Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

raptor going round and round

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

raptor going round and round

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 08:58 PM
georgexus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor going round and round

i had my raptor up last night for the very first time and it hovered but it was uncontrollable it kept going up but going round and round i kept playing with the rudder servo but it wasnt working quite good. i need some help on what went wrong or what im doing wrong. any input will be helpfull.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:47 PM
itsbent

I think the problem is that you need a living breathing human to get your Raptor set-up for you. The other solution is a nice big fat wallet. I know that I will get flamed for my response but that really is the bottom line.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:10 PM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Hey
If you do not have a "living breathing human" close by: get a book on how to setup and fly a helicopter (ray's heli manual seems to be quite nice)
The problem you are describing might easily be that the tail rotor servo is moving the wrong direction, which would mean that as much as you try to keep the heli in one direction the gyro gives the "right" signal, but the servo moves opposite to it.
Also right input on the stick for the tail means right AT THE NOSE OF THE HELI.
Last if you have been flying planes before, "forget" everything you learned and start from scratch!
Hope that helps
Old 02-20-2002, 11:50 PM
tisrich

It might be as simple as reversing the switch on your gyro. Look and see what it's set at and try reversing it.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:42 AM
itsbent

Anybody in or close to MIAMI FLORIDA that can help this poor guy?
Old 02-21-2002, 03:41 AM
pkranger

I had the same problem and as someone already mentioned it was the reverse switch on the gyro. Luckily I had the heli on a rotopod which lets the heli rotate even when its on the ground so no damage. There is also a great video about building and setting up a raptor. You can learn on your own but I have to agree, I wish there would have been somone around to give me a hand.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 02-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Skyking-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

A "right rudder" command should move the tail control rod FORWARD. If it moves it backwards your servo is reversed. Once you get that correct pick up the heli move the nose to the left the tail control rod should move FORWARD if it moves backwards find the reverse switch on the gyro and flip the switch. That will get your tail working as it should.
Terry
Old 02-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default raptor

I am in Miami Florida. I can take a look at it if he wants..

write me an email

[email protected]
johnny
Old 02-21-2002, 03:22 PM
wwnh.net

Maybe the battery is just low as this happens to mine . The 9253 servo needs more juice to work but other servos worked fine . When I get into hover it started going around with no rudder response. charge batteries and it worked.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:56 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Sounds to me like an improperly set gain value on the Gyro. On one end of the Gain spectrum the tail should wag and on the other end the Heli will spin around as described. Adjusting the gain until the wags stop is what many do to achieve solid hold power.If the linkage or reverse switch was set up wrong it would still function only in reverse.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:22 PM
Flying-Cowboy

If it was set up in reverse it would spin uncontrolably in one direction. As the gyro try's to corect itself it gives an input to the servo but since it's reversed it's going against itself untill it has full throw to one side. If it's a gain issue is will slowly spin. Or if he has the push rod set incorect, to long or to short it will also drift slowly. I think if he was able to still land it it was more of a gain issue. He probably has a cheap peizo gyro so his revo mixing could be out of wack too.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:26 PM
Skyking-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

well Georgexus, what was the problem and cure. We have offered several soultions that are all different to some degree. I t would be nice to know which it was or if it was something that we had not thought of.
Terry