Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:01 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Like it or lump it to bad so sad!!!!
Old 03-30-2018, 02:28 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Like it or lump it to bad so sad!!!!
Hardly true. Did you read our Tuesday announcement?
Old 03-30-2018, 04:26 PM
bruff
My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Hardly true. Did you read our Tuesday announcement?
We will believe it when we see it. What about invoices and the other protections the old Market place had?
Bob
Old 03-30-2018, 04:31 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by bruff
We will believe it when we see it. What about invoices and the other protections the old Market place had?
Bob
It is not going to be exactly the same. Among other things, it is much easier to create and manage listings. We will dramatically improve search. We tie your listings and profile to your forum history. Today, I saw the mockup of the new Trader Feedback system and it is superior to the one on the old marketplace.
Also, since we implemented the new marketplace -- even without the improvements we're making -- it's already seeing more listings than the old one
Old 03-30-2018, 05:11 PM
RadioPhlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know if membership Improves..
RF
Old 03-30-2018, 07:28 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Oh look.. i go to find just “jets” and 2 items pop up.

I go to find just “turbine” 2 items pop up.

I go to browse through the engines section only. Nothing on page 1 of interest, lets go to page 2. But WAIT! It sends me to airplanes.

Lets try again.. SAME THING Happens.

Search, sucks
filters, Suck

if you want to make this thing “pretty” atleast keep the subcategories like the old marketplace had. We dont need a refined search category, we want SUB CATEGORIES! This isnt craigslist, its a very small market of people who are looking for items in very specific categories that the old marketplace worked very well in sorting out.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:33 PM
jrlane
My Feedback: (2)

This new format is a mess!
Old 03-31-2018, 07:38 AM
twiztidbowler
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

What you should do it while your working on the new site , keep the old site working . Once its done and all the bugs work out then you release it to the public
Old 03-31-2018, 08:54 AM
spidernad
My Feedback: (28)

FEEDBACK.
I Can't mark an item sold. I click the "listing Tools" bar,
Then I click the "Mark listing as sold" button and when I click the "Perform Action" button nothing happens?
Thanks
Old 03-31-2018, 09:00 AM
RadioPhlyer

Originally Posted by warbirdflyer68
What you should do it while your working on the new site , keep the old site working . Once its done and all the bugs work out then you release it to the public
Duh!

Shoot man go easy they'll have some sort of brake down with all that common sense all at one time... this perfectly demonstrates the 6 P's... "Piss Poor Planning Prevents Proper Performance"
Old 03-31-2018, 01:03 PM
kdunlap
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep hoping -in vane that things will get fixed. But this is just a mess. Hey Obi Wan why do add posting dates get rearranged every time you pull up the classifieds. I see ads for 3/23 mixed in with today. There is no posting order that is maintained from page to page it keeps getting reset. In the airplane section pages 2,3,4 all the ads are the same. Oh my.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:03 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm thinking,, Like the forums,, the ads bump up when there are replies
Old 03-31-2018, 05:30 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

yeah, they have pretty much just turned the market place into a sub forum.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:23 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How you guys looked at the new system and thought "Yeah.. this is solid.. let's release it!" is beyond me. It's nowhere close to what the original system was in terms of basic capability, let alone all the useful aspects of the old system for seller security and peace of mind. Incredibly poor decision making at RCU these days.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:00 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So when I filter based upon a keyword, then look at an add, if I press the back button, the system doesn't go back to the filtered list, requiring me to filter the list again..
Old 04-01-2018, 08:01 AM
cfnicklos
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More about "new and improved" RCU site... NOT

Originally Posted by cfnicklos
Hello, it would appear.. so far.. that RCU has turned into, primarily, a social media website. For years, I have utilized the classifieds area of the site, with minimal on the forum side of the site. I am probably not seeing something; however, in this new version, I am not seeing ways to drill down in a category. In the previous site, I could pick, for example "airplane", then drill down to "jets", then drill down to "turbine". Now, all I can get to is "airplanes". If there is not something that I am not seeing, this is going to render this site useless to me. Additionally, not seeing the obvious links to setting up a favorite search, wishlists, etc.... Any help would be appreciated (was supposed to be easier?)
Obviously, the developer as RCU have heard the complaints. Yet to be seen what the out come is. I was surprised to hear comments like "what browser are you using". RCU users are SCREEMING about the lack of functionality of the new system. Though they might have fixed it when I notice "Auctions and Classified" section under the forum. Wow, worked just like the old one; then, I realized it was not for long.... sent me back to the old RCU (argh!@#43). As a baseline, going back to the old RCU and giving up on the new, will probably not happen; however, the developer don't need to accumulate lists of what needs to be added; rather, it is quite clear, that the starting point must be to get back the basic functionality of the old RCU. For example, I used to work in the disk drive industry, and the primary metric was never to corrupt someone data... That can be applied directly to past ratings, in RCU site.. Starting over again is like crashing your computer...

