Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

I have no idea... right above it the rear lower arms are 39 dollars but then they're also posted at 126. I'm hoping that's just a mistake.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:27 PM
futabaed

Yeah thats a little high priced when tmaxx back alluminum arms are only 65$ pair on ebay
Old 04-14-2006, 11:56 PM
bluecaka69

hopefully its a misprint or something thats insane considering you can get a new truck almost for that price but the shocks are insane 58.20 a set a right
http://www.redcatracing.com/vehicle_...m?vehicle_id=2

how are they going to sell them lets see here i paid 199 for my tornado it has aluminum shocks
2 sets 116.40
engine 119.00
radio 59.99
that a grand total of 295.39 i think if you wreck your car so bad that you would need to to buy these expensive parts i personally would buy another car and have ton of parts from wrecked car get my drift for as cheap as there cars are pricewise they cant be trying to sell 120 dollar parts
just my .02
Old 04-15-2006, 12:21 AM
cocheese

Hey Entity, I did the Glow plug thing with the igniter and it did glow. But I am having a really hard time starting the truck, if I do get it started, I can keep it running. I did break the clutch spring and fixed it. I guess I just don't know how to tune these very well at all, even though I have a nice print-out of how to tune it. Man, I suck (but being patient and still having fun)
Old 04-15-2006, 12:29 AM
blackdogafd

hey guys!!

Well i had my first huge break down today!! i ran 4 tanks fulls of fuel through my HiMoto Syclone today and just started on the 5th when the engine made a funny sound and the buggy wanted to climb up my leg lol. the thing wouldn't stay running if i held it on the ground but the wheels would spin with no problem while holding it in the air...

found out that it broke the clucth spring for the first time in 1 1/2 quarts of fuel, i guess i just got lucky lol!! Going tomorrow and gettin the traxxas spring #4146x for it.

here's a few pictures of tear down..... enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97010.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	445562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66321.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	445563  
Old 04-15-2006, 02:01 AM
shadymarkny

My clutch springs broke, and I took the clutch out and sorta fixed the spings. I noticed its kinda lose.. but I didn't care, I put it back into the car and drove around for a day.. The clutch bell was so HOT that it melted the diff. gear set. Thats why I had to ordered a new sets.. Basically I found out that the clutch was engaging the bell the whole time and made it really hot. I was woundering why my car kept want to go foward even when I am holding on the break it was still going.. Damn so right now I am waiting for new clutch and new diff. gear sets to come..
Old 04-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Popper252

ORIGINAL: shadymarkny
I noticed its kinda lose.. but I didn't care, I put it back into the car and drove around for a day.. The clutch bell was so HOT that it melted the diff. gear set. Thats why I had to ordered a new sets...
Haha "oops" that sucks man.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 AM
naviuk

HI

I think Redcat racing has lost all sense? $77 for a alloy exhaust? are they NUTS! man i'd rather glue mine or better yet if i really needed one, get a different make, i stand to be corrected but i reckon even traxxas or HPI exhausts are cheaper then that!
Darin you need to do something about that, i'm almost 100% sure alittle while ago that exhust was like 40 or 30 or something like that but definetly not 77!!!

Cheers
ORIGINAL: DiTi

http://www.redcatracing.com/vehicle_...m?vehicle_id=6

is that a mistake or is it for real? I am not trying to be sarcastic, but it strikes me as odd: each aloy arm costs half the truck?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:08 AM
futabaed

Redcats Parts are outragous in price And should be reduced in price by about half would be fair on all alluminum and 15% lower on plastic
Old 04-15-2006, 02:09 AM
shadymarkny

These parts are useally the first thing to go.. I would buy a lot of these parts and keep it on the side.. I have 2 sets of everything after I waited 10 days for them... I can finally get my truck to run again! YEAH!!

