Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Meister Scale Zero - step by step

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Meister Scale Zero - step by step

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Icemanjr92
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Meister Scale Zero - step by step

Mirce,

Our latest 15" Zero pilot... Coming to the web site shortly!

Made to order only.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64938.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1895297  
Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you'll allow me "gush" a little bit... I am in awe of your work, Mirce. You are truly talented and you've helped me to finally make a attempt at building, truly building, not just assembling a big warbird.

I'm going to begin with a Reggiane 2005. I have plans that I'll have blown up to have a wingspan in the 80 inch range. I hope I'm able to achieve even a fraction of what you've done here.

хвала

Frank Migliaccio
Old 06-27-2013, 02:44 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you Frank on so kind words...

Forums like this serve to exchange ideas, building techniques and passion we all involved in our hobby and models.
Satisfaction which I have every day in building models are great. Not to mention when read comments like this, or like those Dino write few days ago, or many nice comments modelers writes in topics of Meister Scale P 47, Zirolis Panther, or in my latest building - Galeb G2...

I'm proud when read so nice texts. Who would not be...
Make me very happy point that many people around the world enjoying with me in my projects... Great feeling... Thank you...

All the best from Novi Sad, Serbia...

Mirce
Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 PM
mirce

After pause in this project, building will soon start again...

Like, probably, many modelers I made same mistake and start to build few big projects, so after some time i use a lot of time, energy and a lot of works, but with "slim" results.
So I decided to turn new page, sell some models and focus on one or two model.
I sold my Ziroli P 38 Lightning, same like first Galeb G2 jet model, Panther will be soon ready for painting and after that it will be on sale...
For Meister Scale P 47 I have potential buyer, also...

After this sales I can get new breath, and continued working on my two remaining projects: new Galeb G2 and Meister Scale Zero.

Now I have question for you guys, I have idea to put Moki 150 in this Zero, but after talking with one famous modeler, few days ago, he told me that 150 ccm radial will be under power for this model. BTW, Moki don't made 150 even more, that model was replaced with Moki 180.
He told me that perfect engine will be Moki 250. Zero will have great power, can easily flight on half throttle without over heating and overloading engine.

On last Top Gun I talk with some other modeler and he told me that he have Meister Zero with Moki 150 and that two are great combination...

Right now I'm little confused which Moki to buy 180, 215 or 250????

Other question is, can 215 or 250 fit under Zero cowl?

If I know right, Garry and Brian (Ram 3500) are working on this model too and want to put Moki on it. Which one, smaller or 250ccm?

Please give me some answers, to know in which direction to go...
Dino, help...

Thanks in advance

Mirce

Last edited by mirce; 09-07-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Mirce, I hope you're well... After reading the above and knowing how well you build (straight, strong, etc) I'd say go with the BIG motor. That Moki 250 sounds awesome and everything I've ever read says that it's always nicer to have extra throttle available. I'm sorry I missed the P38... If you ever have another twin for sale, let me know.

thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mirce
After pause in this project, building will soon start again...

Like, probably, many modelers I made same mistake and start to build few big projects, so after some time i use a lot of time, energy and a lot of works, but with "slim" results.
So I decided to turn new page, sell some models and focus on one or two model.
I sold my Ziroli P 38 Lightning, same like first Galeb G2 jet model, Panther will be soon ready for painting and after that it will be on sale...
For Meister Scale P 47 I have potential buyer, also...

After this sales I can get new breath, and continued working on my two remaining projects: new Galeb G2 and Meister Scale Zero.

Now I have question for you guys, I have idea to put Moki 150 in this Zero, but after talking with one famous modeler, few days ago, he told me that 150 ccm radial will be under power for this model. BTW, Moki don't made 150 even more, that model was replaced with Moki 180.
He told me that perfect engine will be Moki 250. Zero will have great power, can easily flight on half throttle without over heating and overloading engine.

On last Top Gun I talk with some other modeler and he told me that he have Meister Zero with Moki 150 and that two are great combination...

Right now I'm little confused which Moki to buy 180, 215 or 250????

Other question is, can 215 or 250 fit under Zero cowl?

If I know right, Garry and Brian (Ram 3500) are working on this model too and want to put Moki on it. Which one, smaller or 250ccm?

Please give me some answers, to know in which direction to go...
Dino, help...

Thanks in advance

Mirce
Hello Mirce
This may help. It is a Moki 215 sitting in a Zero cowl. Yes, it fits, but just barely. Very tight. About the same clearance as a 250 has in a CARF Corsair cowl. You need to be very precise with your install to get the clearance for thrust offset.

The 180 would fit easily with no problems. I don't believe the 250 will fit.

The 150 we installed in our 50lb Meister P-47 flies it with great authority. Much better than the 80cc 2-stroke we had in her.

