Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TEXAS JETS - MT. PLEASANT, TX

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TEXAS JETS - MT. PLEASANT, TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:42 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TEXAS JETS - MT. PLEASANT, TX

Skymaster, it flew great and really looked good in the air. Great job Jason
Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Hnorth

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Congratulations to the winners of the awards, and as usual, it was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Ill post some pictures tomorrow, along with a longer post. (I'm on the mobile).
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 AM
jack744
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The T-38 is a Skymaster kit with a Kingtech K-170g turbine and controled by Futaba 18MZ, Jason never had it opened up all the way. Glad we had the Kingtech K170 in her as with the heat and humidity taking some of the performance out of the jets it never was in any under powered flights.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 AM
gushudson

test
Old 06-17-2013, 06:40 AM
gushudson

Thank you for attending our event and I hope that everyone had a great time. Thanks to all of our club members who helped with the event. As you know we couldn't do it without club participation. But mostly that's for your attendance. Also, a special thanks to Dan who pitched in and helped. That's the danger in arriving to the field early. Thanks to BVM for their continued support. We are looking forward to next year and hopefully will be able to mow the field and have it a little more presentable. The rain that we had the previous week prevented us from mowing. What a great event and it was all due to you. What a great group of guys and gals to be associated with. I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Gus
Old 06-17-2013, 06:48 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Gus,

This was a great event. Johnnie, Jacy and I really had a good time. Thank you guys for going out of your way to put together this event every year. Man your grandson Hudson has really come a long way on his flying skills (and he's grown like a foot in one year!). I got to see him on a training cord with another up and coming Jet Pilot. I believe the kid was 8 years old? Congrats on raising such a fine young man. He has extremely high character, he's very pleasant to be around, has a great since of humor and he is a hard worker. He always goes out of his way to help others; a fine example of where our youth should be today.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there again next year!

Andy
Old 06-17-2013, 06:49 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: DAN AVILLA

We just finished the Mt. Pleasant jet fly and had a ball. Thanks to Gus and all the members that made it a great event. It was fun hanging with Andy,Bob,Vern and all the Texas / Oklahoma boys. Dan and Coleen Avilla
Ditto here! We enjoyed hanging out with all of you guys!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 AM
gushudson

Andy,

Thanks for the kind words concerning Hudson. I think that his exposure to the R/C community and the great people associated with modeling has had a great and positive influence. I'm going to make his mother read your post. I think that sometimes she wonders about us.
Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you and your family again. And by the way, you have a great family too.

Gus
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Ron S

Mike K finally got a first and second flight 9courtesy of Steve E) on his EDF FJ1 Fury. The scratchbuilt model was a bit tailheavy on first flight, but Steve managed to get it down so some noseweight could be added. Second flight balance looked much better. The Fury had a inlet duct problem on the second flight, but I suspect the next item we see it fly it will have some color on it. [8D]
Thanks for posting the pics of the Fury, I was curious to know how the maiden went.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM
bcovish

The maiden flight on the Fury was really exciting. The takeoff was OK but when the gear was retracted, things got real hairy, it got tail heavy real fast. It was about 90 seconds of shear terror. Thank god Steven was on the sticks and landed it with no damage. After charging batteries and adding about 3 ounces of lead to the nose, the second flight was going great until it lost power. The inlet tube collapsed. Minor damage on landing short but it will fly again.

Thanks to Gus and the Mt. Pleasant club for hosting a great event. The corn dogs were off the hook.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 AM
jack744
My Feedback: (60)

hey Andy have you got that eagle jet ready to fly yet?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A great big thanks to everyone at the Mt Pleasant meet. What a great weekend.

The four of us Okie's from the Tulsa area and our adopted Utah Okie, Mark West, USAF, Vance AFB, Enid Okla all had a great time.

