Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitro Planes

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Flynow1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Planes

10/04/08

I was all set to order a plane, motor and ESC. After reading this list of complaints, damaged parts, missing or wrong parts I'll just have to pass.
You paid for what you get , in this case little or no customer service
Flynow1
Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

Default RE: Nitro Planes

I totally agree. Not bashing Nitroplanes or anything - as there 50cc planes are half the cost of the "higer end" guys, but when you get a plane that you can't even put together without some serious fixing and modifications.

The Yak that I just received had the motor box all screwed up - with little or no glue on the motor box and many other areas had almost no glue.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the wrong plane being shipped. I've been building and flying planes for quite some time and I knew it was a gamble with such a low price. I just feel sorry for the guys that are new to this hobby and purchase products from NitroPlanes and get burned by poor products, missing parts, etc.

I know that if I did put this 50CC Yak together as it came out of the box, I would have been lucky to get a couple of flights out of it. More then likely the motor box would have failed, the landing plate/gear would have failed. The landing gear on this Yak is the two piece variety that has such a small mounting area that there is really very little support for the landing gear.

Truly you do get what you pay for. It is a rare find when you get a quality product at a great price.

My last purchase was a QQ Aircraft 100cc Python (on sale for $999) and before that a Aeroworks 50CC Pythong ($659). Do you know why they cost that much? Because they sell quality products.

So as long as you understand that what you are going to get from NitroPlanes is a substandard model then go for it. That is what I did and other then the plane being damaged when I got it and Nitromodels sending the wrong plane - the quality is what I expected - substandard.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
opjose

Substandard my .....

Check out the photos I posted on my CMP Edge 540T 50CC, on the other thread.

Or the Giles 202 .50 which sells for 89.00, with CF pushrods, aluminum bell cranks, CF landing gear, etc.

I used the included hardware on these planes and they have held up very well.

That said, someone with a bit of experience is going to fare very well, while novices may find themselves overwhelmed trying to figure things out... but the latter is typical for most Asian Arfs... many of which come with no hardware, etc.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 AM
kid chuckles

OPjose think maybe they should put that in there ads? Not for novice builders. Must have experience to build this plane as the instr. are not useable.
That would be what they should be putting on there ads along with the prices. Like I said the one and only I got from them before i even knew anything about the company was a beautiful little plane. But that was just about all i can say was good about it. The hardware could be used if you had or have built MANY ARF's But that is not what ARF'S are supposed to be about. They are supposed to be for the novice builders with limited experience at building. Thus the ALMOST READY. Not ALMOST IF. I mean most companies tell you to read the inst. front to back before starting build. Nitro you pretty much can't read there inst. IF Nitro is like you say not for the novice then they should state that on there ads imo. But the planes look great in the ads. And are cheaper that is for sure. Anyone should be able to build an ARF from the inst, alone. Not just build hounds as some tend to be.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Murdoc

I only have 1 plane from nitroplanes an that is the Polecat 50.
To date I have over 400 flights on it! I used all of the included hardware with no problems what so ever.
The only thing that I changed after a few weeks was the fuel tank. It started to leak.
The firewall, all glue joints seems so be nice an sturdy. Didn"t have to reinforce anything
That said, I could NOT have put this plane together if I was a beginner, the instructions was missing so every step of the build took me twice the time.
My conclusion is: If you have assembled a few arfs before, then it should be no problems.
If you are a beginner, I would have choosen another brand.

Here"s a couple of pics: I used to fly it with a tuned pipe so the cowl cutout is slightly awfull with a standard silencer:P

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12726.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1050775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17983.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1050776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77358.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1050777  
Old 12-31-2008, 05:32 PM
tinfly482000

I ORDERED RUSSAIN KNIGHTS SU-27 WITH EXTRA BATTERY.RECIEVED THE PRODUCT. BUT A/C HAD NO UP OR DOWN ELEVATOR, FLIGHT SMULATER DID NOT WORK AND BATTERY WOULD NOT FIT IN A/C.ORDER WAS $250 T.THEY SENT ME DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND REFUNDED ME $160,CHARGE ME 15% RESTOCK FEE FOR JUNK THEY SENT ME .I WAS RIPED OFF FOR $90 PLUS SHIPPING ANTHER $35.I LEARN WELL FROM RIPOFFS .HOPE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE HAD BETTER LUCK THAN I.I WILL NEVER BUY FROM NITROPANES OR RAIDENTECH AGIN.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 AM
kid chuckles

