Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Need help with Shockwave- won't pull! no flooded-

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Need help with Shockwave- won't pull! no flooded-

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Rene1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Shockwave- won't pull! no flooded-

Hey so I'm brand new to this- My pull starter won't pull and my clutchbell won't turn either. I know it's not flooded. Any suggestions to at least get it to pull will be appreciated!

Thanks-
-R
Old 11-29-2008, 05:36 PM
el_tonto

Default RE: Need help with Shockwave- won't pull! no flooded-

does the flywheel turn? with the piston at TDC (top dead center) it will be very hard to turn, then it will pop past TDC and be easy to turn for another full revolution until TDC again. This will be true when using the pull start too.

If the clutchbell doesn't spin freely, then the clutch spring may have broken (common problem) or the clutch bell bearings have busted. If you disassemble it to check, ensure you pay attention to the order that things go back on (bearings, washers, etc)
Old 11-29-2008, 05:39 PM
el_tonto

Especially with a new engine, at TDC you should be able to lift the car using the pull start without the piston passing TDC. That's how stiff it should be at that point. Too much stiffer then yeah you might have a problem (too long glowplug?), too much looser and you'll lose compression (that's normally a symptom of older well-run engines though)
Old 11-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Rene1977

Hey thaks for the advice- I disassembled and found that it was the bushing inside the piston arm that broke in half, leaving shrapnel inside the chamber! Looks like I'll try out the engine replacement policy!

Thanks -
-R