Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

tower hobbies tower terror

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 AM
quicksilverchevy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tower hobbies tower terror

Iam a first time nitro guy and just bought a tower hobbies tower terror. I broke the motor in last night. I ran 6 tanks thru it and all I have to say is WOW!!! This thing will move. Factory needle setting were very rich starting out, but about the 5th tank and slowly leanin her out. This thing is awesome!! Break in was pretty smooth with no problems and I still have some tuning to do. but overall I am impressed. Before I bought this truck I did lots of online research and was having 2nd thoughts. But the forums I was reading were a couple years old and figured that tower would have fixed these problems by now with an updated model, so Ipurchased it. For anyone looking to get into the hobby this, IMO, would be a great starter truck. It handles well and steers well. The brakes work great and the 2.5 engine has gobs of power. It will pull a wheelie from 1/2 throttle to full and keeps it there. I know this is from a short wheelbase. If you just want something to play with in the yard or at the park, this truck would be great. Iknow thereare some folks that dont think to highly of this truck, but for I want to do with it, its a great little truck. Iam hooked bad on nitro rc stuff now.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 AM
rclynx

Default RE: tower hobbies tower terror

Welcome to the RC world...........HAPPYRC'en
Old 06-06-2009, 11:33 PM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: quicksilverchevy

I am a first time nitro guy and just bought a tower hobbies tower terror. I broke the motor in last night. I ran 6 tanks thru it and all I have to say is WOW!!! This thing will move. Factory needle setting were very rich starting out, but about the 5th tank and slowly leanin her out. This thing is awesome!! Break in was pretty smooth with no problems and I still have some tuning to do. but overall I am impressed. Before I bought this truck I did lots of online research and was having 2nd thoughts. But the forums I was reading were a couple years old and figured that tower would have fixed these problems by now with an updated model, so I purchased it. For anyone looking to get into the hobby this, IMO, would be a great starter truck. It handles well and steers well. The brakes work great and the 2.5 engine has gobs of power. It will pull a wheelie from 1/2 throttle to full and keeps it there. I know this is from a short wheelbase. If you just want something to play with in the yard or at the park, this truck would be great. I know there are some folks that dont think to highly of this truck, but for I want to do with it, its a great little truck. I am hooked bad on nitro rc stuff now.
Congratulations and enjoy the truck. I looked into getting that one but decided it would be better if I stuck with electric so I finally got the monster truck I have always wanted, the Tamiya Super ClodBuster, I still have not finished building yet but I am close and the close I get the more excited I get!!!

-Disjaukifa
Old 06-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Bgdustin4

i got a tower terror to but i cant keep mine running or in tune don't know what it is or maybe i don't know what im doing lol ( prolly the problem) and one know good vid on tuneing or a good guid to do so
Old 06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
quicksilverchevy

when I got my terror. I started out at the 4 1/2 turns out on the hsn and 3 1/2 on teh low speed. I went 1/12 of a turn after every tank up until the 6th tank.that put me at 4 turns out on the hsn. It seems to run best with good head temp and good smoke trail with the hsn at 3 1/4 in and the low speed at 2 1/2. I have 6 tanks thru at this setting and have no problems. The output shaft set screws in the front diff did come out somewhere and I lost front wheel drive. I called hobby services and should be here friday I think.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Missing Pieces

Seal the back plate, and the carb with Permatex black. those tower engines can have a wicked problem with air leaks.I went through three of them before I got smart and sealed it up, and it ran great till the mid range screw fell out and I lost it. I bought an Axial .28, and beat my terror like nothing else, and it runs like a champ. Locktite, Locktite, Locktite!!!!!!! All set screws, bolts, any fastener on the truck. Check it over every time you want to run it, or you'll be buying axels, and screws like crazy.
ORIGINAL: Bgdustin4

i got a tower terror to but i cant keep mine running or in tune don't know what it is or maybe i don't know what im doing lol ( prolly the problem) and one know good vid on tuneing or a good guid to do so