Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

(SPECIAL EDITION)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 AM
ol_seabee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (SPECIAL EDITION)

Hi folks,

Just wondered if anybody was familiar with an engine that my friend described to me over the phone.

He picked it up in a trade deal and doesn't know much about it.

He said it's an O.S Max .61 with a gold head and (special edition) stamped on the mounting flange.

It has a side exhaust.

The "61" is marked on the exhaust port side and "(special edition)" is marked on the mounting flange on the other side along with O.S MAX on the casing.

We think it's similar to the SF series. It's an ABC motor.

The carburetor has the Low speed mixture screw on the same side as the High speed needle and it (low speed screw) has an elongated head held in place with a flat metal U clamp.

Any help is appreciated[8D]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: (SPECIAL EDITION)

You are asking about an O.S. Max .61 FSR ABC Special Edition. This was a limited-production re-release of the .61 FSR in the 80's, after the .61 FSR had been discontinued.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Capt Lou

Ol:

I have this engine in an Astro Hog Biplane. Bax described it as I remember the engine when I bought it. My engine is great. Idles well, has power and is very dependable in flight. When O.S. put it out, it released it as a limited edition engine. It was expnesive for its time and I have never seen it advertised since then so I assume O.S. has not re-intrduced it. I still have the manual. If it ever came out again, I would buy another just to keep it in my inventory.

Capt Lou
Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM
tuskegee pilot
My Feedback: (37)

What is the engine worth new in the box???
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Bax

Ask a seller. We don't have prices for old, discontinued engines. We are not a reseller.

Also, this was asked on another thread. Please do not make multiple postings of a question. That's against RCU rules. Thank you.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:00 PM
tuskegee pilot
My Feedback: (37)

What is the optimum needle valve setting on a os 70 fs low end sea level conditions.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Bax

There isn't a number anyone can give you. You have to find the setting based upon how the engine is being run. Usually, a high-speed needle will wind up between 2 turns out and 1-1/2 turns out from closed, depending upon the fuel and propeller used, and the day's current air temperature and humidity.