Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Still a Bottom Feeder.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Still a Bottom Feeder.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Still a Bottom Feeder.

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Boy, this was tough. A note to the AMA and here is the answer.

Mon Mar 23 2009 2:44PM by [email protected]
What is the procedure for one that wants to opt out of receiving Model Aviation and have it donated to school, hospital, scouts or other recipient of his choice?

Tue Mar 24 2009 4:23PM by YOLANDA JONES
You may call Yolanda Jones at 800-435-9262 x224 with the address of the school or library and she will set it up.

And even for Stickbuilder, you can have yours sent to:

Perkins School for the Blind
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown, Massachusetts 02472

Any questions?

Not nice...Even for you.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Not nice...Even for you.
If you have a better way of relieving Stick from the MA boil on his butt, have at it. Even you should have pity on a person in pain whatever the reason.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Robotech

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell

This thread is being misdirected with discussion about dues reducing optional MA. It is more about optional but possibly pay more without MA.
Sorry, but let’s get it straight.
I'm not trying to misdirect anything, LCS. If anything I made an attempt to SERIOUSLY discuss all of the ramifications of "opting out", and was essentially shut down because the usual suspects (suspect, actually) just jumped on that as an opportunity to take the thread downhill. I just think it's time for those that don't want AMA in their mailbox each month, (whether that is with or without a dues reduction is secondary) to quit complaining and actually do something about it. Whether that's Bill, KE, you or whoever makes not a lot of difference to me. Quit the complaining and DO SOMETHING FOR PETE'S SAKE.

I submit that I do have it "straight".

I've seen these complaints about MA on an almost constant basis since I started posting here a year ago. If those who complain about it week in and week out, month in and month out, choose to do nothing but complain, why on earth should any other participants here pay ANY additional attention to them? It's complaining for the sake of complaining and little else. Recreational complaining, if you will.

Bah!!
Bob,

If you keep trying to use logic to argue your points here your head will explode. Might as well try the "who's on first" A&B routine. Heck, my brain was about to explode just reading your posts and the replies they generated. There can be no resolution to the "problems" some perceive to exist or they themselves will the have no reason to exist.

Do you remember the (original) Star Trek episode where there was an almost invisible alien being aboard the Enterprise that caused the crew of the to fight among themselves. It fed on the negative energy. Kind of the same deal here.

Stick finds it annoying to have to drop his copy of MA in the trash.
Stick wnats them to quit sending it to him. Period.
Well there was a resolution early on. He can have it sent elsewhere.
Whoops. Not good enough. Now not only does he not want it, he doesn't want anyone else to have it.
He wants to censor what innocent young minds can read. Modeling fascism in action.

You see. There can be no resolution when the problem is dynamic and the goal can be adjusted to avoid a solution.

You know the old saying about mud wrestling with a pig don't you?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM
littlecrankshaf

I don't know for sure but if AMA could or would just take his name from the MA mailout list... by his request... I think he might be OK with that. Stick seems to be indicating that as far as I can tell.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
KidEpoxy

Robo
Stick finds it annoying to have to drop his copy of MA in the trash.
Stick wnats them to quit sending it to him. Period.
Well there was a resolution early on. He can have it sent elsewhere.
Whoops. Not good enough. Now not only does he not want it, he doesn't want anyone else to have it.
Incorrect.
reread post #1 and try again.
Pay attention to the part of post #1 where the OP stated clearly
that he did not want it sent to any 3rd party (for whatever unimportant reasons)

There seems to be a selective amnesia going on in this thread,
the problem stick has cannot be resolved by mailing his MA to a 3rd party.
The topic has been so since post #1.

Resolutions that do not meet that are not resolving the problem at hand.
Sure, it might resolve somebody elses unrelated and fewer parameters problem
but it dont resolve the problem Stick defined in post one (and repeatedly since)

Robo, you talk like it is a wrong thing to do
to redefine the problem to suit an agenda.

Unfortunately, you are redifining the problem from post#1 to suit your agenda's answer and accuse Stick of changing the problem after a solution was found.

Yes, there is underhanded changing of the rules,
and it is ALL being done by guys that are opposing Stick here.

