Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Will be big.
58.82%
Na just a fad.
26.47%
Couldn't care less.
14.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

New AE SC8.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New AE SC8.

Webdr, I didn't mean it that harshly at all. I just wonder about the precedent that it sets, you know? There comes a point when too many new classes just becomes cumbersome.

In any case - didn't mean to be so negative
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
webdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed Sheo, Ive found when there are too many classes, it can take forever before your heat is back up, you end up waiting all day to race.

I came off a little harsh as well, Im sorry. [8D]
Matt
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM
cluelessk

but alot of places monster trucks are one the downfall so maybe it might take its place. and i think its gonna bring alot of new people to rc because they will most likely be demonstating at CORR races. and if you look at the prices of truggies its not to expensive,
Old 09-07-2008, 11:15 PM
mojavemonster

Probably won't be the next "big thang" but it will be a "thang" and "big" to some people like me. RC's are cool but I like things that are a little more real. I love CORR racing, I try to attend every event atleast one day of the race weekend. Every time I go I see dozens of people leaving with there new Slash or Slayer. In fact you can get Sayer for a little cheaper at an event. About $420, no tax. When AE comes out they will sell them at the events too. The race lovers that attend these events will need a class to race in. Therefore there will be a class, it will be and remain a "thing", and will be "big" to the people who love this stuff.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM
haasjj

Email alert from Rc Car action videos posted on RC net for the new SC8 Check out the link below or go to the videos at RC Car action it should be there somewhere.

http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirse...C9774&nm=RCNet
Old 10-10-2008, 08:14 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, check out the Nitro Stadium trucks forum, the threads been updated with the vids.

Tom.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:13 PM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Yep, check out the Nitro Stadium trucks forum, the threads been updated with the vids.

Tom.
Cool. I could not remember where the other SC8 thread was.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
fsbb33
My Feedback: (5)

i think people looking to "make their own" could possibly look at the inferno gt. or i guess any buggy based chasis for that matter. as soon as i get some money im def. gunna buy one. but i think people need to stop worrying about if its going to be "the next big thing" or " a fad" or whatever, we all race or bash these thigns for our own reasons, mostly because its fun. and we need to get back to that. its fun, some people like racing buggies vs truggies, nitro vs electric...and who really cares. these trucks are cool as hell whether u want one or not. i think its awesome to see some real scale looking rcs. buggies and truggies are great to race, but they r just made for that. this is a truck that people will notice as a real replica of the real deal. how do you think they got all the corr driver sponsorships, wasnt because they kinda sorta looked like corr trucks. they are corr trucks. and i do think they will stick and i see every major company coming out with an 1.8th scale corr trcuk to compete (HPI, Ofna, Kyosho, Losi, etc)

and stop comparing this to the slash and slayer, they r tenth scales!!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:02 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

Bought my son a slash for x mas so i think itll be the next big thing...
Old 12-20-2008, 07:02 PM
TwinTurbos94

Me personally, I'm split between a Slash and a SC8. Whatever it is, my next model is gonna be a CORR truck. I really believe that this will take off, for the fact that this could become the "Driver's class" division at most tracks and ROAR/IFMAR related sanctions, (I'm still a n00b, please correct me if I'm wrong about the "Driver's Class" comment). Yes, the models are based on pre-existing chassis, but I think over time, they will become their own.

Let's just say, I want one as bad as the Revo I'm saving up money for. The SC8 seems like a fun track truck. I would love to drop a OS .28XZ in it and see what it will do.