Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 12x.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 12x.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default JR 12x.

The manual for the forthcoming JR 12x is now available:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...Resolution.pdf

After an initial read my brain (?) is hurting ! This system is MUCH more compolicated than a Boeing FMCS !

Exraordinary piece of Gucci kit !

Regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 12x.

Available mid May.....they are saying.......
Old 04-27-2008, 08:13 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my, the Table of Contents is 10 pages long. The entire manual is 192 pages. My 10X is looking pretty good right now.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Mi-25

Hi David,
I have been waiting for the 12x for a long time now - I really hope it lives up to my expectations. Only thing that's worrying me a little is the negative feedback I have heard about the 2.4Ghz system....
btw - the new 747 'Dash 8' might have a more complex FMCS than the one you know - so standby!
cheers/Leon
Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 AM
bigbaggy

ORIGINAL: Mi-25

Hi David,
I have been waiting for the 12x for a long time now - I really hope it lives up to my expectations. Only thing that's worrying me a little is the negative feedback I have heard about the 2.4Ghz system....
btw - the new 747 'Dash 8' might have a more complex FMCS than the one you know - so standby!
cheers/Leon
I haven't had one problem with Spektrum. I have put in BVM F-4, F-100D, Super Bandit, Trex 450 600, 3 park fliers. Just helped a buddy put a Spektrum rx in a KingCat awesome reception, very very low signal losses. Another convert, an all FliteMetal BVM Mig 15 has nothing but success and the data logger shows excellent reception.

It's good to go!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:04 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

The manual for the forthcoming JR 12x is now available:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...Resolution.pdf

After an initial read my brain (?) is hurting ! This system is MUCH more compolicated than a Boeing FMCS !

Exraordinary piece of Gucci kit !

Regards,

David Gladwin.
ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

I do believe that an accurate and comprehensive manual is in the best interest of the users, the dealers and JetCat themselves.

We will see what happens !

Regards,

David.

P.S. Hope my new 12x comes with a comprehensive and accurate manual and not just a 10x manual !!

David,

Be careful what you wish for.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 AM
AirPac Models

I just got a Japanese version 12X. It's very easy to use. You almost do not need the manual, if you use 9093 and 10X before. It's more like a 9093 (9x II) with 12ch. However, it's not 2.4G. No 2.4G for Japanese version yet.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Gordon W

Thanks for the pointer David. At last, a Tx which will sequence gear doors without needing an after-market sequencer

The next thing required to go with this sytem though has to be a 12-channel version of the JR 922 Multilink Rx which incorporates a redundant battery system and will operate on 3.5V - 10.0V. The advert below appears in the June 2008 Fly R/C mag. So far I haven't found anything about it on the Horizon website. Has anyone any idea if a 12-chan version is going to be released?

Gordon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18302.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	938300  
Old 04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
David Gladwin

Leon, The 747-800 will never affect me, too old now, so not worried on that account !!
Sorry to hear you have had negative feedback on 2.4 (what have you heard) my two models with Spektrum (with a third about to be converetd with a 9100 Rx , ( or is that 4 !) have been perfect just as Bags describes. Stll not a single frame lost in flight.

Craig, I am MUCH happier with a decent manual such as JR have produced so I know where to go for the info I need. The JetCat Germany manual STILL does not describe the failsafe system which EVERY operator should know backwards.

Gordon, didnt spot the gear sequencer but I did spot that the trim will move at the same rate as the flaps when the flap system in use. Didn't even know of the existence of the Multi Link Receiver but it looks, functionally, very like the Spektrum 9100 which I have just bought. Agree a 12 channel is needed which should include a built in regulator so that a stable 6 volts, or less, is supplied to the servos allowing the use of lipos or A123s without external regulators.

We are just so fortunate to have such amazing equipment, available, I still remember my original Flight Link sytem, two analogue channels, with push button throttle control and super-regen transmission and a new Skyleader 6 channel digital superhet which was real space age stuff ! !

Regards, David.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

They have a 12 channel version for the heavy duty users 1222 is the model number.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are just so fortunate to have such amazing equipment, available, I still remember my original Flight Link sytem, two analogue channels, with push button throttle control and super-regen transmission and a new Skyleader 6 channel digital superhet which was real space age stuff ! !
Wow - it's been a whlie since I heard the name "Skyleader". My first ever RC kit was a "Skyleader SLX Proportional" 6 channel radio with 4-wire Kraft servos and a centre-tapped battery. A few years later all that remained of ithat system was the TX case and sticks, as I ripped out the innards and replaced them with "Micron PL7D" - the DIY TX & RX system from the RCM&E mag.

Boy, I guess I just aged myself...
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
David Gladwin

You have aged yourself Gordon, but I must be older since I still HAVE my Skyleader, and it still works even tho I dont use it !