<edit append>
Just grabbed a copy of post#1 in entirety, unedited by original poster as of 3.24.09

As most of you have seen from my posts over the last few years, I normally toss the newest issue of MA, as soon as it arrives. When the Latest issue came (March 2009), I decided to give it another try. I may have missed something, but I don't really think so, because there was one report on a giant 3-D event, and one (one page) commentary on a flying cross (a miniature airplane that does not resemble any known full scale airplane ever built), and the balance of the magazine (not dedicated to specific flying regimens) was solely dedicated once again to those little foam electric powered toys that I so much despise. The reports from the DVP's again were about as informative, and exciting as watching paint dry. Once again, the publication will make the short trip from the mailbox to the trash recpticle, without being opened. Why would I not leave the magazine at the Doctor's/Dentist/local School? Because I don't particularly care to see that kind of thing being exposed to prospective model flyers. Guess I'll stay a bottom feeder. I'm thinking about having a patch made that says so. Wonder what kind of look that would get from Greg when he shows up at a certain event where I normally go each spring.........?

I still wish that the AMA would allow us to opt out of receiving the thing, even if it did not affect the cost of membership. I would rather not receive it, and still pay the full tab for membership, than continue to haul it to the trash can.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Blue_Sky

And even for Stickbuilder, you can have yours sent to:

Perkins School for the Blind
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown, Massachusetts 02472

Any questions?
Red, this is a very inappropriate and mean spirited post. Particularly because blind people can't read it. Keep this up and you'll certainly be banned eventually from RCU.

In the meantime I enjoyed those pictures you posted. Those pictures were great, a testament to your lifelong association to the hobby.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not nice...Even for you.
If you have a better way of relieving Stick from the MA boil on his butt, have at it. Even you should have pity on a person in pain whatever the reason.
Speaking of boils on my prostieor, Will you be accompanying the AMA contigent when it comes to Lakeland on May 6-10, 2009?????

I'm in high hopes of finally getting to meet you face to face as it were. Even Dave Mathewson is going to be there, as he said in an overnight e-mail to me.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Speaking of boils on my prostieor, Will you be accompanying the AMA contigent when it comes to Lakeland on May 6-10, 2009?????

I'm in high hopes of finally getting to meet you face to face as it were. Even Dave Mathewson is going to be there, as he said in an overnight e-mail to me.

Bill, AMA 4720
As I said once before, I would rather be flying that watching. Been there once, done that - Like Toledo, Joe Nall, etc. once or twice is enough and then on to another modeling venue. SEFF is the week before and that is worth attending - again, as it covers a much wider breadth of modeling. Sorry to dash your high hopes.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
704hank
My Feedback: (1)

THATS WHY MY HEAD HURTS!!!!![sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

It is official, want out of receiving Model Aviation?

To the AMA
What is the procedure for one that wants to opt out of receiving Model Aviation and have it donated to school, hospital, scouts or other recipient of his choice?

The Answer:
You may call Yolanda Jones at 800-435-9262 x224 with the address of the school or library and she will set it up.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
The Toolman

To the AMA

The Answer:

Why the Heck didn't ya go ahead an ask if he could just opt out without a dues reduction an not have it sent anywhere while you was at it also? You're are just trying to keep stirring crap here an you know it as well as I do. You're another one that needs to get out an find something constructive to do rather than having yer nose in everybody elses business all the time.

Ron
Old 03-24-2009, 08:18 PM
KidEpoxy

Red
Stick at no time wondered how to get his copy of MA mailed to some 3rd party.
He has clearly since the OP stated that he want it to go to NOBODY.

Please amend your question to HQ to be what this thread is about,
and resubmit it
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Robotech
You know the old saying about mud wrestling with a pig don't you?
The metaphor I usually use is stepping on a tar ball at the beach. After 4 or 5 steps you have so much sand stuck to your foot that you can't walk. You might as well just go ahead and cut off your foot.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Stickbuilder

I heard from Dave Mathewson yesterday. He will be coming down to Top Gun, and said that he would like to meet me. I am going to broach this subject with him. Hopefully he will be receptive to this idea. Maybe he can come up with some compromise that would make everyone reasonably happy (operative word is reasonably).

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I heard from Dave Mathewson yesterday. He will be coming down to Top Gun, and said that he would like to meet me. I am going to broach this subject with him. Hopefully he will be receptive to this idea. Maybe he can come up with some compromise that would make everyone reasonably happy (operative word is reasonably).

Bill, AMA 4720
It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I've got to say, though, the ability to assign your copy to someone who might actually enjoy it seems to be a reasonable solution. My impression is that your comments about not wanting to expose impressionable people to the magazine was as much for effect as anything else. Of course I could be wrong.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I've got to say, though, the ability to assign your copy to someone who might actually enjoy it seems to be a reasonable solution. My impression is that your comments about not wanting to expose impressionable people to the magazine was as much for effect as anything else. Of course I could be wrong.
No, Bob,

I'm serious about that statement. Have a look at your recent issues (heck all you have are recent). Now tell me how much meat do you see in any of the DVP reports? How many electric power items are there? How many park type models (and they get their own magazine)? Now tell me how many wet fueled models are there? What is the percentage of each? How many ARF's? Who's are they? Are they representative of the 2 companies who are now committee members?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
The Toolman

Having the 2 company guys on the committee looks to me as getting just as corrupt as an govt org. When orgs get to big, things start to happen that wouldn't if they were small an using the original intent.

