Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

You have destroyed a wonderful venue for selling merchandise

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

You have destroyed a wonderful venue for selling merchandise

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 03:49 AM
dhkirkwood
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You have destroyed a wonderful venue for selling merchandise

I cannot believe the new format of the RC Universe Market Place; and, the entire system in general... It used to be so easy to place an ad and follow the results through to the point of sale. The new revised format is now way too confusing. It was straight forward and fairly intuitive for years... now it is cumbersome and almost unusable... bad decision

Who ever designed the new format missed the mark by about 1000%.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:49 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

We have some fixes coming soon in two upcoming fixes: RCU Forums - Announcements in Forum : Forum questions or problems

Hope this addresses some of your concerns.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Skyflyer
My Feedback: (122)

I agree wholeheartedly! I have given up trying to sell the many intended items here owing to the recent, user-unfriendly procedures. It is almost as if RCU doesn't really care. Re-invented the wheel have they? Lots of luck :>((
Old 08-20-2018, 04:30 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

well, ya know, if ya run a 12 sided wheel long enough, it sorta smooths out...
Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 PM
bromschwig
My Feedback: (7)

I have tried to make two listings. Formatted all of the texst, uploaded all of the photos. Spent lots of time here doing this.

Both times when I click on LIST IT, it came back with a text error message that made no sense, and all of the work I had done was erased. As this forum used to have lots and lots of stuff for sale, and now it has almost nothing, I guess many people are having this issue.

Guess Ill delete this icon...…
Old 10-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Skyflyer
My Feedback: (122)

It is bad enough that one must go thru this hostile cyber mess to post something...but when I found that we must go thru the whole time-consuming process again to renew the ad I just said SCREW IT and have not been back since. I'm not going to hold my breath for back-to-basics changes. I don't really think RCU's management gives a rat's arse.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:15 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by bromschwig
I have tried to make two listings. Formatted all of the texst, uploaded all of the photos. Spent lots of time here doing this.

Both times when I click on LIST IT, it came back with a text error message that made no sense, and all of the work I had done was erased. As this forum used to have lots and lots of stuff for sale, and now it has almost nothing, I guess many people are having this issue.

Guess Ill delete this icon...…
Do you what the size of your photos were? They were probably too large for the ad. Generally you want your photos to be around 1024 X 768 in pixel size.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:20 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Skyflyer
It is bad enough that one must go thru this hostile cyber mess to post something...but when I found that we must go thru the whole time-consuming process again to renew the ad I just said SCREW IT and have not been back since. I'm not going to hold my breath for back-to-basics changes. I don't really think RCU's management gives a rat's arse.
We have an update on the way that will improve renewing ads.

5 days before your listing expires, an email will be sent to you that offers the option of extending the expiry date of your ad.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:10 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

yet more spam to get caught in the filter.

why not just put a button in the listing tools on the add itself that shows the current exp date and give the option of extending for x days?
visible/available only to the original poster, of course.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:36 AM
6LQQKR2
My Feedback: (6)

" You have destroyed a wonderful venue for selling merchandise"
I totally agree to all previous posts regarding the above forum heading.
My biggest problem is navigating thru the Messaging System. After searching thru all of the options in the Messaging System I
can not find or read/edit any Private Message sent to a possible buyer. I can only determine that a private msg. has been sent
but can not determine how to review a "Private Message" that has been sent to a prospective buyer.

Your Messaging System is very cumbersome and confusing. Am also in agreement with a previous post concerning the process
involved to accomplish posting a ""BUY & SELL" listing in the Market Place.

RC UNIVERSE has become cumbersome and frustrating!!!!.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:59 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by 6LQQKR2
" You have destroyed a wonderful venue for selling merchandise"
I totally agree to all previous posts regarding the above forum heading.
My biggest problem is navigating thru the Messaging System. After searching thru all of the options in the Messaging System I
can not find or read/edit any Private Message sent to a possible buyer. I can only determine that a private msg. has been sent
but can not determine how to review a "Private Message" that has been sent to a prospective buyer.

Your Messaging System is very cumbersome and confusing. Am also in agreement with a previous post concerning the process
involved to accomplish posting a ""BUY & SELL" listing in the Market Place.

RC UNIVERSE has become cumbersome and frustrating!!!!.

Are you checking the Sent PM's option in your inbox? If a message is already sent, you won't be able to edit it.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:07 PM
6LQQKR2
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by IBThomas

Are you checking the Sent PM's option in your inbox? If a message is already sent, you won't be able to edit it.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Yes I had already checked where you have suggested. My earlier post stated: "I can not find or read/edit any Private Message sent to a possible buyer.
I can only determine that a private msg. has been sent." I should have stated: "I can not find or read any Private Message sent to a possible buyer." Trying to edit
a Private Message would be like trying to stop a U S Postal airplane on it's take-off to retrieve an air mail letter. No matter where I looked in the messaging center I
could not find the message that was sent so that I could read it. Although it was a pvt msg I still should have been able to read it after it was sent. No msgs had been deleted..
RCU of the past was much simpler and better. No reply is required Thank You.