Thanks on that Ron, but does it have regulators to provide the 6 volts ?

Regards,

David.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Gordon W

Just looked at the www.jrradios.com website and found the R1222 Rx. It does appear very similar to your Spektrum one David.

Regarding your comment about regulators, does the servo voltage output on the 9100 equal the Rx input volts? ie if you put 10V on the Rx, do the servos see 10V too? If so, it's hard to see the advantage of such a wide operating voltage range.

Believe it or not there are TWO more manuals for this outfit besides the basic operating manual. One is an applications guide with specific programming setups for acro, heli and glider.

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...Resolution.pdf

In a quick flip through I found a detailed step-by-step programming guide to setting up dual flap servos with elevator compensation, a delay to smooth the transitions between flight regimes, and if needed, auto land to control the landing flaps with throttle. There's also a blow-by-blow account of setting a throttle-controlled smoke system to vary flow rate with throttle setting. I'll never use that but I guess it'll help to make the smoke tank last longer. Clearly there'll be a lot more advice - the glider section has hints on flap/servo linkage for instance.

The second is a simple quick-start guide http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...rt_GuideHR.pdf which seems a tad basic for this outfit!!

It's good to find all this advanced info available. The 12X is definitely a must-have for me.

Gordon
Old 04-28-2008, 04:17 AM
David Gladwin

Yes Gordon, the voltage in = the voltage out which is why I suggest an internal voltage regulator(s) at least thats what happems on the 9100 which , as you allude to, has a max voltage of 10v . JR servos aren't rated at 10 v and in fact I can't find JR actually stating that 5 cell packs (7v off charge) are OK hence my use of regulators to a value below 6v. The Spektrum regulators offered for the 9100 have a stable voltage suitable for servos but a relatively low current ability.

I do know from my Weatronics data logging that even conventional setups can draw quite high currents , albeit briefly.

Really pleased to see the new flap /elevator trim system, in a meeting with Horizon at Deland about ten years ago I placed this high on my wish list. The 10sx was then the current radio and was disappointed to find that they had not incorporated it on the 10X.

Looks to be a wonderful device tho. I have a couple on order.

Just printed off the manual for my bedtime reading, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

How I envy you having Chivenor to fly on !

best regards,

David.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Mi-25

David, just joking about the -8's FMCS - won't be very different from the new 777-300ER I believe...don't know if I ever thanked you for all the great flying stories we discussed in Ireland!
I'm really glad to hear you say good things about the 2.4 system. I can't quote anything specific - just a general 'vibe' I got reading various posts in RCU - crashes where the pilots never seem to blame themselves - always something else like the radio system??
I will place one on backorder sometime soon......
best regards,
Leon
Old 05-18-2008, 03:19 PM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello Friends:

I am thinking in change my JR 10x for the new 12X. But I want to know same things.

Can I change this radio to 35mhz system for use the receivers in 35 ??? (can I put the antenna for the 35 ? )

Can I use this radio in Europe ??? (I think so)

Which batteries is inside ???

Can I use Li-po batteries in the R1221 receiver ???

The radio is possible to buy in mode 1 (throttle in the left) and them you can change the mode ??? Ailerons at right or left ??? (I fly with the ailerons in left)

The final price is 1499,99$ ??? ( in the Horizon Hobby´s web )

http://searchrc.horizonhobby.com/ind...d=119FDA9B99D1

When I could to buy it ???

Regards from Spain and many thanks in advance.

Carlos.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

THe JR 12X is available in a 2.4g dedicated or a module based system. The problem is the module system IS NOT compatible with any older modules, but a 12X specific module.
The logic behind it is that for US market it is on 72MHZ synth, so it has model match prior to transmision just as the 7202 built in synthesized TX.

I was told they would not make any HAM modules for it, If the european market of 12X will support your 35mhz then you may be OK but it most likely will be synthesized with model match.

Once I learned this I just stuck with the 9303 module type and added on a Spektrum 2.4g module, and a Robbe FASST 2.4 module, then I can still use older JR modules on 72mhz and 53mhz.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:31 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi cmjet,

As C/F said:
No 35 Mhz module so far. Graupner MX24 module compatibility to be confirmed. The guys who should have the answer are available here http://www.macgregor.co.uk/radio/12X.htm#pageTop ( European importer ) or check with Ali. I'm pretty sure he'll have one of the very first available in the UK.
The mode 1 version will be available in a few months. DO NOT BUY A MODE 2 expecting to modify it to mode 1. It won't work.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRP12101
Tx batteries are new LiIon 2000mAh if I remember well. Still below the amazing NoBs NiMh 2700 mAh.
http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html
Old 05-19-2008, 04:07 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

O.k. friends

I will ask to Ali or MacGregor.

I will tell you the answer.

Regards.

Carlos.

http://cmjets.blogspot.com/