Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18SZ Telemetry display units and scale, support for more sensors, from third party

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:06 PM
NickNitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18SZ Telemetry display units and scale, support for more sensors, from third party

Been a customer of Futaba for 30 plus years, and as my hobby now includes turbines, telemetry is becoming more important.

Would like to hear directly from Futaba, if there is any plans to support more third party telemetry modules, specifically around Turbine FADECs\ECUs JetCat V10 is supported, But Xicoy is not supported and a leading telemetry provider for turbines, Is there any plans to open up support for any other sensors.

Second, as an alternative to above, would Futaba consider allowing display units and perhaps scale to be customized in the telemetry sensor settings. could be as simple as a generic 1 slot sensor with customizable labels for temperature, rpm, percentage, flow ml\min, voltage, etc..

Could be an easy feature that would help customers who would like to leverage latest telemetry from moving to competitors radio systems like Jeti

Nick
Owner, 18SZ, 14SG, 9CAP, and many many more
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NickNitro
Been a customer of Futaba for 30 plus years, and as my hobby now includes turbines, telemetry is becoming more important.

Would like to hear directly from Futaba, if there is any plans to support more third party telemetry modules, specifically around Turbine FADECs\ECUs JetCat V10 is supported, But Xicoy is not supported and a leading telemetry provider for turbines, Is there any plans to open up support for any other sensors.
As far as I know nobody at Futaba monitors this, or any other forum. In addition, Futaba rarely, if ever, shares information about what they are developing. What I can do is pass this comment along to the people at Hobbico who interact directly with Futaba.

Second, as an alternative to above, would Futaba consider allowing display units and perhaps scale to be customized in the telemetry sensor settings. could be as simple as a generic 1 slot sensor with customizable labels for temperature, rpm, percentage, flow ml\min, voltage, etc..
THis has been requested in the past. I will pass it along again. The more often they hear a request the more likely they will do something with it.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:31 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickNitro

Would like to hear directly from Futaba, if there is any plans to support more third party telemetry modules, specifically around Turbine FADECsECUs JetCat V10 is supported, But Xicoy is not supported and a leading telemetry provider for turbines, Is there any plans to open up support for any other sensors.

Second, as an alternative to above, would Futaba consider allowing display units and perhaps scale to be customized in the telemetry sensor settings. could be as simple as a generic 1 slot sensor with customizable labels for temperature, rpm, percentage, flow mlmin, voltage, etc..

Could be an easy feature that would help customers who would like to leverage latest telemetry from moving to competitors radio systems like Jeti

Nick
Owner, 18SZ, 14SG, 9CAP, and many many more
Been asking for this for at least five years since I bought my 18MZ. Still the most expensive hobby radio on the market that can't even keep up feature and telemetry wise with a $200 Frsky Taranis. Would I fly one of my turbines with a Taranis? No but there are other quality radios out there at half the price. Here is a picture of what my 18MZ telemetry screen looks like with a Jetcentral turbine and a Xicoy adapter. Other than EGT and RPM, everything comes up as temperature. I just don't get Futaba's mindset in this market.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	telemetry.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2258783