Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 14MZ - sound beep for mid stick position.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 11:17 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 14MZ - sound beep for mid stick position.

Hi,
I have set up in my Futaba 14MZ Sound menu a setting for a beep sound when throttle is in mid stick position.
Se attached photo how I have made the setting.
It works as such but there is a problem:

I have to move the throttle stick up or down rather slow for the beep to sound.
Slow movment of the stick up/down and it works great.
But it is not always possible to to move the stick slow enough when flying (I fly F3A aerobatics) and then I get no beep of course.
It is as if it enter the green band (+-6% in my case) and the movment is to quick there is no reaction from the sound, lets say You have 3/4 throttle and then quickly down to 1/3 and then You do not hear any beep when the throttle position go through the green band. So it will come from read band (beep off) go through green band (should beep) and enter red band (no beep). Maybe it is some logic behind this that I have not understood.

Is it a bug in 14MZ that prevent to sound to beep when when throttle stick is moved little faster?
Or have I set up wrong what I want to achieve?
Does it work as expected in Futaba 18MZ (and 18SZ)?

I do not expect it will be a fix if it is a bug in 14MZ but it would be nice to know if it works in 18MZ or 18SZ since my 14MZ is rather old and will need to replace it with something newer sooner or later.

I have this firmware in my Futaba 14MZ: Encoder 1.44, Editor1.6.0
(I do not use latest Encoder 1.47 Editor 1.7 since the two features/fixes was of no importance to me)

I have a thread here at RCU about the throttle mid stick setup:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...mid-stick.html

regards,
Bo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Throttle_On-Off_sound_mid_stick_position_Futaba_14MZ.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	2216666  

Last edited by bem; 05-22-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:34 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's nothing wrong with your transmitter. You have a small area that must be detected for the sound to play. What happens when you move quickly through the box is that you do such a quick 'off-on-off' sequence that the sound player cannot respond in time. The player gets an 'off' command before it can fully execute the 'on' command. The 18MZ is no different, and the 18SZ does not have that capability.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:43 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Thanks Bax for the answer.
On some other transmitters it works even if throttle stick is moved fast, for example on JR XG11 and Taranis X9G (and it probably work on some other transmitters also).

I may add that it is same type of problem on Futaba 14MZ if you have for example a 3 pos. switch and has assigned a sound to each position. Sometimes the sound is "missed" if for example if You move the switch from pos. 1 to pos. 2 and the sound is played and You move to pos. 3 while the sound for pos.2 has not finished there will be no sound played for pos. 3. On the other hand it is good that if one move the switch from lets say pos 3. back to pos. 1 or vice versa the sound for pos. 2 is not played as the swtich goes over pos. 2 - but this only works if the switch from end positions are fast enough so player has not started to play the sound for pos. 2.
I suppose I have to be gentle on the throttle stick to get greater chanse the mid stick position sound will play.
Maybe You could ask Futaba to add to future wishlist for some of their high end transmitters to be able to get a sound played regardless how fast the throttle stick is moved up/down, if You think this enhancement (as I see it) could be valuable to others also?

regards,
Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-23-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We can only pass on the suggestion.