Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Problems with 3PK / ESC combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 10:33 AM
didiwatt
My Feedback: (38)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Problems with 3PK / ESC combo

Dear sirs I am using a 3PK radio with an FP-R113iP receiver. I have ran it in gas trucks for a year with no problems. I just purchased a Mamba 25 Performance set-up from you for the Losi Mini-T. Trouble is, I cannot get the throttle to work through the esc. Steering works just fine but I get no respose whatsoever from the throttle/brake. All values are centered and I turned off the fail safe in case it was causing the problem. Is this receiver not capable of handling an esc unit? I know everthing else works as I am using the car/esc unit with another radio. Your help would be appreciated.
Paul Eagon
Old 12-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with 3PK / ESC combo

Hi Paul,

With the Mamba, if using it with a new transmitter for the first time you will need to calibrate this to your radio. The instructions that come with the Mamba should walk you through this step by step.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 12-28-2004, 09:22 PM
didiwatt

Krista:
Thank you for your response. I have gone through the set-up sequence that comes with the mamba system numerous times but will try it again.
From your response, I take it that 3PK transmitter with the R113iP receiver should work with the mamba esc. Is this correct?
Paul Eagon
Old 12-30-2004, 09:37 AM
didiwatt

Krista:
I have done some futher testing. Any transmitter set-up variations will not work. What the problem is, when I plug in power, the esc will power up but the constant yellow light will not stay on. At this point I have steering but not throttle. I have discovered that if I simply pull the esc plug from the Futaba receiver, plug it into the stock 27mgh receiver that came with the car, (with the stock radio turned on of course) the light will come on. If I then quickly remove the esc plug and put it back into the futaba receiver, the Futaba radio/receiver combo works perfectly. If I unplug power at this point, the combo will work again only if I replug power withing 30 seconds. If I wait longe than that, I am back to square one.

Any Ideas? I am beginning to think this esc will not work with either PCM, fail-safe, or both. I do have the fail-safe inhibited.

I would buy a new non-pcm receiver if I knew that would solve the problem. Do you have any electric car guys that you can run this problem buy?

Thank You
Paul Eagon
Old 12-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Paul,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, kind of got caught up in other jobs here. But, yes, let me get one of the car guys to try this out and see if they can come up with anything, and I will let you know just as soon as I can.

Krysta