Ron
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 AM
KidEpoxy

Is it fiscally responsible to
Print & mail 100000 extra MA each month to mail to every elementary & middle school library,
under the goal of getting more aeromodeling exposure to kids?

Of course not.

The divide that by 100000
and we see that it is still throwing money away
to say we HAVE TO mail Stick MA to somebody,
cause we HAVE TO print it in the first place.

Why ponder what to do with Sticks MA onece its printed,
just dont print it in the first place.
Muncie controls how many MAs get printed....print fewer next year for the guys that dont want one

Printed in MA is a list of how many MA copies muncie hangs onto vs how many go to various folks,
just increase that kept number by 1 for Sticks, if you cant stop printing it
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Robotech

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Is it fiscally responsible to
Print & mail 100000 extra MA each month to mail to every elementary & middle school library,
under the goal of getting more aeromodeling exposure to kids?

Of course not.

The divide that by 100000
and we see that it is still throwing money away
to say we HAVE TO mail Stick MA to somebody,
cause we HAVE TO print it in the first place.

Why ponder what to do with Sticks MA onece its printed,
just dont print it in the first place.
Muncie controls how many MAs get printed....print fewer next year for the guys that dont want one

Printed in MA is a list of how many MA copies muncie hangs onto vs how many go to various folks,
just increase that kept number by 1 for Sticks, if you cant stop printing it

KAAA-BOOOM. Ouch.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

To the AMA

The Answer:

Why the Heck didn't ya go ahead an ask if he could just opt out without a dues reduction an not have it sent anywhere while you was at it also? You're are just trying to keep stirring crap here an you know it as well as I do. You're another one that needs to get out an find something constructive to do rather than having yer nose in everybody elses business all the time.

Ron
Yep, hard to figure...
Old 03-25-2009, 01:01 PM
KidEpoxy

Does anyone here think that Red ACCIDENTLY changed the question
away from what Stick has been talking about this whole time?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Robotech

Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:02 PM
To: Yolanda Jones
Subject: MA Subscription

Yolanda,

Is there an option or procedure whereby an open member can be removed from the MA mailing list. This particular member does not wish to have his copy redirected to a school or library and share his free copy of MA with prospective modelers but would rather simply not have the free MA subscription attached to his membership.

I would like your permission to share your answer with others in a public forum.

Thank you,

Robert Brinker

AMA 647848
I believe this request to be accurate enough.

My email was forwarded the staff member in charge of membership services. Awaiting a reply.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Yolanda,

Is there an option or procedure whereby an open member can be removed from the MA mailing list. This particular member does not wish to have his copy redirected to a school or library and share his free copy of MA with prospective modelers but would rather simply not have the free MA subscription attached to his membership.

I would like your permission to share your answer with others in a public forum.
Thank you,

Robert Brinker
AMA 647848

My email was forwarded the staff member in charge of membership services. Awaiting a reply.
Same question to http://www.modelaircraft.org/askama/

Wed Mar 25 2009 7:15AM by [email protected]
There has been considerable discussion on RCU forum about opting out of receiving Model Aviation. The individual does not want his copy to go to a school, library, etc. due to his contempt for the content of MA. He just wants it out of his mail box. Is there any way he can have MA simply not mailed to him or anywhere else?

You realize that answers to these questions can seriously jeopardize the longevity of this thread.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
The Toolman

Yolanda,

Thank you,

Robert Brinker
AMA 647848

Same question to http://www.modelaircraft.org/askama/

Wed Mar 25 2009 7:15AM by [email protected]
There has been considerable discussion on RCU forum about opting out of receiving Model Aviation. The individual does not want his copy to go to a school, library, etc. due to his contempt for the content of MA. He just wants it out of his mail box. Is there any way he can have MA simply not mailed to him or anywhere else?

You realize that answers to these questions can seriously jeopardize the longevity of this thread.

You just had to add that part, didn't ya. You are about a CS to the 3rd degree. Somebody will see you out in the open someday an clean your clock for some of the stuff you stir up on here old man.

Ron
Old 03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
KidEpoxy

nm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.