#02013 rear axle holders
#02014 steering arms
#02015 door mounts
#08013diff gear wheel set part
Old 04-15-2006, 07:24 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Redcat see's what people want and keep breaking so now they will try to get as much $$$$ as they can from people. These cars are not worth the upgrades, they are worth less than $100 used. This forum was created by redcat to analize their consumers and make more money not to help people. They are hoping that since everyone wants aluminum parts they can get as much as possible for them. They never post (Darin) a fix or suggestion for any problems people are having.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:21 AM
pom08

but even they should know that knocking the prices for the upgrades that high people won't buy them. i WAS planning on getting a few things but now that the prices have jumped i'm not going to. it all boils down to supply and demand. people will pay that price and they know it, but not me.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:29 AM
DiTi

I think ehroof is right.
Redcat should not realy care for what they sell since they dont build it.... It is a chinese product. The chinese (in general, whatever the product) dont care who sells their products and under what name, as long as they sell. There is no such thing as an authorised dealer for a chinese product. They just sell. That is how Redcat exists while Himoto is older and sells the exact same cars. As a marketing tactic I think it is pretty succesful up to a certain point but after that it is very limiting because there is no critique on maters as quallity etc. And even if there is, it is pointless because Redcat has nothing to do with that. Redcat is just a checkpoint, just a sticker on the rc body's bumper and the actual factory of the cars does not realy care about redcat's complaints because remember? they still sell stuff to Himoto and will sell stuff to whomever asks them to. It is a vain circle in my opinion. However, if Darin was more eager to help and work things out, it would wor only for his advantage because customers would return...

The things I said about chinese marketing are things I have observed and shaped my opinion, they are not necesserily actual facts. If someone actually knows what is realy going on I would like to know more about the subject.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:52 PM
shadymarkny

wow.. The price did go up. I haven't checked it in a while but damn.. $77 for exhust?? that made me sick. Guys.. THATK GOD I bought them before the price went up. I have the upper plate, front and rear alum arms, alum exhust, univ shaft(2sets), alum links(3sets), alum engine planks and spend around $370.. Nots bad for all these parts. But now.. damn they are expensive now. Next week when my parts come in ill take a photo of my truck and up put it up.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:57 PM
stewtheman

Why does everyone want to criticize??? This forum is great when people ask questions and get helpful advice from people, but inevitably it always turns back to criticizing and over-analyzing Redcat. Do you guys think Darin wants to make money? Absolutely! Is that anything to be ashamed of? Absolutely not! That's why businesses are started. I struggle so much with these constant judgments and criticisms of guys like Darin who have been incredibly helpful. How about you spend half that time looking at yourself. I know I'll probably get blasted just like Xeller8 when he has stood up so many times for decency. I admire you, man! I'm just saying that if you don't like the price, don't buy it. And if their prices are truly outrageous (and I might agree with that) then nobody is going to buy their stuff and they'll be forced to lower them. That's how it works. I could go on and on about companies like Sony who sell everything for quite a bit more than your average company and who doesn't even put out that great of a product. Is that a reason for me to despise Sony? Of course not! If the people will pay the price (and obviously they do) then why wouldn't they sell it for that? I'm not saying Redcat is Sony. They obviously aren't even similar, but the concept is the same. No, I am not in any way connected to Redcat nor do I feel like I have to stay loyal to them. I just want people to be decent and realize that no one appointed them to be Redcat's #1 Unconstructive Criticizer.

Is that a reasonable perspective? You're more than welcome to disagree, but that's just the way I see it. Enjoy your trucks!
Old 04-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Popper252

I can easily see both sides of the argument. I mean honestly I would have never been able to get into this hobby if it weren't for the low cost that redcat sells these things at. I would have never been able to afford a 300 dollar car and then have to pay for the parts that are going to break on that thing. I'm def. pleased with my Tornado XP. Sure it's given me some heartache but so is any other car out there on the market. As for the price gouging on the aluminum parts I'm going to go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt and just hope those are typo's. And if they aren't, there will always be another way to get them from some other manufacturer. I know that with the exhaust specifically you could use other pipes that are already out there for much less money. I for one would love to see an overall increase in replacement part quality but untill then I'll find ways around it.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:44 PM
futabaed

Ok listen up Darin himself has posted he wants too hear both sides good or bad(read back in all his posts)
And it cracks me up everytime some new guy comes on here and tells us all "Can't we just get along"
This is one of the reasons for this forum so redcat can hear both sides about there product.
Its ok to post on somthing negitive just dont flame
And as for your comparison for sony/redcat that just cracked me up....
sonys a name brand product and can sell for more - Redcat is new to the market & needs to build a customer base hince this forum
So dont get your panties in a bunch this place is for good or bad, It is a forum.

