Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG Function / Channel Assignment HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Capiche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG Function / Channel Assignment HELP !

12 FG Problem - Can anyone help

I have a new 12FG. I bought it on 2.4Ghz, and I have purchased also the 35Mhz module to go with it.

I have uploaded the latest software update (1.6) for it.

When I set up my first model, without having read the instructions (!), I changed the channel assignment in the FUNCTION menu because I thought I knew best.

I then read the manual and understood that the channel assignment is completely different and the set is intended to propose optimum set up, although you CAN alter it.

I want to follow its suggested set ups on my new models, but can I get it to come up with the proper channel assigments according to the instruction manual ? NO... I have reset model data, set up new models, switched modules, deleted models the whole thing.

The only model type that seems to come up with the assignments as shown in the manual is a Glider and I haven't got any of those !

It keeps coming up with the traditional Ch 1 Aileron, Ch 2 Elevator, Ch 3 Throttle etc etc. My manual says different.

Now : My mate bought one too. same time.
I upgraded his software from my mem card.
HIS works FINE. We have run through doing things simaltaneously and his comes up with different results.

SO, Im assuming i have been an idiot somewhere along the line and changed something I can not recognise in the set or the manual or i have a software issue.

Its Easter Holiday Weekend coming up and I want to fly my new toys and my old ones that I have yet to load (having previously been on a 9ZAP that I no longer have !)

Anyone ?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FG Function / Channel Assignment HELP !

When in model type go into what ever type it says and select it and then turn the dial, you should then have further selections to select from, this confused me when I bought a second unit and it was on helicoptor and I could not find aircraft.

Mike
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Capiche

HUH ???? [:-]

I think Im near conclusion, but thanks anyway

Anyone interested follow;
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...functions.html
Old 04-08-2009, 03:58 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry missuderstood your post, I thought you where only getting "Glider" on "Modle Type"

The manual is possibly written a long time prior to the latest updates in the Tx, I know that on my Elan selecting winglets the rudders are controlled by AUX2 and AUX3 and the Tx screen says "Rudder" on Ch 3 this is now the nose wheel steering, switched off by the retract switch.

Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In what mode are you trying to operate the transmitter? If you are using PPM or PCM1024, the transmitter will ask if you want the "regular" channel order that's historically been used. If you are using PCM-G3, and you change from the older specs, then the transmitter will ask you if you want to change to the channel order used by PCM-G3. You are in full control of the default setups.

If your transmitter is set up one way, then go into the Frequency section of the Linkage menu, change the modulation and then change it back. You'll see the prompt that asks you if you want the channel order changed. Select PCM-G3, and then hit "yes" when the transmitter asks if it's OK to change the channel order to that suitable for PCM-G3.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Capiche

Great thanks.

I got some help elsewhere too which is along these lines.

The answer I am now trying to get is, with the older 1024 / PPM stuff, does the channel assignment matter / get improved with the revised assignment.

i.e. should I adopt the PCM G3 channel assignment for the older gear or does it not make a scrap of difference.

This is my last Q !?

cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The different channel assignment in the G3 system is to keep similar functions close together to reduce any type of lag in the system. If you use the G3 channel order on a PPM or PCM1024 system, then functions such as dual elevators will have the minimum lag between the halves. The same for separate aileron servos.

Of course, the much faster processing of the G3 system also helps a lot!

If you're going to be using a trainer cord with other systems, though, you'll need to make sure the channel order is the same for both the student and master transmitters. With the Futaba 12FG, 12Z, or 14MZ, you can make the channel order whatever you want, regardless of whether you are using PPM, PCM1024, PCM-G3, or FASST transmission.