Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Precision Cut Kits

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Precision Cut Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
chapi07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Precision Cut Kits

Hello , I am a spanish builder.

I just received the full wood kit of wendell hostetler 's bucker jungmeister. I did the purchase the 11/21/2007. I talked with Larry before and he said the kit is in stock. The 11/24 He did the payment, and the 11/26 he shipped the kit. I think they are very fast in the shipping.

I am very happy with the quality of the kit. It seems like a Top-Flite or another commercial kit. I think is a great enterprise, and I am very happy to deal with.

I am sorry , but I had a GREAT, GREAT experience, at last, a buyer that has a lot of purchases, can be a mistake, but in my own NO !!

Thank you for your attention and excuse by my poor english
David Merchan
Old 12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
laserlizard
My Feedback: (29)

For those that wish to read some recent customer comments about Laser Lizard, see the following post of happy customers. Any questions for Laser Lizard, pm me , or post here. I am glad to answer any questions or comments. I have not been keeping up very well with RCU posts for a few months because I have been so busy. I am back on RCU post reading duty now.

Happy customer fresh postings at end of this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6743834

Thanks

Jesse Wilkins
Owner
www.laserlizard.com

Old 12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
laserlizard
My Feedback: (29)

Thank you for the compliment, Sam.

- Jesse Wilkins
Owner
Laser Lizard
www.laserlizard.com

Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 PM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

Jesse with Laser Lizard has always done a good job for me. I've had him cut a Ziroli P-61,P-38, Staggerwing, Corsair, and a Smith B-17. Good service and product.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Karl G

For my first laser cut short kit I decided to use www.laserlizard.com. Jesse provided me with a great short kit for the Dave Platt FW-190.It was at my door in under 3 weeks.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Jesse, you're welcome. You absolutely earned it. When I look at the detail and precision you put into my Hurricane kit, I am very impressed. Not only the accuracy of the cutting, but all of the building information you etch into the peices. Absolutely gorgeous. When I finally get it done I'll send you a pic or two.
Sam
PS Do you have an alternate wood supply now that Lonestar burnt down?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:44 AM
wayne1965

hey guys let me stop every one there!!!!!! if you want a kit cut you really want to try jesse at laser lizard i have had numerous kits cut by him and they always been on the ball , i speak as i fined he is very reasonable with pricing lets face it everyones got to earn a living, before i knew of him through my friends recommendation i used the aeroplane works let me tell you they were expensive and also pck and those clowns half the bits were missing! if you have a problem just give the man a call and he will sort it thats what he is there for, if its a little problem try and over come it your self and you will fined it will make you a better modeler or failing that go get a A.R.F one thing i hate is people running some one in the ground when its unjustified if you cant build dont model then you cant moan at probaly your own cock ups [sm=punching.gif]
Old 12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
jhunter
My Feedback: (20)

Jesse at Lazer Lizard cut me a Ziroli Skyraider short kit within 2 days of my placing the order, parts fit was exacttly to the plans with good quality wood. No need to go anywhere else, nuff said?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I'm closing down this thread. With all the comments about other laser cutters this thread has gone way off it's original topic.

Ken
Old 03-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Avadon77

I guess I shouldn't be to surprised to read some criticism of PCK. I ordered a Bronco about a year ago from Larry and it took impressively long to get. I think about 6-8 weeks. A blind man could have chewed the kit out faster with this teeth. The fact that the website looks like it's out of 1992 is very unimpressive to me and it's sketchy the way you have to pay by form and not by paypal or some other way with your credit card. When your kit comes you get a credit processing slip so he's doing this a painfully old fashioned way. I hate when people try to do this just to save a few bucks on processing fees. It's very annoying to the customer. I haven't built the bronco but it looks like a decent kit. Throughout this purchase he was very slow to respond to email, sometimes days to get back to me so he clearly doesn't check email daily. And I had to keep asking for the tracking.

I guess I decided I'd give it another go and ordered an ag-cat from PCK, mainly because you can't get it from anywhere else. Well after waiting about 6 weeks I email him for a status update. He tells me there was a problem with my credit card submission and they never got the expiration date on my credit card. I asked him why wasn't I notified immediately. He had no answer for this. But clearly he dropped the ball and I just waited 6 long weeks for nothing. I asked if he had started the kit and he said because there was this problem in processing nothing had been started. Obviously I was aggravated. But he assured me they'd start now that they had the expiration on my credit card. Why he didn't email or call in those six weeks asking for my complete billing info is beyond me. Horrible sales processing obviously. So here we are 12 weeks later and he responds to my 2 email (first he didn't respond to) asking how long till it ships and he tells me it's shipped already. But he doesn't mention any tracking so I have to reply to get the tracking. I feel like I'm having to beat the guy to do his friggin job. I shouldn't have to feel this way as a customer and I certainly shouldn't have to ask twice about where the kit is at nor what the tracking is. I'm just praying I get the kit and that it's not a total mess. I want to cut all ties with this company and never buy from them again. I was a fool to think that because the first experience was so-so that it might be better second go around. Nope! It's worse the second go around. I should have read this thread before going back.