When darin himself posted
He wants to hear all positive and negitive posts plain and simple fact is:

He needs to hear the parts are too damned high priced.
When hes not selling a name brand product but charging name brand prices on parts he needs to hear from us.
Plain and simple
Old 04-15-2006, 02:45 PM
shadymarkny

Yeah I see the point coming from both sides too. This is a hobby and if you really need it badly, You'll pay the price for it. I love my Volcano STX and I can't wait to get my alums parts in. I am also very lucky that I ordered and bought them before they came out and before the price when up. But the bottom line is that I really love my Redcat Volcano STX and I will stand behind their products even they are expensive. They strong cars for the price AS LONG as you are a GOOD driver. You can give a bad driver a best rc car out there and he is going to wreck it because he is bad driver. This is NOT a TOY.. Its serious stuff..

PS.. Next week I will put up my photos of my Vocano with all the alum parts on it!!
Old 04-15-2006, 04:01 PM
ehroof

Ok, let me explain myself. I have never broken any parts on my redcat cars, i have the tornado xp and the volcano stx. The only problems i am having is:
1. Stripped gears on both cars, more than once, all within 3 tanks of gas and yes i check engine bolts, gear mesh and make sure engine is square.
2. tornado xp hasnt shifted corrects since the day i got it, tried to adjust the shift point in every position(on 2 speed clutch).
3. People post their problems here and people like me try to answer them without selling products, there are a few people on the forum that bombard with sales, at least until i mentioned something.
4. Darin comes in and NEVER helps with any technical problems nor does he have someone here to help, people like me are his free tech support.
5. I too am a business owner but if i provide an inferior product with no customer service i would be out of business in a month. I pride myself and my business on quality products with professional installation. If i put in someones door and 2 days later it fell off and i told the people "go to the hardware store and put new hinges on it" i would be sued. You know what i do???? I go back and replace and repair whatever i need to satisfy that customer at no cost to them. Dont get me wrong, i am in business to make money but without happy customers i would no longer be in business.
6. If you look at all the redcat dealers pages you will see a policy that says if they ship you the wrong part they will replace it but you must pay for the shipping back to them!! why, they made the mistake not me, i paid for shipping already.
7. Redcat can come a promote a video game in the forum but not answer any questions.
8. I really like the hobby and have been doing it for more than 1/2 my life, over 20 years and really like to help people out.
9. If i or people like me didnt help all the people out having problems do you think these people would still love redcat?? Do you know what redcat said to someone on the forum about their radio system not working??? Let the glow plug cool down for a while!! what kind of support is that??? But yet they find the time and money to invest in a stupid video game.

Not to mention i still havent gotten an answer about the stripping gear problem yet. You can think what you want about me and my way of thinking, i just dont like what they are doing.

Sorry guys for being so repetitive but i just want people to understand where i am coming from.
Thanks
eddie
Old 04-15-2006, 04:25 PM
shadymarkny

I have striped the gears on my NTC3 2speed trany before too and HPI RS4 too.. things like this happens. You are right about their customer service and shipping. I agree that Redcat ships through DHL and it is the slowest shipping ever!! I wait 7 days for every part I order. I wish the Redcat dealer can speed up the shipping service.. I hate going through them to order that part.. Takes too long to get.. I buy parts from Tower Hobbies and I get it with in 3 days. Thats Fast !! REDCAT should think about speed up their shipping service. I am very angry about that!! I am still waiting on parts to come in and I track my shipping, It won't be here for another week!! Thats sucks!!

Old 04-15-2006, 04:36 PM
ehroof

shady, i have had my other cars for years and never stripped a spur gear in 3 tanks of gas. i have the rs4 3 evo and never stripped a gear period. The traxxas jato is 100x's the truck and i have never stripped a gear. I would understand after a gallon of fuel but not 3 tanks, its a joke. What about the clutch spring, that too is a joke, mine broke on the 1st tank of gas, breaking it in. Alot of the pieces of the car are substandard so they can sell it cheap but it will cost more in the longrun for parts. i was actually affraid of trying out the red cats today since i put new gear in but i got 1 tank in the tornado and 2 in the volcano and so far so good. I cleaned em up and put em away and broke out the jato and nitro mt and did some serious bashing. afer about 5 tanks each, i cleaned them up and put them away, nothing broke.

