Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Best place to buy Walkera

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
vf171
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy Walkera

I think I have finally decided on the Walkera CB180D but I am having difficulty finding them. Kind of worries me about availability of parts but I have looked around a there seems to be a few places that carry parts online. I wanted to buy from LHS but they do not carry Walkera which brings up one of my questions, are there any hobby shops around the akron/canton Ohio area that carry Walkera or is it strictly an online brand?

There is one for sale here on RCU but it's also listed on ebay. So far the seller has not responded to questions. I think he may be waiting until the ebay auction ends.

xHeli has the CB180D listed but it's out of stock. A couple of other online stores have them too but they are located in China and I'd rather buy one from the the US if possible. I'm a little impatient and waiting 2-3 weeks isn't something I look forward to.

Anyway, where do you guys get your Walkera helis from?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
HansV

Default RE: Best place to buy Walkera

I think that John has them in stock:
http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...era_CB180D_RTF

You will not have any problems with him. Otherwise it takes 4-5 days from ehirobo.com or helipal.com. They are pretty good, but shipping is very expensive.

Hope it helps,
Hans.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
13BT

I found this site: http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera.htm

But I have never ordered from them before

They seem to have cheap shipping and a wide stock of parts, but I have no idea how long it would take to ship to you. Some of the guys on 'the other rc forum' order from there.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:48 PM
vf171

Thanks guys. I checked both sites out. Once shipping is added they both look to be a wash. One thing I didn't like about the RCHobbyHelicopter site was there is no way to know what shipping is. You have to agree to pay it once they figure it out. Too many shipping calculators out there to not have that as part of the checkout process.

Still would like to find someone in NE, or Central Ohio that has these in stock.

Thanks for the leads so far guys.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Sturmgewehr

www.HeliDirect.com out of Boston, Mass

http://www.helidirect.com/walkera-be...al-p-14663.hdx

Unfortunately, they are out of stock on your item too.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
vf171

Thanks Sturm. I already have them bookmarked too. I'll be keeping an eye on a couple of places over the next week or so to see when these start popping up again. I'm slowly sliding toward the CB100 though. It's already DBL and it will be a lot easier to fly in the house.

Thanks again.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 AM
holilover1977

just keep contact them, they will maybe have it in stock soon.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
vf171

Well I stumbled across a CB100 for a decent price. Should be here by the end of the week. Ended up getting it off fleabay with 3 batt's and a spare rotor head, mains, and tail rotor. I can practice in the house with it and when spring hits I'll probably be ready to step up to CCPM or ditch helis all togeher.

I'm still gonna keep an eye on the 180's though. I'd love to see a factory dual brushless set up. I work too much and have too many other things going on to spend time building these for now. May be able to find one put together for me on down the road, used or new.