Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

good starter drone with real time video?

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

good starter drone with real time video?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 05:38 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default good starter drone with real time video?

Hey, looking to get into drones for photography, whats a good one to check out that has real time video and is pretty stable and easy to fly? Looking at something under $2000 RTF. I'm somewhat experienced with RC helicopters but very experienced with large fixed wing planes, cars, and boats.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:58 AM
gearbester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend DJI Phantom 3 or Cx-22
http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phantom-3-Professional-With-4K-Camera-Advanced-1080p-HD-RTF-p-973201.html
Old 07-22-2015, 11:53 AM
IFlySlowPlanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consider the Yuneec Q500+ or Q5004k

These are excellent aerial photography platforms, with the 4k model in particular being an outstanding machine with excellent video and still capabilities, while being exceptionally easy to use and fly. They both use a built-in real-time video downlink to the transmitter itself (no need for a smart phone or bulky tablet). The 4k unit has the best user interface of the two, but the Q500+ is close. I have the original Q500 and am upgrading to the CGO2+ camera for the better resolution and because it fixes the fisheye effect on the older unit. Not as agile as a Phantom, but an AP platform is just that...the more stable, the better.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Originally Posted by sheograth
Hey, looking to get into drones for photography, whats a good one to check out that has real time video and is pretty stable and easy to fly? Looking at something under $2000 RTF. I'm somewhat experienced with RC helicopters but very experienced with large fixed wing planes, cars, and boats.