Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14SG SBUS setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14SG SBUS setup

Sanity check, please...

I have a DC3 that requires too many servos... I'm going to use S3071HV's X 11 for all the surfaces... it's a 14SG radio and the 7008 rcvr.

Q) I'm going to run a 2S lipo in each wing to power both the motors and the servos/rcvr. so each wing will have power going into a terminal to consolidate the 3 servos in each wing and power for the motor. Will I have issues with ignition noise with SBUS. The plan is to have one lead going to a terminal (Channel 8 on the rcvr) which will be distributed leads to tail, and both wings.

Q) I have electric retracts from ESM for this bird... can I plug them into the receiver directly for standard channel or do I have to buy a decoder?

Q) I read somewhere that someone actually daisy chained SBUS servos. Is there any concern of signal loss for soldered connections for SBUS?

thanks for your time!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as the servo leads are as far as possible from the ignition system, you should not have a problem with ignition noise.

The electric retracts can be plugged into a standard channel output on the receiver.

S-bus servos are "daisy chained" through the S-Bus, but you can connects a variety of servos to the same chain. As long as you have sufficient power, you should be OK.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bax
As long as the servo leads are as far as possible from the ignition system, you should not have a problem with ignition noise.

The electric retracts can be plugged into a standard channel output on the receiver.

S-bus servos are "daisy chained" through the S-Bus, but you can connects a variety of servos to the same chain. As long as you have sufficient power, you should be OK.

Thanks Bill! that's awesome. I had assumed that if I was running SBUS servos I couldn't run standard servos off the receiver. how about the sbus daisy chain? can I wire up a multi servo lead that will include a switched power source from each wing nacelle? (imagine a 4 way Y-cable)
Old 05-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That will work.