I hope you... RCU developers.... will take all this feedback seriously, and do something about. A previous posting said to look for examples of where things have been pulled back.. The obvious one was Coke.. that was mentioned previous.. The other that I believe was similar, but not actually pulled back was "Windows 8". they some after had to create a way of making it act like Windows 7... Most people kept 7, until they came out with Windows 10 (at least in the corporate world).
enough of my rambling... sure someone will have something to say about it.......
Old 04-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Destroyer of Airplanes
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the new look has a few improvements, but you have made it a giant pain in the ass to use. In the world of user friendly places to buy and sell things you guys went to the bottom of the list.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:27 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Half assed. Needs a lot more filters to begin with. When I back out, takes me to top of list. Not placing more ads here after 16 excellent years and 100% positive ratings
Old 04-02-2018, 08:42 AM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Perhaps given time I will learn how to navigate the new format. I think I finally got the postings limited to "airplanes", but there were a goodly number of postings that were otherwise, i.e., jet fuel etc. When I tried opening the third page the site displayed its rotating circle, and after three minutes I gave up.

I would echo the comments of others concerning feedback. I always check a person's feedback, before making a deal, usually before even responding, and I assume others check mine before agreeing to send me money on the strength of my promise to deliver.

I have used this site, or its predecessors, since the 1980s if memory serves; Every format change required learning, but I must admit I am confused about how this new format works. Our internet service is abysmal, and it is very frustrating and time wasting to have to hunt, then hunt again, to find what I am looking for.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:47 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
he's right. I go to airplanes and when I click the next page button it just takes me to the main menu. Not only that, there used to be dozens if not hundreds of jet ads. Since the change there are only a couple dozen. What happened to all the rest of the ads? You can't tell me 80%of the people with ads up canceled them the day of the supposed "upgrade".
The listings on the old marketplace did not transfer to the new one. To make this fair we kept the old marketplace running, with the exception of allowing new posts. This made it so the listings on the old marketplace could still run their course and be sold as they always have been.

With time you will see much more new ads, we've already seen an increase in listings. Expect to see more ads as the categories get populated.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by invertmast
Oh look.. i go to find just “jets” and 2 items pop up.

I go to find just “turbine” 2 items pop up.

I go to browse through the engines section only. Nothing on page 1 of interest, lets go to page 2. But WAIT! It sends me to airplanes.

Lets try again.. SAME THING Happens.

Search, sucks
filters, Suck

if you want to make this thing “pretty” atleast keep the subcategories like the old marketplace had. We dont need a refined search category, we want SUB CATEGORIES! This isnt craigslist, its a very small market of people who are looking for items in very specific categories that the old marketplace worked very well in sorting out.
As stated in our recent announcement, we are currently working on an expanded set of filters.

This is a new marketplace, categories like Jets and Turbines will be populated with listings in due time as more people create listings. Since this post I can see that there has been at least 8 new Jet listings.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:45 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by warbirdflyer68
FIX THE BUTTON WHEN WE SOLD SOMETHING . IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME AND OTHERS and stop lying that it works on your side
Originally Posted by spidernad
FEEDBACK.
Then I click the "Mark listing as sold" button and when I click the "Perform Action" button nothing happens?
Thanks
​​​​​​​I've opened a ticket for this.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:39 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
So when I filter based upon a keyword, then look at an add, if I press the back button, the system doesn't go back to the filtered list, requiring me to filter the list again..
Thanks for the information. A ticket has been logged for the issue.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:42 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by GoNavy
Perhaps given time I will learn how to navigate the new format. I think I finally got the postings limited to "airplanes", but there were a goodly number of postings that were otherwise, i.e., jet fuel etc. When I tried opening the third page the site displayed its rotating circle, and after three minutes I gave up.

I would echo the comments of others concerning feedback. I always check a person's feedback, before making a deal, usually before even responding, and I assume others check mine before agreeing to send me money on the strength of my promise to deliver.

I have used this site, or its predecessors, since the 1980s if memory serves; Every format change required learning, but I must admit I am confused about how this new format works. Our internet service is abysmal, and it is very frustrating and time wasting to have to hunt, then hunt again, to find what I am looking for.
We hear you. Currently working to get back itrader ratings, as well as create more filters.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:04 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by spidernad
FEEDBACK.
Thanks
We are working on this, should be fixed today.

Originally Posted by kdunlap
Hey Obi Wan why do add posting dates get rearranged every time you pull up the classifieds. I see ads for 3/23 mixed in with today. There is no posting order that is maintained from page to page it keeps getting reset. In the airplane section pages 2,3,4 all the ads are the same. Oh my.
See below on post order.

As to the pages 2,3,4 in airplanes being the same, I am not able to reproduce this behavior. Looks to be working fine.

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I'm thinking,, Like the forums,, the ads bump up when there are replies
This is correct. When an ad is posted to, it goes to the top in its section, just like the forums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.