Try dennis a clearmontmotorsports.com he seems to have the parts in stock and i have always gotten my parts in less than 5 days as long as they come from him.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:04 PM
shadymarkny

Hmm.. I believe you man... I hope mine truck will last for a while.. I didn't want to spend another $400 bucks thats why I went with Redcat..
Old 04-15-2006, 09:36 PM
blackdogafd

hey guy's.... well i went to my LHS today and picked up a new clutch spring today... didnt get the traxxas one but i did get the MIP part# 3072, its used on the T-Maxx 2.5. came home installed it and i''l tell it was no easy thing either cause the spring is a little more heavy-duty so it will have a higher launch speed but got it on there, and put the syclone back together and outside i went.. lol

had to do more tuning cause the weather was a little chilly from yesterday but, got the idle figured out but by the time the tuning was done my glo plug charger died so back upstairs i went and to charge the starter..lol.. tomorrow is another day......
Old 04-16-2006, 12:21 AM
stewtheman

Guys, I understand your perspectives about the situation. I also understand that Darin asked for the good and the bad and I fully support all feedback that's given on the product. What I don't support or appreciate, and I don't think I'm alone on this one, is the unwarranted slander of Darin and his company. It's no one's job or responsibility to decide what someone else's motives are, besides the fact that it's impossible. So, I'm saying keep the feedback about the products and shipping times and customer service coming, good and bad, but keep your unfounded judgments to yourself. I'm pretty sure you guys appreciate when others give you the benefit of the doubt and aren't chomping at the bit to tear you to pieces.

Futabaed, I never said "can't we all just get along" but I'm willing to go with that. Oops! Did I just lose my macho status by expressing a desire to be at peace? Brand name or not, my Sony illustration was simply conveying the truth that the market dictates the price and if the market says no the price goes down, but if the market will buy it then the price stands. Once again, it's so easy to be all critical and shoot everything down and miss the point. And I do appreciate the reference to my panties. How'd you know???

Ehroof, I feel you, sort of. I fully support points 1, 2, 3, and 6. With the knowledge from points 4 and 9 I would say that Darin isn't the most well-versed individual in nitro trucks and perhaps that is why he doesn't offer very much of anything by way of technical assistance. Please keep in mind he's the president of two companies and may have other responsibilities other than faithfully visiting a forum, where he is regularly misrepresented and bashed, and answer technical questions. Your post makes it sound as if no one can own a nitro car company unless he's a hardcore hobbyist. Granted that's a plus, but I don't think it's by any means a necessity. About point 5, I doubt you'd replace that door if it fell off the hinges due to a football team using it as a tackling dummy. No, I understand the illustration but just don't think it applies very well to the nature of Redcat's products. I do feel that the service he's given to many people in this forum is indicative of the fact that he is indeed fixing a whole bunch of problems. Point 7 is irrelavent and merely a difference of opinion. Besides, Redcat has people like you to answer questions, right? And finally, I don't see why point 8 is a problem. That sound pretty good to me. Overall, you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself and for some reason it seems a little harder for others to reach that status.

Shadymarkny, did you ever stop to think that maybe Illinois is a little closer to New York than Arizona? If both companies shipped next day, your order from Tower would arrive about three days earlier everytime, regardless of the shipping service. My experience with DHL has been just as good as UPS or FedEx. I just may prefer DHL. You might look into www.anthonyshobbyshop.com (South Carolina) if you want somewhere closer to home. They truly are great there.

Blackdogafd, be sure and update us on your clutch spring upgrade. I have purchased the Traxxas replacement set and am excited about trying that. Actually, I haven't even received my truck in the mail yet but thought I'd upgrade that clutch right from the start based on what I've been hearing (CONSTRUCTIVE negative feedback).

I still would like to hear more people's takes and experience with airplanes fuels in their trucks (around 15% nitro and 18% oil content). Also, has anyone out there added headlights and taillights to their trucks? I've got some L.E.D.s on the way but I'm concerned about spending anytime on cosmetics only to have the body break immediately. Has anyone come up with ways to reinforce their stock body? Before I go, I did want to mention www.anthonyshobbyshop.com again. I have been very pleasantly surprised and pleased by their customer service and highly recommend them.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Popper252

As for reinforcing the body, this takes some time but what I did was line the inside of the body with duct tape. If you take your time and do it correctly so you don't get many wrinkles in the tape it actually comes out looking pretty decent. I have had some problems with my motor melting a little bit of the tape where it gets close to the body but nothing all too bad has come out of it. I think it's saved my body a few times because it gives it a little bit more resiliency. The led light kits are pretty cool, I believe someone has them on their truck and they look great. Check out the picture thread for that one. I wish I could help you with the fuel but I just use plain old 20%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.