IMO, the 150 / 180 (same size) would fly the Zero about the same if you could keep her around 50lbs or less. The Zero is much more streamlined. The 215 would be nicer in that you could use a larger prop that would look better on the larger Zero. It would also give it a little more power, but the 250 in the CARF Corsair is way beyond realistic power in that plane, and if in would fit in the Zero, it would be the same thing, way way more than necessary in power, fuel consumption, weight and cost. Hope this helps.

1st choice - 180, second choice - 215. No 250.

Name:	DSCN0579.JPG
Views:	876
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	1917759  

Last edited by ram3500-RCU; 09-08-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
ram3500-RCU

Did some further checking, and the 250 is definitely NOT an option for this cowl. Largest that will go in is the 215 with some careful calculating.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM
mirce

Thank you Garry...

As I know 215 & 250 are the same size (diameter), but now it is not important, because both are to big for this cowl. So, I think that 180 will be my option...

Regards

Mirce
Old 09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
ram3500-RCU

I know that physically, the 215 and 250 may interchange, but the thrust angle necessary for the 250 will be hard to do in the Zero cowl. I like the choice of the 180.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 AM
mirce

OK, Zero again...

Two month no any words about this project, but now I can promise that no other projects until this be finish...

As I wrote once before, it took me a bit to read the previous articles, in order to be reminded what was done on this model .

Next on the list is the fuselage...
Before start add panel lines I decide to made cockpit.

With plastic parts you get two pictures how cockpit looked in the real Zero...

Prior to installation it is necessary to do a few things. The first is to glue balsa plate on back side of the plastic panels. These balsa plates give strength and make easily fixed in final assembly.

On floor I add two balsa plates on left and right side. That plates will be border for left and right side of the cockpit.

Pilots seat...

...and pilot is on place too...

Now you ask how Allied pilot in Japanese airplane? That is because I choose this color scheme...

To be continued...
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Scott Prossen

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work and good to see you back at it buddy. For what it's worth, I've flown a M-Zero with a Moki 150 and that had plenty of power so I believe the Moki 180 is a great choice!

All the best from Florida.

Scott
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 AM
BeasleyBunch

Wonderful to see you back at it! I have a Moki 180 sitting in its box waiting on me to put it in the Vailly FW 190 I'm building on the other build site. Hope to see you do some testing of your 180 and some data feedback on tuning it!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM
mirce

Thank you guys...
Yes Scott we are talking about Zero - Moki combination. I hope that I'll use Moki 180 in this model, but who know, I have some other life plans, probably will move next year from my town Novi Sad in other city, so maybe this model will be for sale before come engine installation... We will see...

For now, here is few more pictures about work on cockpit area...

Plastic part for rear side of the cockpit I get in cockpit kit I use like template...

Than I add first layer of acrylic filler...

Pilot is right size for this model...

From tomorrow Zero will be moved in other work shop and I'll start working on panel lines on fuselage...

To be continued...
Old 11-26-2013, 04:44 PM
dmheil
My Feedback: (5)

This is next on my build list. I am watching closely. You're doing a great job!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 AM
mirce

Thank you Dmheil...

Like many my builds on last time, this model, when I finish it, will be for sale.
On spring next year we're moving in other city, building new house, start some new business...
I'm not sure will I have suitably airfield there for so big scale models. That mean, I'm afraid that this is my last so big and complex model.

Maybe Dmheil, you can start thinking to buy Zero from me. Price will be just as much as me costs parts + shipping.
Here is a list of parts I have and use for Meister Scale Zero:

- short kit - 440,00$
- spinner - 55,00$
- Siera Giant retracts - 600,00$
- Robart tail wheel mechanism - 150,00$
- tail cone - 35,00$
- cockpit - 45,00
- cowl - 60,00$
- canopy - 50,00
- wheels Dubro 6" - 40,00$
- small parts, balsa planks, glass, epoxy resin, filers, detail sets, paint mask, finish set... - 500,00$
- painting - 200,00$

Total amount 2175,00$

Here is a links to Meister Scale site to check the prices:

http://www.meister-scale.com/Zero/zero.html
http://www.meister-scale.com/Zero/Ac...cessories.html

In this price are not labor, plans, shipping for the parts and custom service I payed to get them...

I can offer and all other parts, servos, switchers, air tank for pneumatic, air lines, air valves, other pieces for air system, pilot in 1:4 scale, gas tank...
I have all this parts and if you are interesting for them I can send you price and instal it in model.

If we made deal, I can paint model in color you want...

I send, few months ago, big Ziroli Lightning in New Jersey and price for shipping cost about 800,00$. In that price are wooden box for model...

For more information send me e-mail: [email protected]

I have new pictures of building progress, so it will be soon here in topic...

Regards

Mirce
Old 11-27-2013, 03:11 AM
mirce

As I promise, here are few photos of latest building phase...

