RCU Forums - View Single Post - CT Racing......Now Open.....
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CT Racing......Now Open.....

ORIGINAL: oldschool77

I will see about Friday...not sure just yet and since Sundays are out for a while in Fairfield I will make an effort to either bash a bit if we do the Sunday thing again or the Smartech is ready to go. The Savage will obviously need at least 2 weeks (partly so I get the cash together for the parts) but also there are 3 sources I am getting the goodies from. I would run the street Tmaxx tires but they actually look a bit small. If this thing hauls well enough I would love some fat Big Joes on 40 series lolz and I can paint them black with the grave robber body. The SMartech started right up after a minute of getting the fuel flowing...but noob Matt put the Smartech diff in backwards like a tool so I have to take an hour to fix it all again. Funniest thing was starting it and the truck went nowhere! Lifted it...was like it had two personalities. I stole the tmaxx turnbuckle till the Smartech one comes in later. That silly truck is so dependable...hope the HPI is even half as good.

IS teh HPI .28 a high compression motor? Is it hard to use a pull start on?
No clue, I have the .25 and have always use a rotostart. even if it is high compression you can get over it, my Thunder Tiger was tough at first bet then you get it going.

I have done similar with the diff on my little RC18b, after reinstalling all the gears and diffs the front wheels would turn backwards and the backs forwars, looked pretty funny though!