Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need good hop-ups for Evader

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:33 PM
RCKenn44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need good hop-ups for Evader

OK recently i bought a used duratrax evader and i am searching for hop-ups better than what duratrax has to offer any idea's on where i could find some if there is even any?
Old 11-02-2004, 05:40 PM
aliens8mycow

Default RE: Need good hop-ups for Evader

You should post this question in the electric truck and buggy forum - you'll probably get more views and replies there.

I have an Evader ST myself, and have searched the world over to find available items that work with it and require little or no modification to make them fit. What kind of hop-ups are you interested in? Hopefully with some specifics, you'll get a few ideas on where to find stuff.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:41 PM
RCKenn44

just any kind of hop ups that aren't made by traxxas
Old 11-02-2004, 05:49 PM
aliens8mycow

I don't think Traxxas makes much for the Evader...
Old 11-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

i think traxxas makes only hop-ups for there trucks
Old 11-02-2004, 08:58 PM
aliens8mycow

Golden Horizons makes some aluminum suspension stuff for the Evader, and most of the suspension parts for the Losi XXT will fit too. Bodies for the losi trucks fit pretty close too.

It really depends on what you're looking for and how much retro-fitting you're willing to do.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:02 AM
RCKenn44

sorry bout the traxxas i meant duratrax i was reading an article on the revo and it just kinda got stuck in my head sorry for the mistake thanks i'll go check out what golden horizon it's not like i paid alot for it so i'm not really expecting much of a line of hop-up parts
Old 11-03-2004, 09:23 AM
aliens8mycow

Most of what Golden Horizons offers is aluminum suspension parts. Shock towers, front arms, hubs, and knuckle arms. The same parts are available from Duratrax also, but GH has them in silver as well as blue and purple.

Duratrax has a pretty extensive list of hop-up parts, though. All of the graphite Evader Pro parts will fit, and they make some hard anodized slippers, rear chassis plates, shock bodies, etc.

Also, the shock towers, susp. arms, shocks, front bumper, front hinge pin brace, and bodies from the Losi XXT will fit. Sometimes if you're searching for parts just to see what's out there, you'll find a wider variety made to suit the XXT. All the stuff that bolts on the rear end around the motor and tranny don't fit directly, though.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:26 AM
smashrepairs88

hey alien, u really are an alien
this is elec cars, buggies and trucks forum dude
Old 11-04-2004, 08:26 AM
aliens8mycow

You're right, smash - what's your point?

This is rckenn44's thread, and he still hasn't stated any details about what he wants, or even if his Evader is a truck or buggy, electric or nitro.

The Evader St is a truck, the BX is a buggy. Due to the fact that he posted in the electric forum, I assume it's electric, too.

Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:13 AM
RCKenn44

sorry guys i went away on vaca my evader is an electric st and i'm looking for anodized aluminum upgrades other than what duratrax makes
Old 11-12-2004, 07:15 PM
EdsWords

It would help if we knew if you were racing or bashing. I would recommend the following parts either way:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEF8&P=Z - To stiffen the rear suspension & motor

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEF9&P=Z - To tune your shocks valving

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEE0&P=Z - To stiffen up the front end of the truck

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEF0&P=Z - To stiffen up the front for better steering

I don't think aluminum parts will make your truck any better.

Of course a new set of ProLine Bow-Ties for the rear and Edges up front would make a big improvement over the stock tires.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:38 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

I don't think aluminum parts will make your truck any better.
...what?.... if ur bashin' graphite is total S-H-I-T!!!! it breaks if u hit anything!... yea 4 racing it might be better...but 4 bashin' aluminum is stronger & looks way better.... i'd go with aluminum to give it a nice look and some crazy bashin' power!!....