Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:22 PM
K_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Really, the warranty actually says that? Unbelievable. Just another way that Horizon is trying to corner the market. O'Donnell will work fine, but if you're concerned about the 15 minute warranty, I guess you better use Nitrotane. I'm not sure how they would even know if you'd been running something other than Nitrotane...
Old 04-01-2010, 05:15 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: MightyMike

I just got the Losi Ten-T, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the best fuel to use in it. I bought a gallon of O'Donnels 20% racing fuel from my local hobby store, but the warranty stipulates that you must use the Losi Nitrotane fuel. What fuel does everyone else run through their Ten-T? What fuel seems best and produces the most power?
Thanks
I use Sidewinder Race blend 20% with 12% oil for protection and no after run oil needed with this blend! Never had any problems ever and it runs great with the Ten-T for power with plenty of protection and every LHS I have been to carries it! Remember to get the race blend though!! $28.99 a Gallon and in My opinion much better than Odonnell's. If I could find it locally, I would run Byron's Generation 2 hands down over anything, PERIOD! But since I can't find it locally I use Sidewinder as it is Very good quality with very good engine protection and tunes great! I think Monster fuel is also good but not as safe as Sidewinder and I would choose Nitrotane over Monster personally!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
etopsflight

guys

i'm waiting for this truggy. my LHS has sold out and waiting for the next shipment to arrive.

how's the tank, big enough for 10+mins runs?

any real problems, although i have not read many.

cheers

etops
Old 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
MightyMike

I don't think they can tell what fuel you have been using, but I'm sure if they ask and you were to say anything but nitrotane they would void any warranty.  Thanks for the input about the fuel, I'll try to find some sidewinder and give it a try.  
But I'm having some frustrating problems getting my brand new Ten-T to start.  It turns over, the glow plug works when I test it, there is fuel getting to the carbs and air getting to the combustion chamber, unless I have a compression problem the only thing that could be wrong I would assume would be the carb tune.  The manual says its set to the break-in settings, but may need a high speed adjustment for different fuels and elevation.  So I have adjusted high speed with no luck, low speed with no luck, even idle with no luck.  I tried preheating the engine with a heat gun, I took it to about 190 then gave it a try.  It actually seemed to like it, it ran with the starter button depressed only.  I tried this again with an adjustment to the tune and nothing.  So what can I be doing wrong here?  Its brand new for cryin out loud, an RTR should run out of the box this is dissapointing.  What does everyone suggest I try here?  A tune in what direction, lean or rich?  More or less heat?  Could there be an issue with the glow plug system I'm not seeing? 

All input is appreciated, thanks.
Mike
Old 04-02-2010, 03:33 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: MightyMike

I don't think they can tell what fuel you have been using, but I'm sure if they ask and you were to say anything but nitrotane they would void any warranty. Thanks for the input about the fuel, I'll try to find some sidewinder and give it a try.
But I'm having some frustrating problems getting my brand new Ten-T to start. It turns over, the glow plug works when I test it, there is fuel getting to the carbs and air getting to the combustion chamber, unless I have a compression problem the only thing that could be wrong I would assume would be the carb tune. The manual says its set to the break-in settings, but may need a high speed adjustment for different fuels and elevation. So I have adjusted high speed with no luck, low speed with no luck, even idle with no luck. I tried preheating the engine with a heat gun, I took it to about 190 then gave it a try. It actually seemed to like it, it ran with the starter button depressed only. I tried this again with an adjustment to the tune and nothing. So what can I be doing wrong here? Its brand new for cryin out loud, an RTR should run out of the box this is dissapointing. What does everyone suggest I try here? A tune in what direction, lean or rich? More or less heat? Could there be an issue with the glow plug system I'm not seeing?

All input is appreciated, thanks.
Mike
First off, every fuel you use will require retuning (same on all niro RC's), 2nd, if you change glow plugs, hotter or colder it will require retuning. After my initial heat cycle breakin, I attempted to do the final tune with a new Mccoy MC 59 plug, it didn't like it, so I went with Dynamite Platinum #4 and it tunes really easy. Go back to original factory specs (not sure what is was without looking it up in my book) then once it starts consistantly you can increase power by playing with fuel mixture High and low spped screws! ONLY adjust scres by 1 hour increments (like if you were staring at a clockface) that way you won't go too far and it die on you! Most importantly go back and set low, high, fuel mixture to factory settings!! Also sometimes for first time starting in a while, hold finger over exhaust while cranking to prime (you can hear when it is) and it will start sooner. if none of these help pull glowplug and crank a few times as you may have flooded it and glow plug is still too wet to fire correctly!!! Almost sounds like this is your first Nitro, don't get frustrated it takes a while to learn how to tune and once you learn it becomes secound nature!!!

P.S. I almost forgot (don't know why), but it felt like the mccoy Mc59 didn't fit as snug as stock and the Dynamite platinum #4 glow plugs when connecting the glow plug wire to actual glow plug. Also after jumping and bashing mine for a while i noticed that both wires had come loose on the ROSS starter, just recrimp them slightly tighter (the ones that go from LIPO to Ross starter).
Old 04-02-2010, 07:23 PM
MightyMike

Thanks for the really helpful response, its funny you say that because it is my first nitro RC car!  The frustration is really just cause I'm sick with a sinus infection, its making me a little irritable.  But believe it or not I finally got it running.  I went to the hobby store and picked up an A3 OS plug, dremmeled it down a little bit to fit, I also had to lean it out quite a bit.  But it fired strong.  The tune needs a lot of work still but I'm just happy its running.   
Thanks for all the advice, I will give the dynamite platinum #4 plug a try and see if it likes it better than the OS A3.  Oh ya and the ROSS power wire did fall off....on the FIRST tank.  Kinda sad, but I crimped it a little and now its snug as a bug.  
Overall I like the car now that its running, I haven't ran it hard yet but I can tell its gonna be alot of fun.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 PM
kaymella

where is the cheapest place online to get a Losi T-Ten? I've only found www.overdriverc.com and the go for $465.99 there plus $22 shipping
Old 04-02-2010, 09:39 PM
MightyMike

Well, I actually had trouble finding a place that had it in stock.  The one's that did have it in stock were selling it for $499.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
kaymella

I'm not in a rush to get it or anything so thats okay with me. The cheapest place I found is www.ultimatehobbies.com
only $449.96 but they have the Thunder Tiger ST-1 for ony $349.95 which is 1/8 scale and has an optional 2 speed.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
MightyMike

I don't really know anything about that car, but thats a good deal for the Ten-T.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:53 PM
kaymella

yeah and they offer free shipping!
The Thunder Tiger ST-1 is said to be a great 1/8 race truggy and has and optional 2 speed upgrade
Old 04-03-2010, 12:39 AM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: kaymella

where is the cheapest place online to get a Losi T-Ten? I've only found www.overdriverc.com and the go for $465.99 there plus $22 shipping
Ultimatehobbies.com is $404.99 shipped to your door, cheapest by far of all online retailers or ebay!!!
Woops, Sorry, they took there sale off, it is now $449!! I posted several times over the last couple of moths about the $404.99 shipped SALE price but looks like evrybody missed out on it!!!