Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

SB 960 LCD not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:16 AM
ben94gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SB 960 LCD not working

Hello all,

I just bought a SB 960 off a friend and I charged one battery off of it completely fine, went to grab another battery, I came back and the LCD screen was off, i tried pressing buttons and unplug/ replugging it in and still nothing. Any idea as to why this has happened?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Tim@MRC

Default RE: SB 960 LCD not working

Have you tried it on 12V? Also, make sure that the 110V plug is pushed all the way into the charger. Let me know what you find.

Tim Sandor
Old 01-14-2010, 04:12 PM
ben94gt

So Icame back this afternoon to try again. Plugged it into the wall and the LCD fired up fine. Although whilst charging a battery it cut off and the Red light by the start button was blinking very rapidly and there was a faint clicking sound coming from the charger. I pressed start again and it went back to charging. I have not had a chance to try out the 12v yet, I might do that next time the screen shorts out, but the AC cord is all the way in the back of the unit, and the unit is not getting hot, though the batteries are getting fairly hot.

UPDATE: I charged one battery using the AC-same battery as above. As soon as I was done I disconnected the battery, Voltage went to 0 as expected, "Er" showed up on the LCD, the screen cut off and the red light by the start button remained on. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, same thing-no screen, red light on. Left for 20 minutes to go to the bank, came back, plugged it in, screen works again. Im going to charge one more battery to see if it cuts off again, if it does I will take it out to the car battery and hook it up to see what happens.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Tim@MRC

Well, if worse comes to worse, send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Tim
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM
ben94gt

ok so this is the first time ive tried it out in a while, but Iplugged it in today and the red LED is flickering and the LCD screen will not come up. I took it out to the car battery and hooked it up and it did the exact same thing. At this point I think I might just send it to you, unless you have an idea on something else to try.whats the address and whats involved?

Also, I plugged in an 8.4v battery without it connected to anything else, and the red light came on and flickered, as if it was trying to draw off of that as well.