank and cough up some money. By that time, DA-35 would be out, so I'd probably think about DA-35. 3W 30cc+ motors would be expensive, I can tell it for sure or ZDZ's motors. DLE30, I'd be hesitant on that as well.