Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:54 AM
sirlancair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My default GoTo RC site is no longer RCU.classified.

New classified doesn't work for me....with hundreds of responses, I refuse to repeat the well thought out reasons given that go unheeded. I won't be using this site until it gets fixed. Good luck RCU seems your days are numbered. At least for me..they are.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:15 AM
erieqc

Default The end

I figured after 6 months they would of had it fixed by now but apparently not. I’m glad I haven’t wasted any of my time here anymore. I feel sorry for the people that supported this site for years now I see it at the bottom of my towelette bowl going out. 😢
Old 10-15-2018, 04:39 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Six months ago I gave up trying to use the Market Place.

For some reason, today, I thought I'd try again...I think the Market Place actually works. Not one hiccup this time around.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:47 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Six months ago I gave up trying to use the Market Place.

For some reason, today, I thought I'd try again...I think the Market Place actually works. Not one hiccup this time around.
Over the past few months we've been rolling out a series of fixes and updates, and have some more coming on the way. Glad it's working out for you.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Lou Tisch
My Feedback: (66)

Originally Posted by IBThomas
Over the past few months we've been rolling out a series of fixes and updates, and have some more coming on the way. Glad it's working out for you.
I paid extra money so as to receive not ads. Just got on here after several months and loaded with ads.
PITA
Lou
Old 10-15-2018, 08:58 PM
falling14
My Feedback: (25)

Umm.. They probably will not admit, but the new terrible format is to advertise. Now I can buy car insurance when I visit RCU. That is what it is all about.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:10 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

That’s what happens when a for-profit big internet company owns a free public site. They have to pay the bills somehow, and with all the gremlins this site has had over the last few years.... VERY few of the users will pay money to have upgraded membership. There’s still gonna be bugs that take months and months to fix it they “can”’fix them, there will
always be piles of ads, and we can look forward to full-size images in posts with no other options because that supposedly what we the users prefer.

I’ve been a member here since ‘06. Almost 10k posts. I’m kinda tired of the problems and the timing of the solutions. The traffic flow of this site has dropped dramatically.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:30 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Lou Tisch
I paid extra money so as to receive not ads. Just got on here after several months and loaded with ads.
PITA
Lou
A Premium Membership allows you to have marketplace privileges and discounts, not a lack of ads.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:49 AM
MYHELL99
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keywords and invoices

The keyword search and auto emails for new ads with those words was a great asset. I'd love that feature back.

The auto generated invoices with a direct link to PayPal was great too. Please bring that back too.

-Richie
Old 10-17-2018, 12:16 AM
falling14
My Feedback: (25)

Please just bring back the old site. How many people does it take to convince you? This site has lost so much from this new format.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:18 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by MYHELL99
The keyword search and auto emails for new ads with those words was a great asset. I'd love that feature back.

The auto generated invoices with a direct link to PayPal was great too. Please bring that back too.

-Richie
We're working on a new invoicing system right now. Stay tuned.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by falling14
Please just bring back the old site. How many people does it take to convince you? This site has lost so much from this new format.
I don't mean to sound blunt, but the old site is not coming back. If you have any issues or concerns with the current site, we're happy to hear your feedback to see if there's something we can improve for the community.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:44 AM
bruff
My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

And the new invoice system appears to be a joke. You need to cut and paste the add a bunch of info. Why can it not be like the old version?
Bob
Old 11-19-2018, 11:59 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't mean to sound blunt, but the old site is not coming back. If you have any issues or concerns with the current site, we're happy to hear your feedback to see if there's something we can improve for the community.
" If you have any issues or concerns with the current site, we're happy to hear your feedback..."

Baloney. You've been told repeatedly what is of concern.

And your response is, " the old site is not coming back ", which says that the concerns which you claim to be happy to respond to with improvements will be ignored.

You can be certain that what will not come back is RCU's earlier status and the lost members.

The least you could do is not reply with contradictions.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:07 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default I guess your dead set on CLOSING DOWN.

I guess your Dead Set

Since you changed for THE WORSE, I very rarely visit your site, and will continue in that vein for the future. I remember how user friendly your site used to be, and the PIECE OF JUNK it has become. That sir IS NOT PROGRESS OR BETTER. If your site statistics don't tell you that, well I don't know what to tell you. Your site will die a slow lingering death. Anyone thinks about it would say, "THIS IS NOT WORKING" and act accordingly. But hey, its your choice.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:16 PM
warbirdcolors
My Feedback: (5)

It is NOT a PIECE OF JUNK! ...Don't disrespect junk like that..

IT's A PIECE OF SH*T

It is truly the WORST web site I can think of...especially the marketplace. I love how when you click on something the screen jumps several time as the MANY OBNOXIOUS ADS load and pop images. and the screen jumps all over. You have to wait seconds before it stops moving so you can click on something and even then....

OMG! IT SUCKS
Old 11-20-2018, 12:21 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

they gotta make their money, dude,
we are just the means...
Old 11-20-2018, 03:36 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by bruff
And the new invoice system appears to be a joke. You need to cut and paste the add a bunch of info. Why can it not be like the old version?
Bob
We can't bring back the old system because the platform the previous marketplace ran on is unsupported.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:10 PM
erieqc

This new one isn’t supported either!!!
Old 11-20-2018, 04:32 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by erieqc
This new one isn’t supported either!!!
We've had numerous updates since the introduction of the new marketplace and have addressed and will continue to address community concerns.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:24 AM
erieqc

We've had numerous updates since the introduction of the new marketplace and have addressed and will continue to address community concerns.
Think what you want if it makes you feel better.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:53 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

So am I to understand correctly that 15 years or so of sales history that were available on this site until last April are now gone for good? Even when you started deleting the pictures and then the text from the old listings a couple years ago, I still found that information useful.

I did sell a few things here in the past.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:57 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickVB
So am I to understand correctly that 15 years or so of sales history that were available on this site until last April are now gone for good? Even when you started deleting the pictures and then the text from the old listings a couple years ago, I still found that information useful.
No, not correct -- we have added functionality.

If you see a member's forum post and go to their name on the left, you'll see 2 links:

Each of these provides historical trading data.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:04 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Not what I am talking about. I am referring to the actual listings. They provided wonderful item information and historic pricing context.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:28 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

True,, that data base is gone,, so when someone checks someone's feedback,, the link to the old ad goes to a dead link,,, it's useless now,, did the guy sell $2 servo extensions or $2,000 models????

This is what happens when you have non hobby guys running a hobby site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.