We will be back for sure.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: jack744

Andy hasn't come out of the closet yet with the FEJ F16
Old 06-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Hnorth

Alrighty! The electricity has been out all morning, so here we go! I think we can all agree that it was a very exciting event. Im going to agree with Ron S. that this was the first event I've attended where it hasn't been rained out. Flying was awesome, and it was good to see old friends and meet new ones. Congratulations to the winners, Dan Avila, Vernon Montgomery, Kevin Whitlow, Andy Andrews, and Derick Martin. Andy Andrews excitedly walked away with the raffle prize, an F-16. Congratulations to Andy! Now, for some much wanted photos.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM
gushudson

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Andy hasn't come out of the closet yet with the FEJ F16
Bob-O,

Don't be jealous because your name didn't get drawn. There's always next year.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Hnorth

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Gus,

This was a great event. Johnnie, Jacy and I really had a good time. Thank you guys for going out of your way to put together this event every year. Man your grandson Hudson has really come a long way on his flying skills (and he's grown like a foot in one year!). I got to see him on a training cord with another up and coming Jet Pilot. I believe the kid was 8 years old? Congrats on raising such a fine young man. He has extremely high character, he's very pleasant to be around, has a great since of humor and he is a hard worker. He always goes out of his way to help others; a fine example of where our youth should be today.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there again next year!

Andy
Thanks Andy! :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
AndyAndrews

Yep...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...007&electric=0
Old 06-17-2013, 06:03 PM
vernonms

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Gus, had a great time. I'll take the heat anytime over rain. Thanks to the Mt. Pleasant crew. Look forward to seeing Doug's big L39 fly. The full scale Hawker(expensive corporate jet) low flyover was cool. Good to see all the regulars plus some fairly newbies. Great corndogs from the concession stand. The SM big 86 had a good weekend even it did need most of the runway on takeoff with the Friday's 97 degrees, humidity and no wind. Dawn's "smores", chocolate pie was great. Some really cool planes, no total loses I think. Just a few landing gear issues from hard or long landings. Most repaired at the field. Always a great time for many years.

Vernon
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 AM
gushudson

Vernon,

It's always good to see you and even better when you don't cost me any money. Your F-86 was awesome. It's always good to see old friends. Thanks for coming.

Gus
Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 AM
derrickxp8103
My Feedback: (80)

Hey Gus,

Thanks for a great time. I burned 22 gallons that great smelling stuff. We will be back next year. We are planning to make a trip up there again this Fall. I think you and Hudson should plan a trip to Georgia Jets ! You are welcome to ride with us.

Derrick
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM
bcovish

Gus, although you didn't have much to say about who was buying dinner Sat. night for all of us, thanks again. When are you ever going to learn, when we invite you to go to dinner with us, that means you are buying. It happens every year.[:@]
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM
gushudson

ORIGINAL: derrickxp8103

Hey Gus,

Thanks for a great time. I burned 22 gallons that great smelling stuff. We will be back next year. We are planning to make a trip up there again this Fall. I think you and Hudson should plan a trip to Georgia Jets ! You are welcome to ride with us.

Derrick
Derrick,

I'm really glad that you had a good time and thanks for all of your help with Hudson. I think that he was disgusted with himself for his landings. Thanks for giving him the support. This reminds me to order more flex plates. Thanks for the invitation to GA jets but I don't believe that I can make it due to work. Hudson and I both look forward to seeing you again.

Gus
Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 AM
gushudson

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Gus, although you didn't have much to say about who was buying dinner Sat. night for all of us, thanks again. When are you ever going to learn, when we invite you to go to dinner with us, that means you are buying. It happens every year.[:@]
Bob-O,

I guess I will never learn. It's hard to find good friends, however you can buy them all day lone.

Gus
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM
bcovish

That's funny
Old 06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Bob-O! I really enjoyed everyone, all the great pilots and airplanes. I learned a new way to set toe-in on my F-4. Nothing beats making new friends and learning new ways to make our airplanes better. Thanks for the great pictures! Great times!
I'm having corn dog withdrawal.... Love those things.

Hope to see everyone next year.