Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

CT Racing......Now Open.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
oldschool77
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CT Racing......Now Open.....

I can see it now MOO-AHAHAHA!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
jombo

did you get the savage on ebay , i see a nice pic of the savage there
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 PM
oldschool77

That is the body I have wanted...mounted on a Sav. here are the actual pics.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM
oldschool77

Should I pick up his 2 gallon through Hyper .28?

I trust JomboHobbies motors better though...figured the parts may be worth it for a couple extra. I PM'd the seller on working out a deal on a roto starter and this motor in another auction.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:31 PM
oldschool77

I got it for a super deal so i jumped. He also has a sweet LRP which is a beast but he wasnts alot for it.

Aside from a powertrain I probably need to refill/drain the diffs and see what kind of condition the gears are in. If it is the stock Hitec like I am sure it is, I may buy your synthesized radio Jombo as well.

I need a motor/pipe/motor mount/coupler/linkages/backplate for roto/rotostart/fuel filter/air filter/flux capacitor.

I am not wild about the side plates...the better Savage X plates are dirt cheap on ebay.

Shock oil/keep my proline street tires from the maxx or pickup some 40 series/BigJoes

I am not going to get head of myself but I finally feel good about getting a solid easy to tune truck.

What do you think?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: oldschool77

I am very happy now...this truck is actually better then the first because I have a much better suspension with all 8 Integy (I know Integy blows but there suspension/springs are actually very good) and some things like the three speed (and orig. 2 speed), radio, beefed up servos that are a good starting point. Now I don't have to make as much on the T-maxx to break even or pay for the mods I had.
Is that you that bought the Savage then on that auction. Congrats if so.... Any ideas for what engine you would like?

I think the Savage is a killer truck. The only thing I will do in the future is a better steering servo, that's it! Maybe a tuned pipe also for alittle mor performance.

Hitec receivers can be used with Futaba tansmitters, so why not use your current radio?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
oldschool77

The PCM/FM radio will not work with a failsafe....Futaba support told me straight up PCM scrambles the modulation as you know and my throttle servo goes limp. AM/FM does not have this problem. The radio is almost 18 years old...not surprised or pissed. Already went on ebay Monday.

Yes I got it...lolz...me and my Manwagon77 id...

The steering servo from what I read gets.21 transit on 6volts and 107 oz. of torque. Is that a little low or are there better servos for the job? OttoHobbies has a few i am sure. I'll put it on my tab with him!

Otto has a few ported/polished .28 blocks and I expressed my interest in one for a Savage should I find a roller. Although I didn'tneed a 3 speed it has one so drivetrain should be covered!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
oldschool77

HPI truck like tuned pipes or resonators? My Tmaxx should have a res. but I bought a tuned pipe cause i didn't know any better at the time.

Congrats on 2500 posts btw X!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
oldschool77

Should I pick up his 2 gallon through Hyper .28?

I trust JomboHobbies motors better though...figured the parts may be worth it for a couple extra. I PM'd the seller on working out a deal on a roto starter and this motor in another auction.
What about this...at the very least for the roto parts/other stuff?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
oldschool77

Hey X...which Savages have the cool LED powermeter built into the radio tray? that is some trick stuff!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
jombo

so everything in the first picture came with the truck so you will need a pipe , radio, engine , i think you may need a clutchbell i am currently using the 15 tooth on the xtm 28. it looks like he is using the x tranny case that will make changing spures alot easier. i have the engine, radio, and a couple of diff gears if those are shot, sorry dont have a pipe fot the beastwhat else do you need for it besides those 2 things.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
oldschool77

Motor mount, linkages for the motor, air filter, cb probably...

Scope out his motor that this roller had. I need alot of stuff on that motor and I can either sell or keep the block. X said the servo may suck but it has 107 tq and a relatively low transit time on 6v with metal gears.

What do you think?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
The Hedgehog

Hey X...which Savages have the cool LED powermeter built into the radio tray? that is some trick stuff!
Lol no clue man, mine is technically "outdated" ha ha but I love it and don't need anything more.

Just so you know the way I bashed last Sunday was pretty much the hardest I ever have I don't know what came over me ha ha, just wanted to show of I guess. Plus oyu can see first hand what the tuck can take!

Ha yeah I didn't know if that was your username on Ebay, I am way into selling stuff on ebay now to break even (even though I never will) on hobby spending money. Great feedback!

Not sure on that engine, to tell you the truth I haven't kept up to date with monster truck engines, its worth looking around I mean I got my engine for 50 bucks brand new never used, so maybe ou can get a deal like that. I have a pull starrt for the Savage if you ever need it...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
oldschool77

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Lol no clue man, mine is technically "outdated" ha ha but I love it and don't need anything more.

Just so you know the way I bashed last Sunday was pretty much the hardest I ever have I don't know what came over me ha ha, just wanted to show of I guess. Plus oyu can see first hand what the tuck can take!