This post says it all. Some fella's that have built many planes having difficulty putting a Nitro version together, or taking much longer because of the fine inst. that come with them. Find stories. But OP thinks it is BS he has no problems. Rest of you are not Nitro worthy lol.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:26 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys,

i have made buys from nitroplanes and am very happy with there products and service and inexpensive price, have not had any trouble with anything as of yet.

and as far as the instructions go, yes not the best, but not the worst either. seems to me people that are new are NOT doing research or not listening to others advice and are still buying planes that are far beyond begginer planes.

bassman
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: bassmanh

and as far as the instructions go, yes not the best, but not the worst either. seems to me people that are new are NOT doing research or not listening to others advice and are still buying planes that are far beyond begginer planes.
Exactly!

The low prices tend to draw in people who are unfamiliar with asian ARF's.

And as far as that it would behoove NP to remove the entries that suggest that many planes are good for beginners.
This alone would cut down on the number of inexperienced people jumping in over their heads.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:37 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Murdoc

My conclusion is: If you have assembled a few arfs before, then it should be no problems.
If you are a beginner, I would have choosen another brand.
Yup, that sums it up nicely, though with help some of their trainers are fine for newbies.

Most newbies don't like to hear that they need to buy a trainer. These forums are repleat with people who are not listening to the voices are experience.

ORIGINAL: Murdoc

I only have 1 plane from nitroplanes an that is the Polecat 50.
To date I have over 400 flights on it! I used all of the included hardware with no problems what so ever.
I really like my Polecat 50.

It's a nice fast flyer that handles aerobatics with aplomb, yet still floats in to a landing.

It is not a 3D plane though.

It is beautifully finished, although I recommend TopFlight clear coating it to preserve the covering. After 250 flights on mine, the covering looks brand new thanks to the TF.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
flaminheli

I have been building and flying for over 20 years (I am 35). The only plane I have purchased from NP is the Ultimate .40 that my wife and I bought our son. This plane went together just as well and better than some of my name brand ARFs and it is built just as good or better than some of the name brand ARFs. The hardware was usable but I chose to use hardware that I already had that is a little beefier and is SAE. The instructions are not good at all but usually the only thing I use the instructions for anyways is for the CG location and control throws. So I would have to say that no these NP models are not well suited for beginners with no assembly experience at all. I will purchase the CMP 50cc Edge from them in the future based on my first experience and becasue it has got the coolest scheme Here is my son's Ultimate w/ TT Pro .46 just waiting on the aileron servos to be hooked up.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: flaminheli

I will purchase the CMP 50cc Edge from them in the future based on my first experience and becasue it has got the coolest scheme
If you mean the 540T I have pics of it in my gallery showing close ups of it's construction.

A very nice plane.

ORIGINAL: flaminheli
Here is my son's Ultimate w/ TT Pro .46 just waiting on the aileron servos to be hooked up.
Also nice, and it is particularly sturdy as the "box" shape of the wings and support produce a lot of strength.

I have three of these and one with close to 300 flights that has had numerous crashes, cartwheels, etc.

It just seems to keep going, and going, and going...

Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
flaminheli

Yes, I mean the 540T. I am sure this Ultimate will see it's share of abuse, but my son has been flying for awhile and I am probably going to let him cut his teeth this weekend with a low wing. I will let him fly the trusty Dolphin .40 I have hanging in the shop collecting dust that is set up with dual rates and powered by a O.S. .46 ax controlled by one of my Futaba 7c radios.

BTW: opjose, what do you have the upper wing incidence set at on the Ultimate? Or did you just set at 0 and call it good.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
4-Stroke
My Feedback: (16)

To make a long story short. It has been over three months that I have been waiting for a replacement canopy that was broken during shipping. I have purchased one other plane fro Nitroplanes and there ar two others I would love to have. No way no how. The custumer service is not there.