Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

NX-15 Q

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
nma3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX-15 Q

hi, just bought a CT5, broke the engine NX-15 properly then tuned it, after then i noticed leaks of oil coming from the pull starter. i retightened the pullstarter mechanism, but still oil leaks out. checked the O-rings, seems OK and now used some thin gasket on the mechanism but still out of luck. i cant overtighten the bolts (phillips screws) 'cause the screw head seems to give way (or i might not pull it out later) and i cant change the philip screws with hex (hex head wont fit into the hole). am i missing something here? tips will be appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 PM
cen123

Default RE: NX-15 Q

Do you mean the string on the pullstart gets covered with oil?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
CEN Racing

check your exhaust gasket make sure it is not ripped. if it is ripped it may be leaking form there and since it is right above the pull start it may look like it is coming from the pull start.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:50 PM
nma3

it isnt ripped. to make it more snugly fit, i fitted the exhaust port groove with silicone rubber before inserting the gasket.
today i run my CT5, and now get a small idea. holding the car in one hand while revving it up, i noticed when i open the throttle, some smoke comes out of the exhuast port while some come out of the pipe itself. i rechecked the exhaust gasket and made sure it isnt not ripped and sure its fit and perfectly smooth but cant understand why in the world it keeps on puffin smoke in the port while revving...geeze, guess i need to change another gasket.