Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

why does futaba keep making "super" series

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Ge Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does futaba keep making "super" series

why does futaba keep making a radio then a few months later add a super edition, i would be pretty angry if i brought a 9cap/9z thinking i have the lastest radio then the 9chps/9z wcII comes out, what am i suppose to do if i want the lastest? sell my current radio and buy the super version? how about if futaba made a less dramatic solution,such as downloadable updates . Also how are retailers supposed to sell their a 9chp when the 9chps is on the self for a few more bucks? With the 14mz's updates interface I CERTAINLY hope they dont produce a 14mz super!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: why does futaba keep making "super" series

I really like the idea of downloadable upgrades. It seems now most of the improvements are software based, so it would be a viable option.

Futaba - you listening??
Old 07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The timeline is actually something like:

1) Futaba brings out a new system. It has enough new technology and new features that it is given an entirely new designation, such as when the 9C replaced the 8U-series.

2) The new system (like the 9C) is on the market for a number of years. Futaba then brings out a newer-design version of the same transmitter, adding some features, possibly adding some new technology. The call it the "Super Series"...like the 9C Super.

3) The "Super" version doesn't come out within a few months after introduction of the original series. It is developed over a few years and then released. The older version will have gone out of prodution quite a few months previous to the newer series coming out.

The 9Z-series of transmitters was on the market over 10 years, and went through three versions: 9ZAP/ZHP, 9ZAW/ZHW, and the 9ZA WC2/9ZHWC2. There was at least 3 years between versions.

New versions are always announced months before they actually become available. Unfortunately, some people will have purchased the previous version at just about the same time or shortly previous to that.

Downloadable updates are currently available on the 12Z and 14MZ transmitters. Each transmitter has had a number of updates since their introdution. It is likely that downloadable updates will remain available only in the Top-of-the-Line transmitters.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:20 AM
w.pasman

They have to keep selling new stuff or they would go bankrupt I suppose? To do that they try to introduce a "newer", "better" etc (their words, not necessarily what you think of it) Tx every two years or so. We are just lucky that they keep supporting the older stuff!