I start adding panel lines and rivets on fuselage. For those job I use Mirce Finish Set, but for so huge and detailed model it need be made much more rivets. Rivets are same like on wing, 1,8 mm in diameter and space between it are same...

First panel lines. On my last project Ziroli F9F Panther ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-serbia-5.html ) I made panel lines other way than before.
On Panther, or now on Zero fuselage, I apply panel lines and leave it on surface.
That approach give few benefits...
First, no need for filler, which if you want to made panel lines deep and sharp, must add in is thick layers. That mean a lot of filler (this is 1/4 scale model) and a lot of weight, which will be on this model (short in front) latter problem for CG.
Second, process is shorter because you don't need to sand surface and prepare for rivet. Surface are now immediately ready for that job.
And third, it is cheaper, because you don't need to buy a lot of filler...

Surface with panel lines like this are same interesting and good like surface with small "channels". When model get color, you will see same texture on surface...

So, here are first steps in this process... Panell lines...

As always, I used thread for vertical lines...

Than first rivets near panel lines...

Later I add other panel lines. For guide I used some books about Zero...

I start adding rivets on horizontal stabilizer also...

To be continued soon...
Old 11-27-2013, 12:59 PM
dmheil
My Feedback: (5)

Wow it looks really great. I have all of the parts already including the Meister fiberglass fuselage. This should save me some time. the Sierra landing gear is really nice too. I intend to use the DA-85 on mine. After all of the work you put into this aircraft are you sure you want to let it go? LOL

David
Old 12-27-2013, 03:33 PM
mirce

He, he, David...
One month ago I was sure that I want to sell Zero.
In mean time I made add, some modelers send me e-mails, but my biggest "sale problem" is shipping so huge model from Serbia. I can take model to Hungary and meet with buyer there, but sending so huge airplane from here is expensive and usually that is the end of all my sales...

Same story is with Zero, few modelers from Europe ask to buy model, but they are far away from Serbia and don't want to come closer here to pick up model...

I last few days I look my Zero... Man, model is so nice, I made so many details on it, have all parts, so maybe is David (from start of this post) right... Zero will stay in my hangar...

Yesterday I bring model back to workshop and continue to apply rivets on rudder and elevators...
So, here are few pictures...

For the end, check this "perversion"...

Happy New Year and all the best from Serbia

Mirce
Old 12-27-2013, 08:21 PM
hrrcflyer

Hello Mirce,

I hope you had a great Christmas. It's great to see you working on your Zero again. It's like your little Christmas present to the rest of us who enjoy watching another masterpiece being built..........

I wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

Take care,
David
Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 PM
ram3500-RCU

Pretty close buddy. Here is the full scale. If only we could get that pucker look. :-)

Name:	DSCN6898.JPG
Views:	813
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	1951895   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6899.JPG
Views:	839
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	1951896   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6905.JPG
Views:	828
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	1951897  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:26 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

I'm with you on the pucker look, always wondered why modelers sand their warbirds to perfection. I guess it's a habit.

Originally Posted by ram3500-RCU
If only we could get that pucker look. :-)

Old 12-28-2013, 11:47 AM
ram3500-RCU

Originally Posted by vasek
I'm with you on the pucker look, always wondered why modelers sand their warbirds to perfection. I guess it's a habit.
Yes. They were built in a hurry, and not with esthetics in mind. Just look at how the gear doors on this plane fit, or don't as the case may be. Also notice the extra hinge on the tip of the inner door to clear whatever is mounted on the center hard points.

Name:	DSCN6997.JPG
Views:	834
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	1952043   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6995.JPG
Views:	835
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1952044  

Last edited by ram3500-RCU; 12-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 PM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great Mirce. The Zero is a very good flyer. I had a 1/5 scale Dave Platt version many years ago and it flew like it was on rails.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:42 AM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Mirce,

It's bad enough that I have to page through all these awesome detail shots of your quality work and stir feelings of envy.....now you go and start posting shots of 911's...it's about all I can handle. Which one of those beauties is yours? I am digging on the black one. Is that red one the GT??? I got caught by an owner while I was combing over his late model targa top 911 the other day when filling up with gas....if I could only convince my wife it's a great idea to get one.

Mike
Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 AM
mirce

Hello my friends,

thank you for Christmas and New Year wishes...

I wish to all you all the best in new 2014, many great projects, nice flights and safe landings...

Garry thanks for pictures of real Zero. Man, it look so scrappy...
But, it was war and no time to take a lot of care about details and smooth surface.
Greetings to Brian and your family and all the best in New Year...

Steve I hope my Zero will fly same like yours...

Mike, what to say, if you was good this year, maybe Santa will bring one 911 or GT... Prepare big enough Christmas tree for New Year...

One more time, wish you all the best from Serbia

Mirce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.