RCU Forums - View Single Post - tower hobbies tower terror
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 AM
quicksilverchevy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tower hobbies tower terror

Iam a first time nitro guy and just bought a tower hobbies tower terror. I broke the motor in last night. I ran 6 tanks thru it and all I have to say is WOW!!! This thing will move. Factory needle setting were very rich starting out, but about the 5th tank and slowly leanin her out. This thing is awesome!! Break in was pretty smooth with no problems and I still have some tuning to do. but overall I am impressed. Before I bought this truck I did lots of online research and was having 2nd thoughts. But the forums I was reading were a couple years old and figured that tower would have fixed these problems by now with an updated model, so Ipurchased it. For anyone looking to get into the hobby this, IMO, would be a great starter truck. It handles well and steers well. The brakes work great and the 2.5 engine has gobs of power. It will pull a wheelie from 1/2 throttle to full and keeps it there. I know this is from a short wheelbase. If you just want something to play with in the yard or at the park, this truck would be great. Iknow thereare some folks that dont think to highly of this truck, but for I want to do with it, its a great little truck. Iam hooked bad on nitro rc stuff now.