Ha yeah I didn't know if that was your username on Ebay, I am way into selling stuff on ebay now to break even (even though I never will) on hobby spending money. Great feedback!

Not sure on that engine, to tell you the truth I haven't kept up to date with monster truck engines, its worth looking around I mean I got my engine for 50 bucks brand new never used, so maybe ou can get a deal like that. I have a pull starrt for the Savage if you ever need it...
Haha...a buddy of ours lost his pullstart back in Indian Ledge!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 PM
jombo

looks like you need a engine mount too, when you get the truck look it over and see what else is missing i may have some parts for it. if it dosent have a good steering servo i have the hitec 565mg i think in mine and turns the tires just fine on the ground.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
oldschool77

You boys want the GPM chassis plates?

The X look much nicer plus I am a bit of a loser...the truck doesn't match the purple anno so it will drive me nuts a bit.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
oldschool77

Should I buy his motor?

Looks like the pipe is a dual chamber jobby from the X as well.

Has a CB and filter too.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 PM
oldschool77

At 6 volts the steering servo pumps out 133 oz. tq...I should be fine with that!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
oldschool77

Hmmm some last posts were erased...
Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 PM
The Hedgehog

Lol yeah, and as for the GPM plates, yeah I would feel the same way if they were anodized blue. If they are in good shape pop them back on ebay?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:31 PM
oldschool77

Exactly. Found a fleabay guy with all the parts I need.

To get it rolling on top of the roller/motor cost...about $75 plus shippng which isn't bad at all. With my jombohobbies motor the truck will be pretty sick for about $300 with a few x parts and a solid suspension, 3 speed which I may actually like and some other decent upgrades. Saved some scratch! I am like you X, I don't need all the bells/whistles but not having to worry about upgrading and just having fun is all I want for this truck. I think racig takes more dedication/wrenching then I may have originally estimated so this truck should fit the niche perfectly!

Jombo...shoot my a PM and tell me about the motor you have so I can find the right pipe/plate/mount later.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:54 PM
oldschool77

They have alluminum plates that have purple annodized flames on the leading edge. THey look awesome but cost $50. Don't need 'em that bad!

I can't find your motor anywhere!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 PM
The Hedgehog

Yeah I checked on ebay myself, none are for sale right now. It is outdated so demand is pretty low which is why I got mine for about 40-50 dollars a year and a half ago. I was happy with that!

I should have my St-1 broken in by Friday, but the wing mount will take another week to arrive. If my parts for the mini don't come in by Friday I will run nitro and test the ST-1 out.

Are you going to be able to make it on Friday Matt?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
oldschool77

I will see about Friday...not sure just yet and since Sundays are out for a while in Fairfield I will make an effort to either bash a bit if we do the Sunday thing again or the Smartech is ready to go. The Savage will obviously need at least 2 weeks (partly so I get the cash together for the parts) but also there are 3 sources I am getting the goodies from. I would run the street Tmaxx tires but they actually look a bit small. If this thing hauls well enough I would love some fat Big Joes on 40 series lolz and I can paint them black with the grave robber body. The SMartech started right up after a minute of getting the fuel flowing...but noob Matt put the Smartech diff in backwards like a tool so I have to take an hour to fix it all again. Funniest thing was starting it and the truck went nowhere! Lifted it...was like it had two personalities. I stole the tmaxx turnbuckle till the Smartech one comes in later. That silly truck is so dependable...hope the HPI is even half as good.

IS teh HPI .28 a high compression motor? Is it hard to use a pull start on?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
The Hedgehog

I will see about Friday...not sure just yet and since Sundays are out for a while in Fairfield I will make an effort to either bash a bit if we do the Sunday thing again or the Smartech is ready to go. The Savage will obviously need at least 2 weeks (partly so I get the cash together for the parts) but also there are 3 sources I am getting the goodies from. I would run the street Tmaxx tires but they actually look a bit small. If this thing hauls well enough I would love some fat Big Joes on 40 series lolz and I can paint them black with the grave robber body. The SMartech started right up after a minute of getting the fuel flowing...but noob Matt put the Smartech diff in backwards like a tool so I have to take an hour to fix it all again. Funniest thing was starting it and the truck went nowhere! Lifted it...was like it had two personalities. I stole the tmaxx turnbuckle till the Smartech one comes in later. That silly truck is so dependable...hope the HPI is even half as good.

IS teh HPI .28 a high compression motor? Is it hard to use a pull start on?
No clue, I have the .25 and have always use a rotostart. even if it is high compression you can get over it, my Thunder Tiger was tough at first bet then you get it going.

I have done similar with the diff on my little RC18b, after reinstalling all the gears and diffs the front wheels would turn backwards and the backs forwars, looked pretty funny though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.