I should add one last thing. When I asked Larry in one email why it takes so long to get the orders completed he told me it's because they send the kits out for cutting. I don't know if that's routine or not, but it just seemed very odd to me. Like you call yourself "Precision Cut Kits" but you don't do the cutting in house? That seems rather ridiculous. If I knew that was the case I would have just gone to another shop who does their own cutting and I'm not dealing with a middle man.

Update March 3/13/16:
I finally got a response from Larry PCK after waiting many days and sending two different emails just to find out what is happening and where the kit is. Finally got an email with tracking and the package is just a day from my house. Why can't they just send an email with tracking when they ship each kit. It's not like they're doing that many kits in any given day. Even ebayers manage to manually upload tracking to each customer, sometimes for as little as a few dollar sale. But no I have to harass the guy just to find out if I'm getting my kit. And as for the kit I just hope the kit is not destroyed and looks more or less complete as it's not like I'd risk a return or a refund. He has you wait so long (in my case about 3 full months - I ordered early december) that one wonders if you could even do a chargeback with the bank after so long should nothing ever show up.

Too risky to do business this way. I simply can't buy from him again.

Update: April 4/2/16
Yes that's right april. I've been dealing with this since I purchased the kit in very early December of 2015. So if you order something expect it can take months from these people. But I finally got the plans for the biplane I ordered. $70 dollars for 3 small sheets of plans. Just ridiculously overpriced!! But what can you do. I had already paid $450 for a full kit of the biplane and that $450 doesn't include plans so I was stuck. Had to buy the plans. If the $70 for 3 rather small sheets isn't bad enough, I saw they charged me $22.08 for shipping and handing for this tube through UPS. They could have shipped this light tube for a few dollars through media mail and even insured and tracked it. Why 22$ for 3 sheets of paper is crazy to me.

Needless to say that this is one of the worst buying experiences I've had in model aviation and I will never, ever go back, even if they have my dream airplane. I'd rather scratch build from someone else's plans then give them another cent. Too painfully long of a process to get an overpriced product that is simply average at best.

Last edited by Avadon77; 04-03-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It had been posted several times that PCK had closed there doors and were no longer taking orders. Over the years there were so many complaints posted on the different sites even if he was still cutting kits I know no one that would have ordered from him. I only used him once and that was enough for me. Never did get the missing parts I was promised.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:12 PM
kgbetal

Hi. I have just ordered a Ziroli P-47 92 inch from Zirolis own website and they have told me that Precision Cut Kits are going to cut this kit for me (full wood). I hope i get all the parts as i live in New Zealand which is a long way away and i really don't want to be asking for replacement parts!
Old 12-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Avadon77

Originally Posted by kgbetal
Hi. I have just ordered a Ziroli P-47 92 inch from Zirolis own website and they have told me that Precision Cut Kits are going to cut this kit for me (full wood). I hope i get all the parts as i live in New Zealand which is a long way away and i really don't want to be asking for replacement parts!
Yikes. If I were you'd I'd contact Ziroli and cancel the order if Precision Cut Kits is going to be involved. Especially if you were not notified before hand they were going to be the cutter. If they refuse to refund you I'd highly suggest you go to your bank and do a charge back. I say this not because I have any ill will towards these companies but because they drag customers through the mud to get their kits. If you read my experience above you'll understand why. I can almost guarantee you'll be waiting 4-6 months for the kit, pay too much for it, not get tracking when it ships and be totally in the dark about the progress the whole time. Make sure you know whether or not you're getting plans with the kit because a lot of the "Full Kits" do not include plans.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:27 AM
kgbetal

I did eventually get my kit from precision kit cutters but it took about a two weeks longer than they said it would. I told Nick Ziroli kits that I needed the kit and parts before March the 3rd 2017 as I was going overseas for 3 1/2 months (family holiday in Japan, Spain and Austria) the kit arrived 2nd of March! USPost was amazing it took 1 week to get to New Zealand but then 1 week to get customs clearance in NZ �� Didn't get a chance to check the kit. So hopefully it's all there!
Old 12-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Robertoboksamy

Default Larry pck ( don smith)

Hello, a little late my comment
my experience with larry (don smith)

very profecional work, p 47 122 ", 3 boxes, (large)
2 box Wood,1box cowlin and canopy

sometimes they depend on other factories,
like the cowlin or canopy

I get everything in about 60 days it is usually time
perfect packing and cuts of Wood
, freight very chesp and fast postal prioritary usa
conclusion very happy , and I want to buy a b 25 now

I forgot: I'm from Chile 🇨🇱,
I recommend the store

check

roberto / Santiago /chile